Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #55-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 55, Number 8 Wednesday, 10 July 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: GIGANTIC screening in LA TMBG: Back Again! Re: TMBG: Back Again! RE: TMBG: Back Again! RE: TMBG: Back Again! Re: TMBG: Back Again! Re: TMBG: Back Again! RE: TMBG: Back Again! Re: TMBG: Back Again! RE: TMBG: Back Again! TMBG: TMBG reference Re: TMBG: Back Again! (none) Re: TMBG: Back Again! TMBG: The Top producer of Electronic, cordless tools,rechargeable flashlight Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 02:33:43 EDT Subject: TMBG: GIGANTIC screening in LA Got this from the TMBG-announce list..I'm hoping someone will be able to give us a full report of this.. It sucks, I live not 5 minutes from the Egyptian, but I don't have the money to go..maybe I'll trek down there and hang around outside.. Jennifer >GIGANTIC SCREENING TOMORROW > >There will be a screening of Gigantic tomorrow in Los Angeles! You are >cordially invited to the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theatre, 6712 >Hollywood Blvd, Tuesday July 9 at 7:30. Flansburgh and director AJ Schnack >will be in attendance to answer all your Gigantic questions. For ticket >information, call 323-466-film. ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Back Again! Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:01:06 -0400 Hello, all! I just re-subscribed yesterday after being away from this list for about 3 years due to time constraints. I have been keeping up a little by reading the archived list on TMBG.org. I was a member of the list since approx. 1993 (yes, I do remember when the list was offline and some incredibly gracious person (can't remember their name) kept it running on his own - very very cool). I mostly lurked but I did make some contributions such as concert reviews, insights into songs, and just plain nonsense. I am at "Level 5" on the TMBG addiction list. I am not sure though if people still use this scale but I always thought it was a good one. Well, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and also while I am at it ask if anyone has any info on the Central Park show on August 15th. I.E, do you need to pre-purchase tickets? If so, how would one go about doing this? Does the place get crowded, since I want to take my children? Any general advice? Any info would be much appreciated! Well I gotta run. It's good to be back - it's good to be back - Hello - Hello. Erik PS- Oh yeah, and WHAT about Careless Santa? ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Again! Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:26:48 +0000 Message-ID: Erik: >I am at "Level 5" on the TMBG addiction list. I am not sure >though if people still use this scale but I always thought it was a good >one. I assume not, since I've never heard of it. What is this "TMBG addiction list" of which you speak? >Well, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and also while I am at it ask if >anyone has any info on the Central Park show on August 15th. I.E, do you >need to pre-purchase tickets? If so, how would one go about doing this? From what I've heard, the show is free, so there's no need to purchase tickets. If anyone knows better, please let me know as well. >PS- Oh yeah, and WHAT about Careless Santa? He spent Matt's life savings on a secret mountain laboratory overlooking the insect hospital, and holds spitting contests every day. So I hear, anyway. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Back Again! Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:30:11 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Hey, Erik! We welcome the prodigal back into our midst with much celebrating and slaughtering of fatted lambs... The TMBG addiction scale sounds like something that is dying to be reintroduced into circulation. I don't know if there are any other oldbies currently on the list who remember it, but if there are then they're not sharing with the rest of the class. Why don't you post it, if you've still got the particulars? I'm sure it will at least fuel lots of post suggesting mods & updates, & be a good catalyst for some new life on the list. As far as Central Park goes... **Totally Free, Dude** TMBG's gift to their loyal fans. It's just a matter of getting there in time to get anywhere near the stage. And by all means bring the kiddies. Gotta bring them younguns up right... There's a lot of space, if you don't need to be right up at the edge of the stage. Spread out a blanket under a tree, grab a bench off to the side, whatever. (I just hope their sound system's good...) anyway, back to something like work... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > -----Original Message----- > From: Erik J. Chuss [mailto:echuss@teamDSMI.com] > Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 10:01 AM > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Back Again! > > > Hello, all! I just re-subscribed yesterday after being away > from this list > for about 3 years due to time constraints. I have been > keeping up a little > by reading the archived list on TMBG.org. I was a member of > the list since > approx. 