Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #54-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 54, Number 19 Wednesday, 19 June 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6900 DM Re: TMBG: X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6900 TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) RE: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) TMBG: Providence Concert Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) TMBG: TMBG-Park City gig TMBG: No! vs. Beethoven's 5th Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <200206181606.JAA11533@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "SANDRA SAVIMBI" Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:44:47 -0700 Subject: TMBG: X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6900 DM Dear Friend, This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met. The message could be strange but reel if you pay some attention to it. I could have notified you about it at least for the sake of your integrity. Please accept my sincere apologies. In bringing this message of goodwill to you, I have to say that I have no intentions of causing you any pains. I am Ms. Sandra savimbi, daughter of the late rebel leader Jonas savimbi of Angola who was killed on the 22nd of febuary 2002 . I managed to get your contact details through "The World Business Journal", a journal of the Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce in South Africa in the time I was desperately looking for a trustworthy person to assist me in this confidential business. my late father, Jonas savimbi was able to deposit a large sum of money in differnt banks in europe My father is presently death and the movement of his family members (including me) is restricted. We are forbidden to either travel abroad or out of our localities. Presently, the US$25,600,000.00 twentyfive, MILLION, six HUNDRED DOLLARS my father transfered to Netherlands is safe and is in a security firm. I am therefore soliciting your help tohave this money transfered into your account. before my government get wind of this fund .You know my father was a rebel leader in Angola before his death My reason for doing this is because it will be difficult for the Angolan government to trace my father's money to an individual's account, especially when such an individual has no relationship ,I decided to keep that money for my family use. At present the money is kept in a Security Company in nertherland. I am currently and temporarily living in Angola with my husband. Moreover the political climatein Angola at the moment being so sensitive and unstable. When you are ready i will give you the information needed before you can get access to the fund you will then proceed to Netherlands where the US$25,600,000.00 twentyfive, MILLION, six HUNDRED DOLLARS will be given to you as payment. Alternatively, you can have the fund transferred into any account that suits you. and for your co-operation and partnership, we have unanimously agreed that you will be entitled to 5.5% of the money when successfully receive it in your account. The nature of your business is not relevant to the successful execution of this transaction. kindly provide me with all your contacts addresses including your personal telephone and fax number. All correspondence is for the attention of my counsel:joseph edward. Kindly get back to us. Sandra Savimbi. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:35:51 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6900 Hey TMBG must have got a mention in "The World Business Journal"?! I don't think so. BTW well done on the World Cup football result - USA have gone further that we Brits will bearing in mind we are playing Brazil on Friday and that's where out adventure must surely end. My betting is a 2-1 result. Richard >>> "SANDRA SAVIMBI" 19/06/02 02:44:47 >>> Dear Friend, This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met. The message could be strange but reel if you pay some attention to it. I could have notified you about it at least for the sake of your integrity. Please accept my sincere apologies. In bringing this message of goodwill to you, I have to say that I have no intentions of causing you any pains. I am Ms. Sandra savimbi, daughter of the late rebel leader Jonas savimbi of Angola who was killed on the 22nd of febuary 2002 . I managed to get your contact details through "The World Business Journal", a journal of the Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce in South Africa in the time I was desperately looking for a trustworthy person to assist me in this confidential business. my late father, Jonas savimbi was able to deposit a large sum of money in differnt banks in europe My father is presently death and the movement of his family members (including me) is restricted. We are forbidden to either travel abroad or out of our localities. Presently, the US$25,600,000.00 twentyfive, MILLION, six HUNDRED DOLLARS my father transfered to Netherlands is safe and is in a security firm. I am therefore soliciting your help tohave this money transfered into your account. before my government