Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 22 Wednesday, 24 July 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: AFK Thoughts TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss TMBG: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 TMBG: Re: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 Re: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss Re: TMBG: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 Re: TMBG: Re: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 TMBG: They Got Lost TMBG: HONGHAO Elec.Mfg.Co--produce over1,200,000sets of Fancy Electric TMBG: BEST HOME THEATER LOUDSPEAKER Producer--offer Best Price Re:TMBG: They Got Lost Re: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss Re: TMBG: Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:43:04 +1000 TMBG: Another First Kiss Re: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss TMBG: they got lost Re: TMBG: they got lost FW: TMBG: they got lost RE: TMBG: they got lost Re: TMBG: they got lost TMBG: knife-high quality & modern design & competitive price RE: TMBG: they got lost RE: TMBG: they got lost RE: TMBG: they got lost Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: AFK Thoughts Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:08:30 -0400 I always viewed AFK as JF/TMBG trying to write a "mainstream" love song. I always thought that Pet Name was another example of this. There are one or two others but I can't think of them offhand. I love PN (especially the funky guitar work right before the "waiting at the bus stop..." chorus) but I don't like AFK. I do not like it, Sam I am. There are about 6 TMBG songs (out of what like a 1000?!?) I don't like. I still can listen to them but I don't necessarily like them. which, by far and away, MAKES TMBG THE GREATES GROUP EVER! There. It has been said. I'll go rest now. ;-) Erik ------------------------------ From: Fred Boak Message-Id: <200207231331.JAA15810@wordstock.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:31:02 -0400 (edt) Organization: WordStock, Inc. Pardon my ignorance, but is there actually a single for this song? I've done a few searches on the net and haven't spotted it, yet. If there is one, how does one order such a thing? And as for the discussion of the song's merits, it seems very similar to what was on this list when the disco "She Was a Hotel Detective" was released. I'm going to have to go back to "Mink Car" and listen to "Another First Kiss" again, I guess - I certainly didn't have the level of distain for it that some of you seem to ... - Fred. 40 and almost happy about it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20020723144520.68594.qmail@web13406.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:45:20 -0700 (PDT) From: Franny Subject: TMBG: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 Hi. Franny here. I don't know if I know any of you from the old days in the chat room, but I've never posted to this list. So the only thing I'm going to say about the Seattle Paramount show is this: Flansy said they had a "truckload of CDs...that's not just a euphamism...we actually have a truck full of stuff we have to sell" but then by the time Flansy Autograph Hour was over, the TMBG CDs were gone. I guess maybe they'll sell the extras on the web when the tour is over. Franny: "Dan Hickey! Dan Hickey!" (waving with both hands) Dan Hickey: mockingly waves back with both hands for a few minutes then gets his setlist and hands it to me. sweet guy. Here it is: http://www.geocities.com/sulkygirl69/TMBG/hickeysetlist.jpg If anyone can figure out what "KRICKT" or "COCKTAIL AM" are, I'd be happy to know!! Franny ===== ______________________________________________ Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being. EC __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better http://health.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1027437557.3d3d73f5112c0@webmail.namezero.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:19:17 -0400 From: Bryce Subject: TMBG: Re: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 Franny : > If anyone can figure out what "KRICKT" or "COCKTAIL > AM" are, I'd be happy to know!! Space Krickets is this background music that plays over the sound system, sometimes used as an intro but lately they've been using it to cover the Dans' exodus and drum machine setup for Man, It's So Loud in Here. "Cocktail AM" is a new one to me. Was it some instrumental thing? I'd also like to know if those numbers strewn about the page have any meaning. Bryce Garcon, summon 'em a new cocktail. ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:39:14 +0000 Message-ID: Fred Boak: >Pardon my ignorance, but is there actually a single for this >song? I've done a few searches on the net and haven't spotted >it, yet. If there is one, how does one order such a thing? I think there is one, but just because there's a single doesn't mean it's for sale. It might be for promotional use only. Lyndy, who lives in Australia, mentioned that she was thinking of buying the single, however, so maybe there is a commercial one down under, if nowhere else. >And as for the discussion of the song's merits, it seems very >similar to what was on this list when the disco "She Was a >Hotel Detective" was released. You mean there were people who DIDN'T like that song? I am shocked. (Well, okay, not really, but I LOVE that song, and I've never seen any mention not liking it.) -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:42:28 +0000 Message-ID: Franny: >If anyone can figure out what "KRICKT" or "COCKTAIL >AM" are, I'd be happy to know!! KRICKIT is probably "Space Krickets," which is basically just cricket chirps with a "spacey"-sounding background. They often use this recording as an introduction. I'm not sure about the other, but it's probably an instrumental interlude. Did they play anything that sounded like cocktail lounge music? -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1027444028.3d3d8d3c6ef5a@65.57.231.100> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:07:08 -0400 From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Seattle Paramount show 7/20 From: Bryce : "Cocktail AM" is a new one to me. Was it some instrumental thing? I'd also : like to know if those numbers strewn about the page have any meaning. Seeing how it's Hickey's setlist, I think I have an idea. Someone else, either here or on the ng, mentioned that the numbers next to the songs are the number of beats per minute for songs that use the drum machine. I don't know if that means Hickey plays along with the drum machine or if it means that's what he's got to do to sound like it. Shaun www.tmbg.cc TMBG Citizen of Utah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20020723135151.01166238@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:55:12 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: TMBG: They Got Lost So how come I haven't heard a peep on the list about the new rarities/b-sides comp, 'They Got Lost', that they're selling on the tour and on the website (http://store.yahoo.com/tmbg-catalog/theygotlost.html)? I expect better from you people! Unless I just haven't been paying attention. Jeff -- "I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." -They Might Be Giants Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200207231802.LAA10120@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Honghao Elec.Mfg.Co.Ltd." Subject: TMBG: HONGHAO Elec.Mfg.Co--produce over1,200,000sets of Fancy Electric Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:52:25 +0800 index.gif
!! !!

