Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 14 Tuesday, 16 July 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: July 12, 2000 concert in Denver, Colorado Re: TMBG: July 12, 2000 concert in Denver, Colorado RE: NON-TMBG: I need your help... RE: NON-TMBG: I need your help... TMBG: Flansburgh and my gameboy advance Re: TMBG: new album? TMBG: DRAYCO.COM Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3D32E152.A61012D4@st.com> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:50:58 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: July 12, 2000 concert in Denver, Colorado They Might Be in Denver, Colorado! Hi! TMBG Video-Archivist-Fan Russ here! It was my birthday, and what better way to end the day than a concert from one of my favorite bands? The Johns and Dans were in good form, and I took my daughter Julie with me for her first TMBG concert (she really likes the new album No!, and wants a No! t-shirt). Lowlights: (1) I was disappointed because they played almost nothing from the Mink Car album :( I don't really count Cyclops Rock and Older. I know that this is the No! tour, but the Mink Car tour bypassed Colorado entirely. IMHO, Mink Car is their greatest masterpiece so far. They aren't embarassed by it, are they? (2) Despite supporting the new album "for the whole family", Flans was as free as usual with the F-word. Since they took the stage last (after 9:45 PM), perhaps they felt that all the children were fast asleep already. Highlights: (1) They did the seldom seen "spin the dial" feature, where they try to play along to random music on the radio. (2) The first time I saw "Fingertips" performed live. In fact, they played lots of Apollo 18 songs. (3) The confetti cannon on James K Polk. (I told my daughter about this in advance, so she was expecting it.) (4) They played "Your Mom's Alright" on the PA system after the concert was over. I wonder how many people there knew that it was a TMBG song? PLAYLIST: Clap Your Hands James K. Polk Cyclops Rock 4 of 2 John Lee Supertaster Fingertips She's Actual Size (w/Dan Hickey drum solos by request) I Palendrome I Boss Of Me "spin the dial" Older Particle Man (reggae version) Ana Ng The Guitar No One Knows My Plan Drink Dr. Worm ENCORE #1 Robot Parade Bed, Bed, Bed Birdhouse In Your Soul ENCORE #2 Istanbul Not Constantinople (Dan Miller solo) How Can I Sing Like A Girl They didn't mention anything about selling a CD at the show, but since the festival spanned about four city blocks, I may have missed seeing their booth. Since the Park City, UT was the day after the Denver concert, were these CDs sold anywhere else? And they played "Man it's so loud in here" in Utah? I love the Mink Car version! AFAIK they were not signing autographs, either. Never have in CO. Anyone want to trade a CD-R for the Denver concert? I also want the recent Saturday morning TV appearance, and the recent free concerts from back on the East coast. Oh, at one point in the concert, Linnell held up his hand, and said that they were wearing silver bracelets in support?/solidarity? with the "silver surfer". I was totally clueless, but did a search, and he's apparently a comic-book character. But why does he need the support of TMBG? Being the compulsive bootlegger that I am, I videotaped the entire show. Contact me if you want to get a copy. I know that some of you have recorded some of the recent instores and free concerts, and like to trade! I also missed TMBG's recent Saturday morning TV appearance. I got some pictures from the concert posted on my web page. Check it totally out at: http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah/tmbgl02.htm I figure I can fill the rest of a two-hour tape with some recent TV appearances, and the Boss of Me video. Or maybe I can fit it on a video-CD. Oh and about those two non-fake persons, Ryan and Jacob ... has anybody apostasized from the Cult of Johns and joined their new church yet? I'll bet they aren't even a Rhythm Section Want Ad. ;) ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1026746802.3d32e9b2c76c1@webmail2.namezero.com> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:26:42 -0400 From: Bryce Subject: Re: TMBG: July 12, 2000 concert in Denver, Colorado Russ Josephson: > (1) I was disappointed because they played almost nothing from > the Mink Car album :( I don't really count Cyclops Rock and > Older. Older may be questionable, but Cyclops Rock is absolutely a Mink Car song. Why wouldn't it count? > Oh, at one point in the concert, Linnell held up his hand, and > said that they were wearing silver bracelets in support?/solidarity? > with the "silver surfer". I was totally clueless, but did a search, > and he's apparently a comic-book character. But why does he need > the support of TMBG? The Power Cosmic he possesses must be derived from them somehow. I always knew they were powerful forces of the universe. Bryce And the silver chauffeur says that it's all in your head. ------------------------------ Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: I need your help... Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:47:15 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Hey, I'm not a "fake"... I prefer to think of myself as a Human Zirconia, a Cultured Pearl of Wisdom, the Pasturized Processed Cheese Food Spread that the universe squirts onto its fat-free, low-sodium Ritz (tm) brand cracker. Anyway, I wish they would address my one big q: Which is worse, being fake, or being full of shit? Hmm, pointless sheep, or Vulcan sociopath, decisions, decisions... Thanks to Christine, wherever you are, *who*ever you are (...umm, sushiesque...?!?), for the extremely elucidating & entertaining link: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/7/3/111212/6398. I love the internet - - - Karin H just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20020715170110.02660110@stout.hampshire.edu> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:05:27 -0400 From: "Christine Fernsebner Eslao } sushiesque." Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: I need your help... >Thanks to Christine, wherever you are, *who*ever you are (...umm, >sushiesque...?!?), for the extremely elucidating & entertaining >link: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/7/3/111212/6398. > >I love the internet - - - You're welcome. I'm considering creating a web page that could be found using the same search terms as Ryan & Jacob's, with a link to that article, or maybe just the word SUCKER in large type. Christine Fernsebner Eslao } cfe98@hampshire.edu } http://www.zole.org/sushiesque } There's more to life than books, you know (but not much more) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20020715170536.0265a520@stout.hampshire.edu> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:08:27 -0400 From: "Christine Fernsebner Eslao } sushiesque." Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh and my gameboy advance I finally got around to scanning my Flansburgh-autographed gameboy advance. Probably nowhere near the weirdest thing he's been asked to sign... http://www.zole.org/sushiesque/look.php Christine Fernsebner Eslao } cfe98@hampshire.edu } http://www.zole.org/sushiesque } "I look good with a ukelele." Stephin Merritt ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <14c.10dc709f.2a64a412@aol.com> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:17:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: new album? In a message dated 7/15/02 12:04:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lucas.g.thompson@vanderbilt.edu writes: > :-/ Personally, I feel that the female vocals make the song. i wouldn't go that far, but i do like them. they're very...odd. in a good sort of way. jessie. the first time i wrote this email, i definitely sent it to tmbg-spirit@tmbg.org. yes, i know, i AM losing my mind. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Dear Sir/madam DRAYCO.COM - $550 Please note that after years, the registration on the domain name DRAYCO.COM was not renewed and this domain had become available to register. Consequently, we have been approached to market this domain name that has been tracked and registered by a client. As a result,DRAYCO.COM is now available from us for IMMEDIATE transfer. With so many companies that could benefit from this domain, along with what many would consider to be a "wholesale price", we hope to secure a quick transfer. Please note that the domain name market is extremely solid at the moment and similar domains are currently selling on afternic.com, greatdomains.com (domain auction sites) and by domain name brokers, in some cases, for many thousands of US dollars. Please note that transfers take just 15 minutes and are extremely straightforward - absolutely NO technical knowledge required! For our client's peace of mind, we use an escrow service for all transactions and domains are ALWAYS secured by the buyer prior to us receiving any funds. We pay all fees connected with the escrow process. If you would like to use Www.DRAYCO.COM for your online business, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We will be on hand should you require any further assistance or information. We thank you for your attention and sincerely apologise if this e-mail has not been of interest to you. Yours sincerely, mo Sales p-z.com Please note: THIS IS A ONE-OFF APPROACH AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AGAIN UNLESS YOU REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION FROM US. YOU HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE THIS MAIL AND IF THIS E-MAIL IS OF NO RELEVANCE TO YOUR OPERATION, PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES SINCE IT HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU IN ERROR. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-14 ******************************