get wind of this fund .You know my father was a rebel leader in Angola before his death My reason for doing this is because it will be difficult for the Angolan government to trace my father's money to an individual's account, especially when such an individual has no relationship ,I decided to keep that money for my family use. At present the money is kept in a Security Company in nertherland. I am currently and temporarily living in Angola with my husband. Moreover the political climatein Angola at the moment being so sensitive and unstable. When you are ready i will give you the information needed before you can get access to the fund you will then proceed to Netherlands where the US$25,600,000.00 twentyfive, MILLION, six HUNDRED DOLLARS will be given to you as payment. Alternatively, you can have the fund transferred into any account that suits you. and for your co-operation and partnership, we have unanimously agreed that you will be entitled to 5.5% of the money when successfully receive it in your account. The nature of your business is not relevant to the successful execution of this transaction. kindly provide me with all your contacts addresses including your personal telephone and fax number. All correspondence is for the attention of my counsel:joseph edward. Kindly get back to us. Sandra Savimbi. ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:14:46 +0000 Message-ID: "john m" wrote in message news:vMeP8.41006$LC3.3110163@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >That's right, it's the war of the millenium! A blood-filled battle to the >death! 17 exciting matches that must be seen to be believed! See it only on >Pay Per View!!! Since no one else seems to be responding to this, I might as well report the results of this little match. These are from the mailing list and newsgroup combined, and I THINK they're accurate, although I might have missed something here and there. I'm prone to human error, after all. Bangs and Fibber Island are all tied up, 6:6. Cyclops Rock narrowly edges out Four Of Two, 7:5. Man, It's So Loud In Here crushes Robot Parade, 9:3. No! wins out 10:2 over that underdog with a few vocal supporters, Mr. Xcitement. Apparently Danny Weinkauf has created a hit, or else he's just lucky to be up against one of the less popular songs from Mink Car, because Where Do They Make Balloons? has triumphed over Another First Kiss, 10:1. I must be the only one who likes In The Middle, because it lost big to I've Got A Fang. 9:2 was the final score. Never only just a hat, Hovering Sombrero soars over Violin, 11:1. John Lee Supertaster just barely wins over Yeh Yeh, 6:5. The only unanimously elected candidate here is Hopeless Bleak Despair, which completely slaughtered our poor friend Edison, 12:0. The House At The Top Of Tree might be a popular target for giant mice, but it's also the clear victor over Drink!, 9:2. My Man may never walk again, but he still stomped on Clap Your Hands, 9:3. I Am Not Your Broom beats Older, 8:4. Mink Car wins in a photo finish over Wake Up Call, 6:5. That Wicked Little Critta with a sissy bar has tied I Am A Grocery Bag, 6:6. Finished With Lies defeats Lazyhead And Sleepbones, 8:4. Both Bed Bed Bed and Sleepwalkers have crushed their respective competitors, She Thinks She's Edith Head and Working Undercover For The Man, by the same score, 10:2. The overall winner, by the incredibly narrow margin of three points, is Mink Car, 101:98. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3D0F72CF.8020507@fruhead.com> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:50:07 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > The overall winner, by the incredibly narrow margin of three points, is > Mink Car, 101:98. so wait, does this mean that because it's so close that they're both really great or they're both kinda mediocre so it was just a toss up? :) ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:58:03 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Heretic! Varlet!! Writhe in the interminable agony that is the fate of the unrighteous!!! > -----Original Message----- > From: lawrence solomon [mailto:zaph@fruhead.com] > Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 1:50 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) > > > Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > > The overall winner, by the incredibly narrow margin of > three points, is > > Mink Car, 101:98. > > so wait, does this mean that because it's so close that they're both > really great or they're both kinda mediocre so it was just a > toss up? :) > > ------------------------------ From: TMBG37@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:12:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Hey, I've got another idea! Maybe we could compare No! to Beethoven's 5th Symphony! All you do is compare each track to each movement. Send in your results! ==================================================== Evil lurks where you least expect it... So check your sock drawer. ==================================================== ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <145.102fa293.2a40e3a5@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:27:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) This seems like fun! But the ordering is confusing me so Im just gonna do it in album order... Bangs def. Fibber Island Cyclops Rock def. Four of Two (this was a tough one but I absolutely love Cyclops Rock on Mink Car) Man, Its So Loud in Here def. Robot Parade (hmm so far Mink Car is winning...) Mr. Xcitement def. No! (this kind of surprises me but Mr.Xcitement just gets me more...excited than No!) Where Do They Make Balloons def. Another First Kiss (well DUH) Ive Got A Fang def. In The Middle (at first i was shocked that Fang made it on to Mink Car... but the production saved the song... its just such a great monster of a track) Hovering Sombrero def. Violin (I like the lyrics to Violin more than Hovering Sombrero, but overall Sombrero is a really nice more listenable song, though i like tmbg more when theyre being grotesque) Yeh Yeh def John Lee Supertaster (def. stands for defeats right? .. Both are swingin' grooves but.. hmm.. no no ok Yeh Yeh wins, its got so many cool parts to it "AWWWWWW!") The Edison Museum def. Hopeless Bleak Despair (way better lyrics, its just a cooler song to me... more the personality of TMBG i think...better melody than Hopeless) The House at the Top of the Tree def Drink! (this one was TOUGH...Maybe its cause House is still relatively new to me...but when Linnell sings "YOOOooooOOOoooOOO" I die. Flans' vocals on Drink! are kinda weird anyway... actually all his Mink Car vocals I have problems with... except Cyclops Rock) My Man def. Clap Your Hands (this was kind of tough too, but the bridge to My Man is so great...right now though im more in the mood for Clap Your Hands. Hey the Man in my Man COULDN'T clap his hands! CAUSE HE'S PARALYZED! WAHHHHAHAHA!!!) I Am Not Your Broom def. Older (well this is a weird one... two of their most "novelty" like songs with sparse arrangements up against each other...the music in Older is cooler, but I love the idea of an angry broom.) Mink Car def. Wake Up Call (I love Wake Up Call, but I was ultimately really impressed with Mink Car after more listenings..."Her smile is an open sign on an abandoned store" is great) Wicked Little Critta def. I Am A Grocery Bag (only cause its a longer song... I love Flans' tired odd vocal in Grocery Bag... And im still shocked Critta ended up on Mink Car, but it IS a groovin' song) Lazyhead and Sleepybones def. Finished With Lies (but no way in hell would it have defeated the OLD Finished with Lies...) Bed Bed Bed def. Edith Head (Why does Flans' vocal SUCK so much on this version? I will never understand what made him suck the life out of this song...I never thought this was one of their more interesting songs MUSICALLY but it at least had ENERGY and rocked, but then it didnt..... anyway Bed Bed Bed kicks ass ass ass) Sleepwalkers def. Working Undercover (Sleepwalkers is a beautiful beautiful song...Im kind of dissapointed in the break down though, cause it was more rocking live... but its so amazing anyway. I like Working Undercover but I think about Sleepwalkers a lot more in my daily routine) So lets see... Mink Car : 10 No! : 7 Interesting.. Maybe its all in the production. I love No!'s songs more than Mink Car's, but Mink Car just POPS OUT more than No! does....However I would still recommend No! to someone over Mink Car. Jordan [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: The results are in! (No! vs. Mink Car) Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:50:30 +0000 Message-ID: TMBG37: >Hey, I've got another idea! Maybe we could compare No! to Beethoven's 5th >Symphony! All you do is compare each track to each movement. Send in your >results! Beethoven's 5th has 17 movements? Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Jennifer Russell-Fenus" Subject: TMBG: TMBG-Park City gig Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:55:56 -0600 Message-ID: Just to let any interested parties know that I called Smith's Tix a few minutes ago to ask about tickets for the July 13th gig at Harry O's because I hadn't heard anything about the show & when they are on sale. Apparently, they are already on sale now and are $23.50 each(pre surcharge though I am sure), which means I need to high-tail it over there right now so I can be sure I get to go! Jen Madame TMBG Ambassador of Utah _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37290-22002621820751703@tmbg.cc> From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: No! vs. Beethoven's 5th Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:07:51 -0400 In the battle between No! and Beethoven's 5th Symphony, I'd have to say No! wins hands down in every track vs. movement scenario. I only say this because I'd much rather listen to No! than anything Ludwig did any day. This isn't to say that I don't value Beethoven or that I think TMBG are superior composers, it's just that my unrefined, uncouth tastes prefer the Johns and Dans over some exquisite dead guy. Shaun TMBG Citizen of Utah www.tmbg.cc ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #54-19 ******************************