Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 5 Friday, 5 July 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Atlanta Review? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta Review? Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:37:03 -0400 Message-ID: I was there and was pleasantly suprised since I thought it would be horrible. Not the band, the atmosphere. It was very weird having two big events right next to each other, the other being the 99X thing. It was also nice to have opening bands that didn't suck. Stereoblis was mediocre and Superdrag, who I was kind of excited about since I really really like "Who Sucked Out the Feeling," got kind of boring, but Lake Trout was damn cool. This was my fourth show, and I'm starting to understand a lot of people's cynicism about TMBG shows. I used to roll my eyes when I read comments about hearing songs and bits too much, but I really am starting to get bored. The new songs were great, especially "Clap Your Hands." I got to hear Subliminal and Palindrome finally, which they've been playing at almost every show except the ones I've been at. I would say that a huge free show is just not the greatest venue for them. Flans seemed to eat up the attention, but on the bad side we really couldn't hear a lot of what he said, and typically his off-the-cuff remarks, and even his well-practiced night-after-night remarks, are so funny that they nearly overshadow the music. I was almost in tears once in Asheville when he was explaining that OKGO couldn't make it because they turned out to be narcs. I took three girls who are new fans, first concert, though, and they can't stop talking about it, so the magic must be there no matter where they are. I know this wasn't a particularly informative review, or helpful or interesting in any regard, but yeah. It was fun as always. >From: "Bill Seybolt" >Reply-To: "Bill Seybolt" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Atlanta Review? >Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:51:06 -0400 > >Anyone make it to the Atlanta 'On the Bricks' show? I was out of town and >was wondering how it went. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Except >fabulous components of luggage. _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-5 *****************************