Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #56-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 56, Number 16 Friday, 16 August 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: ARGH!! Re: TMBG: ARGH!! TMBG: Central Park or Bust!! TMBG: Is anybody out there?? TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? RE: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? RE: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:30:13 -0700 From: asillett@stmarys-ca.edu Message-Id: <200208150830.BAA30201@secure.stmarys-ca.edu> Subject: TMBG: ARGH!! I just got to my local Borders today and tried to get the New Yorker with TMBG in it, but it seems to have already been replaced by the next issue (the food one). I assume other people have run into this problem too, but if anybody could help me get an extra copy somehow, please let me know! (asillett@stmarys-ca.edu) - Angela > Not surprisingly, the New Yorker article is the best > I've ever read > on TMBG. I've been a subscriber for about 10 years, > and the magazine > has never let me down, so when I heard they were doing ------------------------------ From: "Patty Castillo" Subject: Re: TMBG: ARGH!! Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:17:32 -0400 Message-ID: Yeah, I ran into this same problem. The lady at the Barnes and Noble was not helpful at all. When I asked her if they kept back issues, she promptly replied that they did not; there was no space to keep them. I asked her to check anyhow seeing as how this was LAST WEEK'S ISSUE, and it might not have been sent back yet but she refused. So I went to a local bookstore by my house, which had also stocked the food issue, but the guy there told me that he would order me a copy. (He also said that he had just sent them back that morning, and had I come in earlier I might have gotten a copy right then.) So my suggestion is to find a nice bookstore clerk who could possibly order one for you, or maybe try the magazine's website, which I believe is www.newyorker.com -patty >From: asillett@stmarys-ca.edu >Reply-To: asillett@stmarys-ca.edu >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: ARGH!! >Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:30:13 -0700 > >I just got to my local Borders today and tried to get >the New Yorker with TMBG in it, but it seems to have >already been replaced by the next issue (the food one). >I assume other people have run into this problem too, >but if anybody could help me get an extra copy somehow, >please let me know! (asillett@stmarys-ca.edu) > >- Angela > > > Not surprisingly, the New Yorker article is the best > > I've ever read > > on TMBG. I've been a subscriber for about 10 years, > > and the magazine > > has never let me down, so when I heard they were doing _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Central Park or Bust!! Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:30:31 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Well, it's not like I have to get my wagon train there, or anything. Just the LIRR to a subway... I was extremely glad that Flans clued us in to the whole curfew thing. I had finally, regretfully, decided that by the time the show was over & I got home & to sleep I would be incapable of getting up tomorrow morning. I was about to concede defeat & surrender to my status as middle-aged (& lazy! ;) ) and just close my eyes to life's possibilities & go home from work... And then, out of the blue, the Answer To My Prayers!!!!! in the form of this simple statement: >There is a strict >curfew at 10, so don't worry about being out too late- the old >ladies of the >upper east side will not stand to hear the vague rumblings of >frivolity from >a public space that they think they own. I can see & hear 1 1/2 hours of pure, unadulterated idiosyncratic bliss, and still be home in time to get my beauty (ahem) sleep!! My joy knows no bounds! Woo Hoo!!!! ::doing the I'm going to Central Park to see TMBG dance:: Karin H ** just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned ** ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Is anybody out there?? Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:28:30 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Considering it is the day of the night of the Amazing 20th Anniversary Spectacular, it's awfully quiet out there... I mean, the list should be overflowing with "If anybody sees me, say hi!! I'll be the scrawny geek in the Cup o' Coffee tshirt". Am I in Limbo, or are all of you?? Karin H [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] > Am I in Limbo, or are all of you?? I can hear you. -john really wishes he could be there From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Aug 15 17:15:12 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7FLFCo92693 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:15:12 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from host08.sterl.com ([167.206.146.35]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g7FLFBJ92688 for ; Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:15:11 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from karinh@sterl.com) Received: from semail02.STERLING.COM ([207.95.186.44]) by host08.sterl.com (NAVGW 2.5.1.19) with SMTP id M2002081517140826719 for ; Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:14:08 -0400 content-class: urn:content-classes:message MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.5762.3 Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:15:08 -0400 Message-ID: X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: Thread-Topic: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? Thread-Index: AcJEnkdmntavIBV1RQKOmm0NE7qbBwAAl6FQ From: "Karin Highfield" To: "john m" , Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id g7FLFCJ92689 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" But it's so spooky... Everybody should be buzzing about it, or at least breathing... Have you got anything from the list since the TMBGAnnounce at 10:30 this morning?? > -----Original Message----- > From: john m [mailto:theymightbegiants@att.net] > Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 4:57 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? > > > > Am I in Limbo, or are all of you?? > > I can hear you. > > -john really wishes he could be there > > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Aug 15 17:21:45 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7FLLjm92888 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:21:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from westwayne.com (www.westwayne.com [12.39.52.66]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g7FLLiJ92881 for ; Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:21:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from bseybolt@westwayne.com) Received: from mail.westwayne.com by westwayne.com via smtpd (for ussenterprise.ufp.org [208.185.30.210]) with ESMTP; Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:21:44 -0400 Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? To: "Karin Highfield" Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 5.0.10 March 22, 2002 Message-ID: From: "Bill Seybolt" Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:17:20 -0400 X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on Remote/Atl/WWI(Release 5.0.10 |March 22, 2002) at 08/15/2002 05:16:25 PM MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bill Seybolt" Nothing really of note. Saw their performance on Conan last night thanks to TIVO. I want a red jacket too. "Karin Highfield" , > cc: Sent by: Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: Is anybody out there?? owner-tmbg-list@t mbg.org 08/15/2002 05:15 PM Please respond to "Karin Highfield" But it's so spooky... Everybody should be buzzing about it, or at least breathing... Have you got anything from the list since the TMBGAnnounce at 10:30 this morning?? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #56-16 ******************************