Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #56-17 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 56, Number 17 Saturday, 17 August 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Experimental Shoes/Radio/laptop NYC NEXT WEEK TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Re: TMBG: ARGH!! TMBG: CP Review TMBG: New Yorker Article TMBG: My own CP review TMBG: My own CP review Re: TMBG: My own CP review Re: TMBG: My own CP review RE: TMBG: My own CP review Re: TMBG: My own CP review RE: TMBG: My own CP review Re: TMBG: Is anybody out there?? TMBG: We Want Spiraling! Petition Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <81626.KVTWCIEI@echo.net> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 02:06:32 GMT From: joshua fried Subject: TMBG: Experimental Shoes/Radio/laptop NYC NEXT WEEK Dear People-- Two small shows next week in NYC. No doubt there will be choice bits of ads and very scary news headlines on the radio for me to play with. Two of the very few things you can count on around here, these days. ==================================================== RADIO WONDERLAND HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP) Work In Progress Series Monday and Tuesday, August 19th and 20th. 8:30pm; $8 also appearing: Deke Weaver HERE Arts Center 145 6th Avenue between Spring & Broome NYC http://www.here.org/ Tickets 212/647-0202 or TicketWeb http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=schedule&venue=here I will be sampling and perverting live commercial FM radio using powerBook, boombox, knobs, drumsticks, and shoes. (In other words, the usual, and still in-progress!) I'd like to mention also that I realize that many of you are far away. I don't expect anyone to fly out to see me, but I wanted you to know what I'm up to. Peace, Joshua Fried http://composer.home.acedsl.com/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with sincere apologies. Want to know more? See http://composer.home.acedsl.com/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <200208160715.g7G7F0v06680@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:56:03 -0400 (EDT) From: RIIN GILL Subject: Re: TMBG: ARGH!! Message-ID: I found this on the New Yorker website: Back Issues Issues going back to 1970 are available through our Back Issues Department for $9 each (sent first class). For orders outside the United States (including Canada), the price per issue is $12.65. If you would like to place an order, please send your request to: The New Yorker Back Issues P.O. Box 37684 Boone, Iowa 50037-0684 Your order must be accompanied by a check payable to The New Yorker Magazine. To order by credit card, please call 800-825-2510 or, if you are outside the United States, 515-243-3273. It seems kind of sucky to me that it costs 9 bucks only 4 days after the date of the issue, but it's also true that I have absolutely no clue what the issue regularly costs, so I don't know how inflated that is. It still made me gulp though. I think I'll stop at the library on the way home and copy it, and if looking at the pictures makes me decide I must own it, then I'll spring for it. Remember, people, libraries are your friend! *********************************************************** Riin Gill Interlibrary Loan 734-615-6168 Taubman Medical Library fax 734-763-1473 University of Michigan *********************************************************** If you were riding your bike, you'd be having fun by now. > From: "Patty Castillo" > Subject: Re: TMBG: ARGH!! > Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:17:32 -0400 > Message-ID: > > Yeah, I ran into this same problem. The lady at the Barnes and Noble was not > helpful at all. When I asked her if they kept back issues, she promptly > replied that they did not; there was no space to keep them. I asked her to > check anyhow seeing as how this was LAST WEEK'S ISSUE, and it might not have > been sent back yet but she refused. So I went to a local bookstore by my > house, which had also stocked the food issue, but the guy there told me that > he would order me a copy. (He also said that he had just sent them back that > morning, and had I come in earlier I might have gotten a copy right then.) > So my suggestion is to find a nice bookstore clerk who could possibly order > one for you, or maybe try the magazine's website, which I believe is > www.newyorker.com > -patty > > >From: asillett@stmarys-ca.edu > >Reply-To: asillett@stmarys-ca.edu > >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > >Subject: TMBG: ARGH!! > >Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:30:13 -0700 > > > >I just got to my local Borders today and tried to get > >the New Yorker with TMBG in it, but it seems to have > >already been replaced by the next issue (the food one). > >I assume other people have run into this problem too, > >but if anybody could help me get an extra copy somehow, > >please let me know! (asillett@stmarys-ca.edu) > > > >- Angela > > > > > Not surprisingly, the New Yorker article is the best > > > I've ever read > > > on TMBG. I've been a subscriber for about 10 years, > > > and the magazine > > > has never let me down, so when I heard they were doing > ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: CP