Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #54-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 54, Number 23 Sunday, 23 June 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: DAS anthology Re: TMBG: TMBG Dial Up Anniversary Anthology Re: TMBG: DAS anthology Re: TMBG: DAS anthology Re: TMBG: DAS anthology TMBG: Save up to 70% on important prescription Drugs utd Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS anthology Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:13:26 +0000 Message-ID: Nicole Carlson: >On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > > > Track listing for Dial-A-Song: > > > Older > >Criminy, not Older AGAIN. I heard that the next album is going to consist of 20 different versions of "Older." > > > I Can Hear You > >They're kidding, right? I think it's been hinted at that the makers of this compilation wanted to include both the hits and the weirder stuff, which is why tracks like this made it. Personally, though, I might have included this song even if that wasn't what I was going for, partially because it's a good transitional song. >What I want to know is why they're promoting it as a DAS anthology. Or >did I misread the original? I don't know that they're actually promoting it as that, but the title certainly suggests it is one. Why they went with that title is a mystery, since it has nothing to do with DAS. >What about the REAL dial-a-song stuff? Where's Gettin' Sentimental Over >You? Well, it's on Then. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Dial Up Anniversary Anthology Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:21:40 +0000 Message-ID: Shaun: >Given the hard-core fans' reaction to the track list of the >anthology, which 52 songs would y'all want to see on the set? Hmmm...that depends on what I'm trying to do. Should it be a greatest hits compilation like the one that's actually being released, a collection of 52 songs that I, personally, would like on a compilation, or a compilation that I would actually BUY? I would probably include most, if not all, of the singles and otherwise well-known songs on the first one, but there would be several of those that probably wouldn't make the cut for the second (Hotel Detective, Istanbul, Your Racist Friend, Particle Man, Why Does The Sun Shine?, Snail Shell, Bangs, Man It's So Loud In Here, and Another First Kiss, possibly among others). The third would ideally be ALL unreleased material. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <8a.1a4bfb92.2a4606fa@aol.com> Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 12:59:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS anthology In a message dated 6/22/02 11:13:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > >What I want to know is why they're promoting it as a DAS anthology. Or > >did I misread the original? > > I don't know that they're actually promoting it as that, but the title > certainly suggests it is one. Why they went with that title is a mystery, > since it has nothing to do with DAS. i think that they sort of just wanted a title that had to do with TMBG and made them sound clever, or something. so they thought, "hey! these guys thought up this dial-a-song thing! let's go with that as our title! isn't that clever?" and never stopped to think that there was material on DaS that people would actually hope to get on a compilation album. agh. jessie. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <13d.1044772e.2a461865@aol.com> Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:13:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: DAS anthology In a message dated 6/22/2002 2:11:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kaylum@aol.com writes: > I'm still hopeful that some of my as-of-yet unreleased in decent audio > quality (either on Then or TMBG Unlimited) DAS recordings will someday see > the light of day. D'oh, I meant "some of my favorite" there, hehe Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #54-23 ******************************