Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #54-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 54, Number 15 Saturday, 15 June 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: No! Review TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" TMBG: A possibly good idea Re: TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" Re: TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" Re: TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" Re: TMBG: No! Problems Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3D09C31E.82E0310@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:19:16 -0700 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: No! Review The Farking Disc wrote: > I just realized that it's nine months to the day since Mink Car was > released. I guess I'm a little slow..;) > I'm just glad that THIS release didn't coincide with a national tragedy. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3D09C49B.D38B051F@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:25:38 -0700 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" I'm very pleased with "No!" but I always thought that "Monsters of Mud" would have been a great track to include. Since they didn't use it on "No!" and because its an **EXCELLENT** song they must have some other big plans for it. Right? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <92040-220026514152239368@tmbg.cc> From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: TMBG: A possibly good idea Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:22:39 -0400 > Playing with the cool flash stuff on NO! gave me an idea. How cool would > it be if some of us as fans could design Flash stuff to go along with > prexisting TMBG songs. I don't know a damn thing about Flash, and I'm far > to lazy to attack a project like this myself, but I think it'd be a fun > thing for any of you who need to develop your flash skills anyway. > > -John "third John" Landis I'm not familiar with how Flash works, but I'd like to learn and what a better way than something as fun as this? I tried looking up how to get started on the web and Macromedia is selling a Flash editor program for $500. Is there some cheaper way to get into this? Shaun TMBG Citizen of Utah www.tmbg.cc ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <192.850fa3e.2a3b6ac6@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:50:30 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" In a message dated 6/14/02 6:16:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > I'm very pleased with "No!" but I always thought that "Monsters of Mud" > would have been a great track to include. Since they didn't use it on "No!" > and because its an **EXCELLENT** song they must have some other big plans > for > it. Right? it's on the No promo disc as a bonus track, along with the adult version of robot parade and clowntown. it seems to me that all of these songs were considered for No but not used. i really like monsters of mud though, so i hope they don't forget about it. jessie. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Jessie: >In a message dated 6/14/02 6:16:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > > > > I'm very pleased with "No!" but I always thought that "Monsters of Mud" > > would have been a great track to include. Since they didn't use it on >"No!" > > and because its an **EXCELLENT** song they must have some other big >plans > > for > > it. Right? > >it's on the No promo disc as a bonus track, along with the adult version of >robot parade and clowntown. it seems to me that all of these songs were >considered for No but not used. i really like monsters of mud though, so i >hope they don't forget about it. Someone interviewed Linnell a few months back, and he said they intended to use "Monsters Of Mud" as an EP B-side. I've heard no news of any EP's coming out anytime soon, though, so whether this will come to pass remains to be seen. If there is a "No!" EP, I wonder if there will be any other B-sides. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jun 14 16:18:58 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g5EKIwh31640 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:18:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m08.mx.aol.com (imo-m08.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.163]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g5EKIvJ31635 for ; Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:18:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from Kaylum@aol.com) Received: from Kaylum@aol.com by imo-m08.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.dc.1893ba65 (3999) for ; Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:18:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:18:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Fate of "Monsters of Mud" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_dc.1893ba65.2a3ba99e_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 10503 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Kaylum@aol.com --part1_dc.1893ba65.2a3ba99e_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 6/14/2002 3:23:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > >it's on the No promo disc as a bonus track, along with the adult version of > >robot parade and clowntown. it seems to me that all of these songs were > >considered for No but not used. i really like monsters of mud though, so i > >hope they don't forget about it. > > Someone interviewed Linnell a few months back, and he said they intended to > > use "Monsters Of Mud" as an EP B-side. I've heard no news of any EP's > coming out anytime soon, though, so whether this will come to pass remains > to be seen. If there is a "No!" EP, I wonder if there will be any other > B-sides. > That sampler sounds like such a perfect ep, though, I wonder if that's what Linnell was thinking of. And I wonder why they were forced to stop selling it after just one or two shows, or if it will appear at any other shows now that No has been released. Kay --part1_dc.1893ba65.2a3ba99e_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 6/14/2002 3:23:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes:

>it's on the No promo disc as a bonus track, along with the adult version of
>robot parade and clowntown. it seems to me that all of these songs were
>considered for No but not used. i really like monsters of mud though, so i
>hope they don't forget about it.

