Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 15 Wednesday, 17 July 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ TMBG: Casual wear,Working gloves,Socks and scarfs,Hat and caps RE: TMBG: DRAYCO.COM Re: TMBG: Levels Re: TMBG: Levels RE: TMBG: Levels Re: TMBG: Levels Re: TMBG: Levels Re: TMBG: Levels Re: TMBG: Levels TMBG: Casual wear,Working gloves,Socks and scarfs,Hat and caps Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <200207160715.g6G7F0j27519@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200207161226.FAA22639@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "SINO CONCORD INT'L ENTERPRISES LTD." Subject: TMBG: Casual wear,Working gloves,Socks and scarfs,Hat and caps Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:06:36 +0800 Sino concord int'l enterprises ltd.

Brief Introduction Sino Concord Int'l enterprises ltd. is an import -export agency and manufactory, we have branch in H.K. Macau and also have an office in Zhuhai city the manufactory in Zhongshan, same province in Guangdong province. China.

Our business entered China since 1988, had introduce and bring textile garment ,and accessory fabric an fashion to world, and also provided with many clients in global market .We can supply you best price ,best quality in a different type & material accessory.

Our products made by excellent craftsmanship and perfect management systems. The products are well and widely sold more than ten countries and enjoying good reputations. We always follow to the principles of the "first class quality and prestige service to our customers is above all. In the meantime, if you need inquiry order details, please to visit our web address.

. Casual wear:  cotton,fleece,T/C, silk#~cotton Lenin, wool#~taslon.

. Working gloves: cotton, PVC, nylon, leather, rubber#~Amara, taslon.

. Socks and scarfs: cotton, acrylic, nylon, spandex, wool.

. Hat and caps: cotton, T/C, PVC.