Review Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:09:52 -0400 Here's a "quick" review of the CP show last night. It turned out to be a great show! We got to the CP Summerstage around 5:30 and were surprised at how long the line was. We were worried we wouldn't get a descent seat. They opened the doors around 6pm and we filed in around 6:20. We ended up optioning for the bleacher seats because of the kids in tow. The "People Are Wrong" Review was pretty good although it seemed to tail off at the end. If I do have some free time in September I may try to check out the show. It could be interesting. After the PAW set, two guys from St. Petersburg Russia (I am drawing a blank on their name), who must be REALLY into "60's surfer music" played. They were pretty good though. We were talking how interesting it was that the group consisted of a keyboardist and guiarist and "drum machine". Hmmm, where have we heard of that setup before? ;-) The Moldy Peaches were the next set up. They had interesting costumes to say the least. There music was ok and at times pretty funny but the lyrics were a bit strong considering this was a "kids" show. After the MP, the Russian guys came out again. When they were through it was time for TMBG (about 8:30). I don't have a set list but they opened with "Clap Your Hands" and throughout the show did about half of the songs from "No!". They had a pretty good mix of old and new although we don't believed they played anything from TMBG, Lincoln, Factory Showroom, or even John Henry for that matter. One of the hardest things about being a "John" is putting together a setlist. I finally got to see the intro to Istanbul and it was great! I also got to see Fingertips and I have to say that was one of the coolest things I have ever seen at a show. Another highlight was during "She's Actual Size" Flans ran through a ficticious phone menu stating that if people wanted to hear John Bonham of Led Zepplin drumming, press 6. There were about 18 different drum "styles" that Dan went through including Animal of the Muppet Show. It was a lot of fun to see. They did two encores and wrapped it up around 10 o'clock. I haven't seen Them in about two years but I have to say they were all REALLY into the show. As I said at the beginning of the review, it was a great show! I have seen them about 8 times and it is still a blast. Hopefully someone has a setlist they can post. Must go and start planning for my next show, possibly Cake next week in Philadelphia or NY, then it is going to be time to check out TMBG again. Can't let another two years go by without seeing them. :-) Erik ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: New Yorker Article Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:13:52 -0400 I just got to my local Borders today and tried to get the New Yorker with TMBG in it, but it seems to have already been replaced by the next issue (the food one). I assume other people have run into this problem too, but if anybody could help me get an extra copy somehow, please let me know! (asillett@stmarys-ca.edu) - Angela * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I looked for the article yesterday in NYC but found out that the new issue is out. Since the "old" issue is no longer available, could someone possibly scan it and post it or please email it to us poor unfortunates? I would love to read it. TIA. Erik ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: My own CP review Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:09:33 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" "Every time I say "Dan Miller", you say "F*** Yeah!"!!!" That must be a cool feeling, hearing a few thousand people scream "F*** Yeah!!" every time your name is mentioned. It was a great show. We missed People Are Wrong (as they ended we were standing in line being asked "Is this the Maybe We're Giants, or something, concert?" by some bimbo... True Story.) The Russian Lounge Lizards were good incidental music (their name had something to do with Chups, which I remembered because of the lollipops, Chupa Chups. I *really* fail to see the attraction of Moldy Peaches, maybe if they hadn't been totally overamplified and all screaming into the mics so they were unintelligible... I was just waiting for all of them to go away & let the Real Show begin, which it did right on schedule. Yay!! High points: Istanbul intro ("Dan Miller" "F*** Yeah!!!") The scariest Robot Parade I've ever heard Dial-a-Drum-Solo (definitely Animal) 1:56 (for the math majors) How long can we milk the pause in "Older"??? "These T-shirts are being sold here at the show for *Twice* their value, ladies & gentlemen. You can't pass up a deal like that..." The fact that it ended at 10, so we could enjoy the whole show & still be upright citizens the next morning Low points: Anal-compulsive fascists in VOLUNTEER t-shirts The fact that it ended at 10, so They didn't get to do every song They've ever done in the past 20 years All in all my kind of night. ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: My own CP review Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:38:18 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" "Every time I say "Dan Miller", you say "F*** Yeah!"