1993 (yes, I do remember when the list was offline and some > incredibly gracious person (can't remember their name) kept > it running on > his own - very very cool). I mostly lurked but I did make some > contributions such as concert reviews, insights into songs, > and just plain > nonsense. I am at "Level 5" on the TMBG addiction list. I > am not sure > though if people still use this scale but I always thought it > was a good > one. Well, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and also while I am at it ask if > anyone has any info on the Central Park show on August 15th. > I.E, do you > need to pre-purchase tickets? If so, how would one go about > doing this? > Does the place get crowded, since I want to take my children? > Any general > advice? Any info would be much appreciated! > > Well I gotta run. It's good to be back - it's good to be back > - Hello - > Hello. > > Erik > > PS- Oh yeah, and WHAT about Careless Santa? > > ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Back Again! Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:33:30 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Nathan sez: > He spent Matt's life savings on a secret mountain laboratory > overlooking the > insect hospital, and holds spitting contests every day. So I > hear, anyway. But Nathan's an unreliable narrator..... Karin H ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001101c22755$991eef40$022aa8c0@avesta.com> From: "Bryce" Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Again! Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:33:28 -0400 Erik J. Chuss : > I am at "Level 5" on the TMBG addiction list. I am not sure > though if people still use this scale but I always thought it > was a good one. I haven't heard mention of it in the past two years. How do you know what level you're on? > Well, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and also while I am at it ask if > anyone has any info on the Central Park show on August > 15th. I.E, do you need to pre-purchase tickets? If so, how > would one go about doing this? Does the place get crowded, > since I want to take my children? Any general advice? Any > info would be much appreciated! Summerstage does not require tickets, you just line up at the gate. I expect it'll be pretty huge (although maybe not as huge as their last Summerstage appearance since it falls on a weekday). There is seating in the amphitheater, though (at least there was last time), so just make sure you get there early enough to claim some and your kids should be fine. Bryce ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <191.983c613.2a5c4f46@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:37:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Again! The Stages of TMBG Addiction (Courtesy of The Cowtown FAQ): Stage 1: You own one album and you find yourself playing it all the time. You listen to nothing else. You can't wait to see them live. Stage 2: You own all of their albums and find yourself playing them all the time. You listen to nothing else. You can't wait to see them live. You call Dial-a-Song four times a day. You have joined the information club. Stage 3: You own all the CD singles, the video collection, and a minimum of two T-shirts. You have seen them live four times in a period of three months. You can't wait to see them again. You have begun recording Dial-a-Song. You have rented They Might Be Giants--the movie. Stage 4: You now have four Dial-a-Song tapes which you listen to constantly. You have also begun collecting radio interviews, TV appearances, newspaper clippings, and badly recorded bootleg concerts purchased by mail with a money order made payable only to 'Jeff'. The tape quality sounds like 'Jeff' recorded it from the last stall in the Men's room. You write 'Jeff' and ask if he's got any more concerts for sale. Stage 5: You have seen the Giants over ten times. You have the autographs of every band member--even tuba player, Randy--except for the Johns. You have joined the Hello Recording Club and make apologies for Flansburgh when the March release shows up in November. ('It's not his fault. When he hasn't been in the studio, he's been on the road.') You call Dial-a-Song every hour and celebrate when a song you've never heard comes on. You have listened to 'Weep, Weep for the Urine Man' over two hundred and forty-two times. You have purchased a modem with the sole purpose of discussing the Giants with others like you. Stage 6: You have begun to collect records that have even the remotest Giants connection. You own recordings by all their opening acts including Brian Dewan, Frank Black, Freedy Johnston, and Drink Me. You own every guest appearance either John has made with other artists including Suzanne Vega, Otis Ball, The Meat Puppets, Annabouboula, and Brian Woodbury's Popular Music Group. Months and months of vinyl hunting have yielded you copies of 'Space Songs' and The Four Lads' version of 'Istanbul.' You know what a Hide Away Folk Family is and own several. Stage 7: You own everything, have seen everything and have done everything Giant. You realize you may have gone too far when you find yourself stealing your parents' (or grandparents') Sammy Davis, Jr. albums just because you read somewhere that Flans digs him; or find that you have traveled many miles to catch the performance of an artist who's only work you know is the 'Please Pass the Milk Please' Fingertip; or realize you've just spent seventy-five dollars on a book of James Ensor paintings; or you find yourself wandering around the 1964 World's Fair grounds searching for the remains of the DuPont Pavillion. It suddenly dawns on you that you may need help. There Might Be a Giant monkey on your back. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Again! Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:22:32 +0000 Message-ID: Kaylum: >The Stages of TMBG Addiction (Courtesy of HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/cowtown/cowtown.html">The Cowtown >FAQ): > >Stage 1: You own one album and you find yourself playing it all the time. >You >listen to nothing else. You can't wait to see them live. > >Stage 2: You own all of their albums and find yourself playing them all the >time. You listen to nothing else. You can't wait to see them live. You call >Dial-a-Song four times a day. You have joined the information club. I guess I'm here, although I don't call Dial-A-Song all that much. I think they used to change the songs more often, though, so it's kind of outdated. I also do stuff from some of the later steps. Obviously this scale isn't really that accurate, since you could, for instance, have seen them live ten times and have concert bootlegs, yet never have called Dial-A-Song. >Stage 5: You have seen the Giants over ten times. You have the autographs >of >every band member--even tuba player, Randy This MUST be pretty old. >You have listened to >'Weep, Weep for the Urine Man' over two hundred and forty-two times. Not that hard, now that it's on Then. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: RE: TMBG: Back Again! Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:23:59 +0000 Message-ID: Karin: >I can see I'm much lower on the They Might Be Addicts ladder than I would >have thought. i've got work to do. >I'm ashamed to ask, but... What exactly is "Weep, Weep for the Urine >Man"???? It's almost certainly "Weep Day," but no one knew it was CALLED "Weep Day" until Then came out. I know it was often called "Tropical Island." I guess people couldn't hear the lyrics that well over the phone. -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Message-ID: <007801c2275d$fcb53110$2d3091d0@consolidate.internal.maxweb.com> From: "Colleen McClanahan" Subject: TMBG: TMBG reference Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:33:34 -0400 I was reading this webcomic by Brian Lynch, a guy that does stuff with View Askew (the company that makes all the Kevin Smith films), and found a direct TMBG reference using the term "quirky". http://www.angrynakedpat.com/onlineComics/patchouli/index.php?date=2002-07-0 8 Colleen Anne ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <84.2aff5f26.2a5cb729@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:01:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Again! yay more oldbies! I remember that list...I think I'm only a 3 though...college and jobs keeping me too busy... ^_^ ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent~^v^~ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Perhaps this needs a little updating. After all, with mp3s it's much easier to collect bootlegs and dialasong recordings because you don't really have to do any work to do it. And who has a computer these days but no modem? (Of course, how many of us didn't consider the mailing list or the alt.music.tmbg or chatting at tmbg.com when we bought our computers?) Personally, I think I'm between stages 2 and 3 but I show many symptoms of stages 3-6. I SO wish I was at stage 7 though. Shaun www.tmbg.cc > The Stages of TMBG Addiction (Courtesy of The Cowtown FAQ): > > Stage 1: You own one album and you find yourself playing it all the time. You > listen to nothing else. You can't wait to see them live. > > Stage 2: You own all of their albums and find yourself playing them all the > time. You listen to nothing else. You can't wait to see them live. You call > Dial-a-Song four times a day. You have joined the information club. > > Stage 3: You own all the CD singles, the video collection, and a minimum of > two T-shirts. You have seen them live four times in a period of three months. > You can't wait to see them again. You have begun recording Dial-a-Song. You > have rented They Might Be Giants--the movie. > > Stage 4: You now have four Dial-a-Song tapes which you listen to constantly. > You have also begun collecting radio interviews, TV appearances, newspaper > clippings, and badly recorded bootleg concerts purchased by mail with a money > order made payable only to 'Jeff'. The tape quality sounds like 'Jeff' > recorded it from the last stall in the Men's room. You write 'Jeff' and ask > if he's got any more concerts for sale. > > Stage 5: You have seen the Giants over ten times. You have the autographs of > every band member--even tuba player, Randy--except for the Johns. You have > joined the Hello Recording Club and make apologies for Flansburgh when the > March release shows up in November. ('It's not his fault. When he hasn't been > in the studio, he's been on the road.') You call Dial-a-Song every hour and > celebrate when a song you've never heard comes on. You have listened to > 'Weep, Weep for the Urine Man' over two hundred and forty-two times. You have > purchased a modem with the sole purpose of discussing the Giants with others > like you. > > Stage 6: You have begun to collect records that have even the remotest Giants > connection. You own recordings by all their opening acts