SINO CONCORD INT'L ENTERPRISES LTD. ©2000 all rights reserved
TEL NO: +86-0756-8188779
FAX NO:
+86-0756-8188775
http: www.sino-c.com Email: si1581@trade-net.kyed.com
ADD: 9-203,YueHai International Garden,GuoFang Road,GONGBEI, ZHUHAI CITY, GUANGDONG, CHINA
------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: DRAYCO.COM Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:57:49 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Oooh, Oooh, Oooh - - - I get dibs on drayco.com!!!! I called dibs first, I beat you, I beat you, nyaana nyaana nyaa nyaa..... Karin H (umm, exactly what the hell *is* drayco.com, anyway...?) > -----Original Message----- > From: pz [mailto:mo@p-z.com] > Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 9:22 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: DRAYCO.COM > > > Dear Sir/madam > > DRAYCO.COM - $550 > > Please note that after years, the registration on the domain > name DRAYCO.COM was not renewed and this domain had become > available to register. > > Consequently, we have been approached to market this domain > name that has been tracked and registered by a client. As a > result,DRAYCO.COM is now available from us for IMMEDIATE transfer. > > With so many companies that could benefit from this domain, > along with what many would consider to be a "wholesale > price", we hope to secure a quick transfer. > > Please note that the domain name market is extremely solid at > the moment and similar domains are currently selling on > afternic.com, greatdomains.com (domain auction sites) and by > domain name brokers, in some > cases, for many thousands of US dollars. > > Please note that transfers take just 15 minutes and are extremely > straightforward - absolutely NO technical knowledge required! > > For our client's peace of mind, we use an escrow service for > all transactions and domains are ALWAYS secured by the buyer > prior to us receiving any funds. We pay all fees connected > with the escrow process. > > If you would like to use Www.DRAYCO.COM for your online > business, please contact us at your earliest convenience. We > will be on hand should you require any further assistance or > information. > > We thank you for your attention and sincerely apologise if > this e-mail has not been of interest to you. > > > Yours sincerely, > > > mo > Sales > p-z.com > > Please note: > > THIS IS A ONE-OFF APPROACH AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED > AGAIN UNLESS YOU REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION FROM US. YOU > HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE > THIS MAIL AND IF THIS E-MAIL IS OF NO RELEVANCE TO > YOUR OPERATION, PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES SINCE IT HAS BEEN > SENT TO YOU IN ERROR. > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1026839723.3d3454ab587bd@65.57.231.100> Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:15:23 -0400 From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: Re: TMBG: Levels Shaun: >This is a far better system of levels because we are not all at differing >levels of the same kind of fandom. I'd say, though that there are >differing >degrees to which a person can display the attributes of each type of >obsession. I'm definitely a "collector", but not to degree that my Madame >Ambassador is. I am also a "concert fan", but my limited means usually >prohibit me from traveling too far to see them (though I drove down to Las >Vegas with some friends of mine in '99 and that was the coolest concert >experience I've ever had--woo woo!). I think there's definitely going to be some overlap, and most people here probably fit into more than one category. >Perhaps you could get "points" for how far into each category you fit, and >then >you can add up the points for a grand total that represents your overall >fanaticism. Might be a good idea. >Other categories could include: > >Archiver: Collects every song, etc. (album, single/b-side, DAS >online/analog, >concert bootleg, radio appearance, TV appearance, in-store appearance, >newspaper/magazine articles/photos, etc.) and has them archived on tape, >digitally, and online and trades with fellow archivers to increase their >collection. Different from Song Collector because they will probably still >own >everything, regardless of redundancy. > >Extra-Band Enthusiast: TMBG concert experiences for them are so euphoric >that >they become rabid fans of even the opening acts and begin collecting all of >their material too. Also, they own all of Laura Cantrell's stuff because >of >her appearance on "The Guitar" and have become avid fans of hers and Nick >Hill's radio shows merely based on their guest vocal contributions. These >same >people probably became fans of Malcom in the Middle and the Daily Show >originally because TMBG did the theme music (which doesn't mean they don't >appreciate the shows now on the shows' own merits). A few more possibilities: Trivia Buff: Knows every minor detail about the band, and shares them on all possible occasions. There would be some subsets here, based on what kind of trivia the person "specializes" in (quotes, dates, recording equipment, Johns' life stories, etc.). Analyst: Wants to know the meanings of and the inspirations for the songs. Will post song interpretations to the list/newsgroup, and keep track of everything the Johns have said about the songs. >Plus, I think you should get extra points for having any TMBG tatoos, >especially if you have one or both Johns sign a part of your body in ink so >that a tatoo artist can later permanently fill it in. Hmm, maybe there should be an "overly obsessed" category. >----- Original Message ----- >From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff > > > Maybe there should be exceptions made for people who can't call >Dial-A-Song > > without paying overseas charges. I think there are different types of > > obsession anyway, though. Just for a few examples: > > > > Collector: Buys every TMBG item that comes out, including CD singles, > > samplers, promos, and reissues of things that were already released. > > Sometimes willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money for these things. > > Collecting can go beyond the music, and into clothing, magazines, etc. > > > > Song Collector: Not as much into the stuff as the songs. Still buys a >lot > > of TMBG items, but will usually hold off on stuff that doesn't have any >new > > songs. Will call Dial-A-Song and download stuff. Has the goal of >hearing > > every single song the band has ever played. > > > > John Enthusiast: Likes the music, but REALLY likes the people making it. > > Finds out as much as he or she can about their lives, likes and >dislikes, > > etc. Tries to meet the Johns as many times as possible, and probably >annoys > > them. Often will have a crush on one or both Johns. > > > > Band Enthusiast: Sort of like the last category, but throws non-John >band > > members into the mix. Knows all about each Dan, and talks about their > > contributions to the band. Knows exactly how the band's sound changes >with > > each change in members. Knows what happened to all of the former >players. > > > > Concert Fan: Loves the concerts, and goes to as many as possible, even >if it > > means a lot of travel. Will generally own all the albums, but they >aren't > > as important as the live show. > > > > Old School: Will buy most new TMBG releases and attend concerts, but >will > > constantly complain about how they aren't as good as they used to be. > > > > Any other ideas? -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20020716122123.009f6300@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:22:56 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: Levels > >Plus, I think you should get extra points for having any TMBG tatoos, > >especially if you have one or both Johns sign a part of your body in ink so > >that a tatoo artist can later permanently fill it in. They refuse to do this. TDK has tried to get them to on several occasions. Flans also refused someone wanting him to sign his stomach after the Boston show in May. Quinn {http://www.angelfire.com/tx/quinncorner/index.html} "The healing doesn't stop the feeling." ~They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Levels Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:21:38 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Shaun (I think it was Shaun, that last re: got a little convoluted...) sez: > Hmm, maybe there should be an "overly obsessed" category. Actually, I had just been wondering if we'd end up with a category for "Obsessive-Compulsive Stalker". Wouldn't the ultimate memorabilia trophy be your very own, *autographed* restraining order ?!!? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1026853944.3d348c381efec@65.57.231.100> Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:12:24 -0400 From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: Re: TMBG: Levels > Shaun (I think it was Shaun, that last re: got a little convoluted...) sez: Yeah, it did. That was actually the brilliant work of Mr. Nathan Mulac DeHoff. Anyway, I think better than an autographed restraining order would be a black eye from either one of the Johns. Shaun www.tmbg.cc TMBG Citizen of Utah ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:09:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Levels In a message dated 7/16/02 2:19:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes: > Wouldn't the ultimate memorabilia trophy be your very own, *autographed* > restraining order ?!!? and i know that the restraining order wasn't meant to be.... um, anyway. i don't think that many people will fit into one specific category. i know that i definitely don't. the adding up points from each sounds good, though. jessie. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <18c.ad13282.2a661af9@aol.com> Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:57:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Levels In a message dated 7/16/02 8:48:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, selfcallednowhere@houston.rr.com writes: > It's "wasn't meant to hurt." (Not to get bitchy, that's just my fav line > from the song, one of my fav lines from *any* song actually.) ahh! shiite! you're right! that's horrible. this is what happens when that song isn't on a cd that i listen to a lot. jessie. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (windows-1251)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-15 ******************************