Honghao Elec.Mfg.Co.Ltd. is specialized in making electric household appliances.such as electric cooking plate , electric fan heater and electric grill .and year capbility over 1,200,000 sets.all our products are exported .the most products were exported to europe,south American, canada ,korea ,middle-east etc.
Welcome you to our homepage:www.globalsources.com/honghao.co
to know more message.

ADD:The east of zhongxing road,Guzhen Town,Zhongshan528421,Guangdong,China.
TEL:86-760-2349289 , 86-760-2355882
FAX: 86-760-2355886
EMAIL: hh1758@trade-net.kyed.com
HOMEPAGE: www.globalsources.com/honghao.co

!!
------------------------------ Message-Id: <200207231809.LAA10129@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Shenzhen Huizhi Electronic Co.,Ltd" Subject: TMBG: BEST HOME THEATER LOUDSPEAKER Producer--offer Best Price Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:47:42 +0800 SHENZHEN HUIZHI ELECTRICIRY CO.,LTD
Item: A512
Speakers: 5.25"+3"*5
Frequency Response: 55Hz-20KHz
Ratio S/N : >70dB
Output rafing(RMS) : 100Watts
Weight: 13.5Kg
Power : -220V
Color : Red/Black
Woofer Size (W*H*D): 220*300*280MM
Satellite Size (W*H*D): 120*140*120MM
  Item: B103
Output Power : 50W RMS
Frequency response: 30Hz-20KHz
Separation : >50dB
Speakers : 2.5" x 5+5.25"
Control : Volume,Bass,Center,Rear
Input Jack : RCA x 6
Power: -220V/110V
Production Size: (LxDxH)
Woofer : 323 x 165 x 247mm
Satellite: 102 x 78 x 109mm
Color: Silver
Item : B102
Output Power : 32W RMS
Frequency response: 35Hz-18KHz
Ratio S/N : >65dB
Speakers : 3" X2+5.25"
Control : Volume,Bass,
Input Jack : 3.5mm Stereo
Power: -220V/110V
Woofer : 290 x 170 x 240mm
Satellite: 100 x 100 x 135mm
Color:computer white, black, silver