!!!" That must be a cool feeling, hearing a few thousand people scream "F*** Yeah!!" every time your name is mentioned. It was a great show. We missed People Are Wrong (as they ended we were standing in line being asked "Is this the Maybe We're Giants, or something, concert?" by some bimbo... True Story.) The Russian Lounge Lizards were good incidental music (their name had something to do with Chups, which I remembered because of the lollipops, Chupa Chups. I *really* fail to see the attraction of Moldy Peaches, maybe if they hadn't been totally overamplified and all screaming into the mics so they were unintelligible... I was just waiting for all of them to go away & let the Real Show begin, which it did right on schedule. Yay!! High points: Istanbul intro ("Dan Miller" "F*** Yeah!!!") The scariest Robot Parade I've ever heard Dial-a-Drum-Solo (definitely Animal) 1:56 (for the math majors) How long can we milk the pause in "Older"??? "These T-shirts are being sold here at the show for *Twice* their value, ladies & gentlemen. You can't pass up a deal like that..." The fact that it ended at 10, so we could enjoy the whole show & still be upright citizens the next morning Low points: Anal-compulsive fascists in VOLUNTEER t-shirts The fact that it ended at 10, so They didn't get to do every song They've ever done in the past 20 years All in all my kind of night. Karin H [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Care to explain this one? I'm lost. Quoting Karin Highfield : > High points: > [...] > 1:56 (for the math majors) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Aug 16 14:49:36 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7GInaT21779 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:49:36 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from ussdefiant.ufp.org (ussdefiant.ufp.org [209.249.50.19]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g7GInZJ21774 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:49:35 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from slothdog@xmission.com) Received: from webmail.xmission.com (webmail.xmission.com [198.60.22.199]) by ussdefiant.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id LAA14888 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:49:33 -0700 (PDT) Received: from www by webmail.xmission.com with local (Exim 3.35 #1) id 17fmA8-0007lF-00 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:49:32 -0600 Received: from 159.212.71.13 ( [159.212.71.13]) as user slothdog@mail.xmission.com by webmail.xmission.com with HTTP; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:49:32 -0600 Message-ID: <1029523772.3d5d493c15bf0@webmail.xmission.com> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:49:32 -0600 From: Chris Nuccitelli To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: My own CP review References: In-Reply-To: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 3.1 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Chris Nuccitelli Care to explain this one? I'm lost. Quoting Karin Highfield : > High points: > [...] > 1:56 (for the math majors) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Aug 16 15:05:21 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7GJ5Lu22367 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:05:21 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from host08.sterl.com ([167.206.146.35]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g7GJ5KJ22362 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:05:20 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from karinh@sterl.com) Received: from semail02.STERLING.COM ([207.95.186.44]) by host08.sterl.com (NAVGW 2.5.1.19) with SMTP id M2002081615041922431 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:04:19 -0400 content-class: urn:content-classes:message MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C24557.DC446860" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.5762.3 Subject: RE: TMBG: My own CP review Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:05:17 -0400 Message-ID: X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: Thread-Topic: TMBG: My own CP review Thread-Index: AcJFVaosdXLnsMCLQCSZ/1wbTQAhEgAAZO7Q From: "Karin Highfield" To: "Chris Nuccitelli" , Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C24557.DC446860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable They did what turned out to be an into to Four of Two, Flans describing = how the next song was about a big clock on a building by the Flatiron = Bldg which was apparently on the fritz, it was stuck at 1:56. As he = went on intro-ing, people started to catch on, & finally Flans commented = on how the "math majors" were starting to get it... Just thought it was cute. But not quirky, *definitely* not quirky... ;) > -----Original Message----- > From: Chris Nuccitelli [ mailto:slothdog@xmission.com] > Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 2:50 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: My own CP review > > > Care to explain this one? I'm lost. > > Quoting Karin Highfield : > > > High points: > > [...] > > 1:56 (for the math majors) >=20 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C24557.DC446860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

