Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 26 Sunday, 28 July 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: (SWA)HD vs SWAHD TMBG: Re: (SWA)HD vs SWAHD Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: (SWA)HD vs SWAHD Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:45:41 -0400 I accidentally deleted the post about the She was a Hotel Detective comments and the Back to Skull CD but I did want to respond. BTS is a great. I do like the SWAHD version better (Let's see that makes 1103.5 votes for the newer version and 1103.25 for the older version. As they say in Florida - Vote Early. Vote Often!). I saw TMBG perform the newer version a few years ago at the Troc in Philadelphia and it was one of the best songs I ever saw them do live. I am almost definite I read somewhere JF confirming that he received alot of flack for the falsetto voice he used when signing SWAHD live and that it was the inspiration for HCISLAG. I also believed he said the criticism was why they took it off the setlist so quickly. It surprised me because I never thought J&J would let criticism of their work influence them. I take flack from some of my friends for just listening to them. I have to imagine they receive alot of flack from people for writing/performing their music, especially from people whose musical tastes are, IMHO, a bit "limited" and are critical of anything "different". Erik ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001c01c235e6$d6c1cad0$658d570c@fireline> From: "john m" Subject: TMBG: Re: (SWA)HD vs SWAHD Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:26:41 -0400 > ...that makes 1103.5 votes for the newer version and 1103.25 for the older version. You'll have to edit that. I vote for the original. -john ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-26 ******************************