Item: A615
Speaker: 6.5"+4"*5
Frequency Response: 45Hz-20KHz
Output rafing(RMS) : 120Watts
Weight: 16.5Kg
Power : -220V
Color : Silver
Woofer Size (W*H*D) : 226*320*320MM
Satellite Size (W*H*D) : 140*140*140MM
Item: B101
Output Power : 28W RMS
Frequency response: 35Hz-18KHz
Ratio S/N : >65dB
Speakers : 3" x 2+4"
Control : Volume,Bass,Treble
Input Jack : 3.5mm Stereo Power: -220V/110V
Woofer : 255 x 150 x 210mm
Satellite: 75 x 35 x 220mm
Color: Silver
Item : FA2012
Speakers : 12"+1"
Frequency response : 52Hz-20KHz
Sound pressure : 95dB
Power rating(RMS): 200Watts
Impedance : 8 Ohms
Crossover frequency : 2.5KHz
Weight : 21.2kg
Size (W*H*D) : 400*575*375MM
------------------------------ Message-ID: <1027448685.3d3d9f6d20e36@65.57.231.100> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:24:45 -0400 From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: Re:TMBG: They Got Lost >So how come I haven't heard a peep on the list about the new >rarities/b-sides comp, 'They Got Lost', that they're selling on the tour >and on the website (http://store.yahoo.com/tmbg-catalog/theygotlost.html)? >I expect better from you people! > >Unless I just haven't been paying attention. I mentioned it in my review of the 7/13 Park City show where I purchased the CD (and got it autrographed by Flans--nya nya!). I even posted the tracklist. Others have even replied and spoken of it. You do need to pay better attention. :) Of course, it's not like my subject line mentioned the CD in it, so I guess you may not have any interest in the concert review and just skipped it. I do that occasionally. One thing I didn't mention in the review: They actually stopped between songs to mention the CD and Dan Miller did his impression of the Price Is Right models, holding the CD, smiling, and doing that thing where the hand moves up one side of the CD and down the other. He seemed to be enjoying the whole thing a little too much. Shaun www.tmbg.cc TMBG Citizen ofUtah ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:29:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss I think there is one, but just because there's a single doesn't mean it's for sale. It might be for promotional use only. Lyndy, who lives in Australia, mentioned that she was thinking of buying the single, however, so maybe there is a commercial one down under, if nowhere else. Yeah, there is a single track radio promo (I picked one up off of ebay). That's the only CD I know of. It does have some pretty cool cover art, which I'll scan at some point for the world to see. PR Mega [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:57:33 -0600 (MDT) From: refund@nmt.edu Subject: TMBG: Another First Kiss Message-ID: I'be been silent for a while now, but I figured it's time to toss my two cents in (ok, maybe significantly less than that - we'll see). No, this song isn't like any of their others. No, it might not be the best introductory song they have because of its uniqueness among their repetoire. I do, however, very much enjoy this song. You call it pop, I call it heartfelt and even pretty. I enjoy the first version just fine, but it is the latter - the Mink Car version - that really stands out in my mind. I really enjoy this song. Maybe I'm odd, but... Well... Uhm. I've derailed my train of thought. Ah well. Signed, Nicholas Wolf TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Another First Kiss Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:14:21 +0000 Message-ID: Jennifer: >>>And as for the discussion of the song's merits, it seems very >>>similar to what was on this list when the disco "She Was a >>>Hotel Detective" was released. >> >>You mean there were people who DIDN'T like that song? I am shocked. >>(Well, okay, not really, but I LOVE that song, and I've never seen any >>mention not liking it.) > > >I actually like the disco version of She Was A Hotel Detective much better >than the original version. I find myself listening to that version on >perpetual replay (well, for several hours at a time anyway) I don't really know that you can call it a different version of the song, since the only thing it seems to have in common with the pink album song is the same title, sans parentheses. For what it's worth, though, I love "She Was A Hotel Detective," and I don't think all that much of "(She Was A) Hotel Detective" (it's not really bad, but it should NEVER have been a single). -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <4a.ed26112.2a6f815e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:04:46 EDT Subject: TMBG: they got lost anyone else find it funny that They Got Lost isn't on They Got Lost? ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: they got lost Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 04:18:05 +0000 Message-ID: Gegatron: >anyone else find it funny that They Got Lost isn't on They Got Lost? "They Might Be Giants" isn't on They Might Be Giants, either. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "augiewan" Subject: FW: TMBG: they got lost Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:46:01 -0400 Message-ID: Funny, yes... Disappointing, very... Augie "would love a studio quality cut of the slow version" Wan -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Gegatron@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 12:05 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: they got lost anyone else find it funny that They Got Lost isn't on They Got Lost? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:48:35 -0500 From: Lucas Thompson Subject: RE: TMBG: they got lost Message-ID: <3D3E32DC@webgate1.mail.vanderbilt.edu> >===== Original Message From Gegatron@aol.com ===== >anyone else find it funny that They Got Lost isn't on They Got Lost? It is. Track 11. At least according to the website. -Lucas Thompson ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20020724005006.01b94e20@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:51:11 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: they got lost Except it appears to be track 11. TRACK LISTING ... 10. Empty Bottle Blues 11. They Got Lost 12. Reprehensible 13. Rat Patrol ... At 12:04 AM 7/24/2002 -0400, you wrote: >anyone else find it funny that They Got Lost isn't on They Got Lost? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200207240450.VAA10748@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: =?Big5?B?wvnFUbnqt362fbVvprOtraS9pXE=?= Subject: TMBG: knife-high quality & modern design & competitive price Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:12:39 +0800 Untitled Document

