Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #56-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 56, Number 19 Monday, 19 August 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: oh my, what is this? Re: TMBG: oh my, what is this? Re: TMBG: oh my, what is this? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <33.2bae4b28.2a90c5e0@aol.com> Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 05:41:52 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: oh my, what is this? > I'm sorry, but I haven't been around for awhile, and I just got "No!" I > can't say "it sucks" becuase that would be blasphemy but, but did they and > Their entire production crew receive frontal lombotamies before releasing > this? What exactly about it bothers you so much? I'm so hurt. I'm sure that everyone else has said this, and that I"m just being very > redunant, but I need some words of assurance that this is not what They are > all about and that they are still *q-word* intelligent men with an amusing > sense of humor. I think I may cry. Actually, the reaction to NO has been quite positive...a few people have complained about the songs that they changed, but you're actually the first person I know of who is even nearly this upset over the album as a whole. I got third row seats to a concert on wednesday, and I want to know if this is what I > should expect? Unfortunatley for you, yes, they have been playing a lot of songs from that album at their shows recently. Oh, my. It helps if I repeat the lyrics to Birdhouse over and over. Not to but to fine > a point on it... Argh. I'm sorry. This is not good at all. They've said in interviews that they have always wanted to do a kids album (repeat "a [singular] kids album," but waited until they were well established enough not to confuse people into thinking they were a kiddie band. Looks like they didn't wait long enough *sigh* Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Not to mention, you do realize that No! is an incredible record, don't you? :) petula In a message dated Sat, 17 Aug 2002 8:41:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, katesith@hotmail.com writes: >>o.O You do realize that "No!" is a children's album, don't you? > > > >From: Jessica Keenan > >Reply-To: Jessica Keenan > >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > >Subject: TMBG: oh my, what is this? > >Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:43:43 -0400 > > > >I'm sorry, but I haven't been around for awhile, and I just got "No!" I > >can't say "it sucks" becuase that would be blasphemy but, but did they and > >Their entire production crew receive frontal lombotamies before releasing > >this? I'm so hurt. I'm sure that everyone else has said this, and that > >I"m just being very redunant, but I need some words of assurance that this > >is not what They are all about and that they are still *q-word* intelligent > >men with an amusing sense of humor. I think I may cry. I got third row > >seats to a concert on wednesday, and I want to know if this is what I > >should expect? Oh, my. It helps if I repeat the lyrics to Birdhouse over > >and over. Not to but to fine a point on it... Argh. I'm sorry. This is > >not good at all. > > > >~MST3Kenobi@comcast.net > >Official Ambassador to the Sci-Fi community > >PS if you see me at the Harrisburg Show, I'll be the lanky female with > >coke-bottle glasses and a home-made Flood (ahh, the good ol' music) T-shirt > >crying in a corner and humming Ana Ng. > > > > > -Kate Sith > Queen of Spades > TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan > Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile > > ------------------------------------------------------------ > > "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time > Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." > -J. Linnell > > "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in > return." > -The Magical Sitar > > "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." > -G. Threepwood > > > _________________________________________________________________ > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your > photos: > http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sun Aug 18 12:06:33 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g7IG6XU73186 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:06:33 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from smtp.vzavenue.net (smtp.vzavenue.net [66.171.59.140]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g7IG6XJ73181 for ; Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:06:33 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from zaph@fruhead.com) Received: from fruhead.com (99.36.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net [66.171.36.99] (may be forged)) by smtp.vzavenue.net (Mirapoint Messaging Server MOS 2.9.3.5) with ESMTP id ADM62706; Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:06:27 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <3D5FC5F7.6070805@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:06:15 -0400 From: lawrence solomon User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530 X-Accept-Language: en-us, en MIME-Version: 1.0 CC: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: oh my, what is this? References: <39C6237A.0B7C20DC.0000F199@aol.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: lawrence solomon Furfr@aol.com wrote: > Not to mention, you do realize that No! is an incredible record, > don't you? compared to Mink Car, *anything* is an incredible record. compared to No!, anything but Mink Car is an incredible record. I don't have the album yet because so far I've been mostly unimpressed with the songs I've heard. It's just.... weak. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #56-19 ******************************