They did what turned out = to be an=20 into to Four of Two, Flans describing how the next song was about a big = clock on=20 a building by the Flatiron Bldg which was apparently on the fritz, it = was stuck=20 at 1:56.  As he went on intro-ing, people started to catch on, = &=20 finally Flans commented on how the "math majors" were starting to get=20 it...
Just thought it was cute.  But not quirky, *definitely* = not=20 quirky...
;)

> -----Original = Message-----
>=20 From: Chris Nuccitelli [mailto:slothdog@xmission.com]>=20 Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 2:50 PM
> To: = tmbg-list@tmbg.org
>=20 Subject: Re: TMBG: My own CP review
>
>
> Care to = explain this=20 one?  I'm lost.
>
> Quoting Karin Highfield=20 <karinh@sterl.com>:
>
> > High points:
> > = [...]
> >     1:56 (for the math = majors)
>=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C24557.DC446860-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Aug 16 15:16:41 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7GJGfb22700 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:16:41 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from smtp.vzavenue.net (smtp.vzavenue.net [66.171.59.140]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g7GJGfJ22694 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:16:41 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from zaph@fruhead.com) Received: from fruhead.com ([63.100.163.28]) by smtp.vzavenue.net (Mirapoint Messaging Server MOS 2.9.3.5) with ESMTP id ADM19226 (AUTH zaph); Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:16:28 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <3D5D4F89.8030809@fruhead.com> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:16:25 -0400 From: lawrence solomon User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529 X-Accept-Language: en-us, en MIME-Version: 1.0 CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: My own CP review References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: lawrence solomon Karin Highfield wrote: > *They did what turned out to be an into to Four of Two, Flans describing > how the next song was about a big clock on a building by the Flatiron > Bldg which was apparently on the fritz, it was stuck at 1:56. As he > went on intro-ing, people started to catch on, & finally Flans commented > on how the "math majors" were starting to get it... > Just thought it was cute. But not quirky, *definitely* not quirky... > ;)* actually, it was Linnell, and he was referencing the beats per minute, which they've recently started writing on Hickey's setlist. and 4 of 2 is apparently played at 156 beats per minute. he assured us that this was a coincidence. and I think Flans commented about the math majors, and Linnell kept saying "I still don't get it." From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Aug 16 15:23:23 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7GJNN122933 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:23:23 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from host08.sterl.com ([167.206.146.35]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g7GJNMJ22928 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:23:22 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from karinh@sterl.com) Received: from semail02.STERLING.COM ([207.95.186.44]) by host08.sterl.com (NAVGW 2.5.1.19) with SMTP id M2002081615222013987 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:22:20 -0400 content-class: urn:content-classes:message MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Subject: RE: TMBG: My own CP review X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.5762.3 Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:23:19 -0400 Message-ID: X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: Thread-Topic: TMBG: My own CP review Thread-Index: AcJFWXTEKO1YB22ITW2q6Gt8B0f9aQAAIrfA From: "Karin Highfield" To: "lawrence solomon" Cc: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id g7GJNMJ22929 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" Oh, I wondered why people seemed to think it was so funny... I heard the part about the clock, then the part about "math majors", & missed the part that actually made it funny... That's what I get for being back in the cheap seats. > -----Original Message----- > From: lawrence solomon [mailto:zaph@fruhead.com] > Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 3:16 PM > Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: My own CP review > > > Karin Highfield wrote: > > *They did what turned out to be an into to Four of Two, > Flans describing > > how the next song was about a big clock on a building by > the Flatiron > > Bldg which was apparently on the fritz, it was stuck at > 1:56. As he > > went on intro-ing, people started to catch on, & finally > Flans commented > > on how the "math majors" were starting to get it... > > Just thought it was cute. But not quirky, *definitely* not > quirky... > > ;)* > > actually, it was Linnell, and he was referencing the beats > per minute, > which they've recently started writing on Hickey's setlist. > and 4 of 2 > is apparently played at 156 beats per minute. he assured us > that this > was a coincidence. and I think Flans commented about the > math majors, > and Linnell kept saying "I still don't get it." > > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Aug 16 17:27:11 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7GLRBv26320 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:27:11 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from odie.runbox.com (odie.runbox.com [193.71.199.139]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g7GLR9J26315 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:27:10 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from poisonflower@runbox.com) Received: from [24.187.202.92] (helo=kun-jess-tower.runbox.com) (Authenticated Sender=poisonflower) by odie.runbox.com with asmtp (Exim 3.33 #1) id 17focW-0007Jk-00 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:27:00 +0200 Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20020816172246.009f0e10@pop.runbox.com> X-Sender: poisonflower@pop.runbox.com X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 5.1.1 Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:23:31 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: Is anybody out there?? In-Reply-To: Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: jessie i would have said something along those lines, but i was already waiting in line for the show at that point!
good stuff.