Someone interviewed Linnell a few months back, and he said they intended to
use "Monsters Of Mud" as an EP B-side.  I've heard no news of any EP's
coming out anytime soon, though, so whether this will come to pass remains
to be seen.  If there is a "No!" EP, I wonder if there will be any other
B-sides.

That sampler sounds like such a perfect ep, though, I wonder if that's what Linnell was thinking of.  And I wonder why they were forced to stop selling it after just one or two shows, or if it will appear at any other shows now that No has been released.

Kay
--part1_dc.1893ba65.2a3ba99e_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jun 14 22:23:20 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g5F2NKI41256 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:23:20 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail6.nc.rr.com (fe6.southeast.rr.com [24.93.67.53]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g5F2NKJ41251 for ; Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:23:20 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by mail6.nc.rr.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:16:30 -0400 Received: from ncmx02.mgw.rr.com ([24.93.67.222]) by mail6.nc.rr.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.5.1877.757.75); Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:46:09 -0400 Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org [208.185.30.210]) by ncmx02.mgw.rr.com (8.12.2/8.12.2) with ESMTP id g5C1k8a2008387 for ; Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:46:08 -0400 (EDT) Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g5C1jqL34205; Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:45:52 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list) Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:45:50 -0400 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g5C1joV34194 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:45:50 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f114.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.114]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g5C1joJ34189 for ; Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:45:50 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:45:44 -0700 Received: from 68.83.100.173 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:45:43 GMT X-Originating-IP: [68.83.100.173] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: No! Problems Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:45:43 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 12 Jun 2002 01:45:44.0923 (UTC) FILETIME=[DE2E6AB0:01C211B2] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Shaun: >So, I had the hardest time getting my copy of No! today. I walked >into Media Play and looked in the "T" section and could find no >copies of No! So, I went to the "New Release" section and couldn't >find it there. I then had an epiphany and it occurred to me to check >the "Children's Music" section. Still, I had no luck. Defeated, I >decided to put my male pride aside and ask the music clerk where it >was. > >"Excuse me, do you have the new They Might Be Giants CD that came out >today?" I ask the clerk. > >"Who's They May Be Giants?" she responds. > >"Oh dear," I think to myself. "No. They Might Be Giants." I say. > >"Oh. Let me see...." She looks something up in a binder then types >into a computer which takes much time to respond. She types some >more and then we wait some more for the computer to respond. She >sighs as if I'm keeping her from something more important. She types >some more and again waits for the computer to respond. Finally, >after another screen pops up she asks, "Do you know the name of the >album?" > >"No!" I say. > >"You don't know? There are a lot listed here. You don't have a >clue?" > >"No, I know. It's No!" > >"'No' you know or 'no' you don't know?" I had a conversation somewhat like this at FYE: "Is the new They Might Be Giants in?" "Do you know the name of it?" "No!" "No! is the name of the album, or no, you don't know?" I wonder if TMBG gave it that name just so people could have these Abbott-and-Costello-type arguments with record clerks. At least these people realized that "No!" COULD be the title. >Next door to Media Play is a Circuit City so I tried there. No luck >there either, but I did find a CD called "They Might Be Giants: The >Best of the Early Years" for $5.99 that I was tempted to buy and had >I had more cash on me I would have bought, in spite of the fact that >everything on it was from the pink album or Lincoln. It did have the >album art from the "Don't Let's Start" single though, and that's a >plus I guess. Still, it was no No!. That cover has confused me before. "Wow, the Don't Let's Start single? Oh, no, it's just that rip-off compilation." Not that I have any need to buy that single either, since I already have all the songs from it, but I might get it anyway if I saw it in a store. I think "The Best of the Early Years" is some BMG thing. They have another one called "Live," which is basically half of Severe Tire Damage. >My real point in all this was to ask if anyone else had a problem >finding No! After it being a no-show (pun unintended) at four >places, I was beginning to wonder if there might be distribution >problems. Having found it, though, I wonder about my original >wonder. I hope all of you had an easier time finding it than I did. I found it at Sam Goody, but it was $18.99, so I didn't get it. FYE said they'd probably get it in tomorrow. Coconuts didn't know what I was talking about, and said it wasn't on their list. If FYE doesn't have it soon, and for less money, maybe I'll just buy an $18.99 copy. Incidentally, Sam Goody had it in the regular TMBG section, not in children's music (which, at all three stores, was a rather pathetic section made up pretty much entirely of kids' show soundtracks and "songs for kids" collections, with few or no actual albums as such) or new releases. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #54-15 ******************************