WACOKU is a professional manufacturer group of knives in Taiwan for many years, in the meanwhile, we had various success experience so far thus we had the strong confidence our knife for its high quality & modern design & competitive price must to offer you the best selection. The most importand point is, WACOKU takes 100% responsibility on you if everything you had.

Furthermore, we WACOKU also have perfect & success experience of OEM Knife w/good reputation, if you have any new design & idea kindly please feel free to offer us in detail. Here we are very willing to serve you.

Final, Wacoku looks forward to your support & relationship with the best regard. Anyway, if there is anything we can do for you kindly please do not hesitate to let us know. We are always at your side to serve you at anywhere, anytime.

PLEASE CONTACT WITH WACOKU IMMEDIATELY.
DON'T LET THE CHANCE GO AWAY!!!

!@   !@
E-mail: tw1644_t@trade-net.dns2go.com , tw1644_t@trade-net.dns2go.com
Tel: 886-6-5982133
Fax: 886-6-5982148 , 886-6-5970840
Address: NO. 168-13 CHYUAN-SHING LII, SHIN-HUAH, TAINAN, TAIWAN
!@ !@ !@

------------------------------ From: "augiewan" Subject: RE: TMBG: they got lost Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:55:42 -0400 Message-ID: Well, very cool... :) I just ordered my copy with the names shirt tonight. Anyone know which version it is on the CD? Fast/Slow? Augie "hoping for slow" Wan -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Jeff Roberts Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 12:51 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: they got lost Except it appears to be track 11. TRACK LISTING .. 10. Empty Bottle Blues 11. They Got Lost 12. Reprehensible 13. Rat Patrol .. At 12:04 AM 7/24/2002 -0400, you wrote: >anyone else find it funny that They Got Lost isn't on They Got Lost? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1027486688.3d3e33e03056a@65.57.231.100> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:58:08 -0400 From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: RE: TMBG: they got lost They Got Lost on They Got Lost is in fact Track 11 in the very slow tradition of LTW. Shaun www.tmbg.cc TMBG Citizen of I Forget Where ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: RE: TMBG: they got lost Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 05:56:09 +0000 Message-ID: AugieWan: >Well, very cool... :) I just ordered my copy with the names shirt >tonight. Anyone know which version it is on the CD? Fast/Slow? The slow one that's on Long Tall Weekend, I would imagine. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-22 ******************************