jessie.

At 04:28 PM 8/15/02, Karin wrote:

Considering it is the day of the night of the Amazing 20th Anniversary Spectacular, it's awfully quiet out there...  I mean, the list should be overflowing with "If anybody sees me, say hi!!  I'll be the scrawny geek in the Cup o' Coffee tshirt".

Am I in Limbo, or are all of you??

Karin H
From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Aug 16 18:09:57 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7GM9vn27386 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:09:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m02.mx.aol.com (imo-m02.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.5]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g7GM9vJ27381 for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:09:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from alyeditrix@aol.com) Received: from alyeditrix@aol.com by imo-m02.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v33.5.) id i.57.101247d8 (30950) for ; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:09:47 -0400 (EDT) From: alyeditrix@aol.com Message-ID: <57.101247d8.2a8ed22b@aol.com> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:09:47 EDT Subject: TMBG: We Want Spiraling! Petition To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="part1_57.101247d8.2a8ed22b_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 10513 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: alyeditrix@aol.com --part1_57.101247d8.2a8ed22b_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --part1_57.101247d8.2a8ed22b_boundary Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Disposition: inline Return-Path: Received: from rly-xj01.mx.aol.com (rly-xj01.mail.aol.com [172.20.116.38]) by air-xj02.mail.aol.com (v87.22) with ESMTP id MAILINXJ21-0816174240; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:42:40 -0400 Received: from eames2.artifice.com (eames2.artifice.com [161.58.202.105]) by rly-xj01.mx.aol.com (v87.22) with ESMTP id MAILRELAYINXJ13-0816174212; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:42:12 -0400 Received: (ftp@localhost) by eames2.artifice.com (8.11.6) id g7GLgB654167; Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:42:11 -0700 (PDT) Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:42:11 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <200208162142.g7GLgB654167@eames2.artifice.com> From: alyeditrix@aol.com To: alyeditrix@aol.com Organization: Artifice MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_ArtificeMail1234567890"; Status: RO Subject: TMBG: We Want Spiraling! Petition X-Mailer: Unknown (No Version) ------=_ArtificeMail1234567890 Content-Type: text/plain; Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "alyeditrix@aol.com" sends you the enclosed page from one of the Artifice we= b sites: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/spirtbmg/petition.html ** ** ** Personal comments from "alyeditrix@aol.com": ------=_ArtificeMail1234567890 Content-Type: text/html; name="petition.html"; Content-Disposition: inline; filename="petition.html" TMBG: We Want Spiraling! Petition
dc

TMBG: We Want Spiraling!

View Current Signatures   -   Sign the Petition

To:  They Might Be Giants

This petition is not truly a petition; in the traditional sense, at least.

We, the undersigned, love They Might Be Giants, and regardless of your actions (unless you start killing puppies or something) have no intention of in any way discontinuing our support.

We think you are incredible, and put on shows that can get even the most seasoned couch potato jumping and singing along.

However, we respectfully ask...OK, beg, that Spiraling come back to be your opening act in as many shows as possible. We TMBG fans have grown spoiled, and have come to anticipate seeing them when we come to see you...and although we love you just as much as ever, we will be much happier if the whole family is back together again.

TMBG has long enjoyed an incredibly loyal cult-like fanbase. Please reward our obsessive stalker-like appreciation with granting us our request...give us Spiraling :)

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

View Current Signatures

The TMBG: We Want Spiraling! Petition to They Might Be Giants was created by and written by Aly Walansky.  This petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service. There is no express or implied endorsement of this petition by Artifice, Inc. or our sponsors. The petition scripts are created by Mike Wheeler at Artifice, Inc.  For Technical Support please use our simple Petition Help form.

Send this to a friend
Send Petition to a Friend - Start a Petition - Contributions - Privacy - Advertising - Comments and Suggestions
PetitionOnline - DesignCommunity - 3D Designers - Gallery - Architecture - Scrapbook - 3D Developers - Games - Search
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/spirtbmg/petition.html
© 1999-2002 Artifice, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
------=_ArtificeMail1234567890-- --part1_57.101247d8.2a8ed22b_boundary-- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #56-17 ******************************