Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 27 Monday, 29 July 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: The Johns and Criticism (was Re: (SWA)HD vs SWAHD) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 15:35:34 -0400 Subject: TMBG: The Johns and Criticism (was Re: (SWA)HD vs SWAHD) From: the hanged man Message-ID: on 7/27/02 9:45 AM, Erik J. Chuss wrote: > I also believed he said the criticism was > why they took it off the setlist so quickly. It surprised me because I > never thought J&J would let criticism of their work influence them. I take > flack from some of my friends for just listening to them. I have to > imagine they receive alot of flack from people for writing/performing their > music, especially from people whose musical tastes are, IMHO, a bit > "limited" and are critical of anything "different". I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened. After all, there was that incident where the TV people pulled the plug on Kiss Me, Son of God, and recently (when they toured with OKGO), I've heard that they "officially" don't do that song anymore. Anyone know better than me on this? -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 TA Ga Tech Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-27 ******************************