Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #54-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 54, Number 26 Wednesday, 26 June 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Gigantic TMBG: Re: Gigantic TMBG: TMBG in Newsweek TMBG: Correction: that's not Laura Cantrell on "Words are Like" Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <74.1ece6ef0.2a497c59@aol.com> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:57:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: Gigantic Hey, guys, for those of you who aren't subscribed to the Gigantic yahoo group mailing list, I recently inquired about how we can help get the movie into theaters (meaning art house theaters, of course, not the local megaplex) and got the following response from the good mailing list folks: "To answer a recent question about contacting theaters -- You can definitely contact your local theater now to let them know that there is this film (Gigantic) that is selling out and getting great reviews on the festival circuit and you want them to bring it to your town when it starts playing theaters. If you want, give them the web address so that they can check us out. We've already had more than 20 inquiries from theaters across the nation and it's definitely good to let others know what's on the horizon." So get out there and spread the word :) Kay ------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: TMBG: Re: Gigantic Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:58:57 -0400 Message-ID: On a related note if you're one of those lucky souls who've seen the film could you please go to IMDB and vote on it, http://us.imdb.com/Details?0304081. I can't believe it doesn't have a single vote yet. I know the IMDB rating would be something that I'd use if I were to try and convince my local art house movie theater to show it. Take Care, Dan http://www.weblogs.org/ ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 3:57 AM Subject: TMBG: Gigantic > Hey, guys, for those of you who aren't subscribed to the Gigantic yahoo > group mailing list, I recently inquired about how we can help get the movie > into theaters (meaning art house theaters, of course, not the local megaplex) > and got the following response from the good mailing list folks: > > > "To answer a recent question about contacting theaters -- You can > definitely contact your local theater now to let them know that there > is this film (Gigantic) that is selling out and getting great reviews > on the festival circuit and you want them to bring it to your town > when it starts playing theaters. If you want, give them the web > address so that they can check us out. We've already had more than 20 > inquiries from theaters across the nation and it's definitely good to > let others know what's on the horizon." > > So get out there and spread the word :) > > Kay > ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <16f.f9f8624.2a4a46c4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:20:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Newsweek Dig it! In the "Periscope" section! cool! DRW ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1025070436.3d195564ae851@webmail3.namezero.com> Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:47:16 -0400 From: Bryce Subject: TMBG: Correction: that's not Laura Cantrell on "Words are Like" A while back, I said that it was Laura Cantrell who sang the female vocal part on Words are Like. I believed this without knowing where I learned it. I've since found out from Ms. Cantrell herself that it's not true. So yeah, it's probably Robin. Sorry for the confusion. You may now begin addressing me as "dolt." Bryce I was wrong. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #54-26 ******************************