including Brian > Dewan, Frank Black, Freedy Johnston, and Drink Me. You own every guest > appearance either John has made with other artists including Suzanne Vega, > Otis Ball, The Meat Puppets, Annabouboula, and Brian Woodbury's Popular Music > Group. Months and months of vinyl hunting have yielded you copies of 'Space > Songs' and The Four Lads' version of 'Istanbul.' You know what a Hide Away > Folk Family is and own several. > > Stage 7: You own everything, have seen everything and have done everything > Giant. You realize you may have gone too far when you find yourself stealing > your parents' (or grandparents') Sammy Davis, Jr. albums just because you > read somewhere that Flans digs him; or find that you have traveled many miles > to catch the performance of an artist who's only work you know is the 'Please > Pass the Milk Please' Fingertip; or realize you've just spent seventy-five > dollars on a book of James Ensor paintings; or you find yourself wandering > around the 1964 World's Fair grounds searching for the remains of the DuPont > Pavillion. It suddenly dawns on you that you may need help. There Might Be a > Giant monkey on your back. > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jul 9 20:17:32 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g6A0HWe45533 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:17:32 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r09.mx.aol.com (imo-r09.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.105]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g6A0HVJ45527 for ; Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:17:31 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from Fishandoranges@aol.com) Received: from Fishandoranges@aol.com by imo-r09.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.21.) id i.63.e2fc4a1 (4554) for ; Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:17:24 -0400 (EDT) From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <63.e2fc4a1.2a5cd714@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:17:24 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Again! To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_63.e2fc4a1.2a5cd714_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10568 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Fishandoranges@aol.com --part1_63.e2fc4a1.2a5cd714_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 7/9/02 10:27:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes: > It's just a matter of getting there in time to get anywhere near the stage how early is everyone planning on lining up? usually i get there an hour or two before, but since this is free... jessie. --part1_63.e2fc4a1.2a5cd714_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 7/9/02 10:27:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes:

It's just a matter of getting there in time to get anywhere near the stage

how early is everyone planning on lining up? usually i get there an hour or two before, but since this is free...

jessie.
--part1_63.e2fc4a1.2a5cd714_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jul 9 23:39:26 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g6A3dQe50976 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 9 Jul 2002 23:39:26 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from ussdefiant.ufp.org (ussdefiant.ufp.org [209.249.50.19]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g6A3dPJ50971 for ; Tue, 9 Jul 2002 23:39:25 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xx1719@trade-net.no-ip.org) Received: from mis (sw59-231-239.adsl.seed.net.tw [61.59.231.239]) by ussdefiant.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id UAA07050 for ; Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:39:18 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <200207100339.UAA07050@ussdefiant.ufp.org> Received: from c106 [192.168.168.8] by mis [127.0.0.1] with SMTP (MDaemon.PRO.v5.0.4.R) for ; Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:37:29 +0800 From: "NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD" Subject: TMBG: The Top producer of Electronic, cordless tools,rechargeable flashlight To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Content-Type: text/html; Content-Transfer-Encoding: windows-1251 Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:37:47 +0800 X-Priority: 3 X-Library: Indy 8.0.16-B X-Mailer: LK SendIt 2.0 X-MDRemoteIP: 192.168.168.8 X-Return-Path: xx1719@trade-net.no-ip.org X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD" NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD

The company mainly produce electronic, cordless tools,rechargeable flashlight etc. The annual output value is up to USD 10 million. The factory possess strong technical forces, manufacture cordless tools ,rechargeable flashlight, shoe polisher.Which have carried CE!cGS!cUL!cCUL!cSAA international spprovals.The products export to United States, European countries etc. They welcomed by clients. Leading by the spirit of "Quality first, Credit first".we will try our best to supply convenient for customers sincerely.

NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD
Add:
NO.12 ALLEY 88,YUANDING ST,EAST BAIZHANG
RD,NINGBO, CHINA.
TEL:
86-574-87837474 87840141
FAX:
86-574-87837472
HTTP:
E-MAIL:

------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #55-8 *****************************