Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #57-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 57, Number 10 Wednesday, 11 September 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re:Machine Gun Fellatio TMBG: Fancy Electronic Noveuties-Offer Best Price RE: Good Punk Bands (formerly Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio) TMBG: Am I seeing double?!?! TMBG: supplies most fashionable knitted fabrics with high quality ! TMBG: Re: punk music Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio TMBG: The Top producer of Electronic, cordless tools,rechargeable flashlight TMBG: Re: Am I seeing double?!?! RE: TMBG: Re: Am I seeing double?!?! Re: TMBG: Re: punk music Re: TMBG: Re: punk music RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Re: punk music Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: Re:Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:36:49 +1000 From: superspanger@hotmail.com Message-ID: Just for the record, MFG are not punk. They are strange - very, very strange. Think TMBG with there minds in the gutter, a severe hormome inbalence and a love for getting there gear off at gigs... eg there latest song is called "Pussytown", other's include "Motherf**ker on a motorcycle", the girl of my dreams (is giving me nightmares) and "Let me be your dirty f**king wh*re" to name a few ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209101147.EAA29524@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "ShenZhen JuFeng WeiYe Electronic Co., Ltd." Subject: TMBG: Fancy Electronic Noveuties-Offer Best Price Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:55:25 +0800 ShenZhen JuFeng WeiYe Electronic Co., Ltd.

Our company, ShenZhen JuFeng WeiYe Electronic Co., Ltd. are offering you high-quality products with rigid quality tests from tooling to finished products. Qualified supports come from our mold team, R&D and QC department.

Since established in 1998, Our company has been well known in promotional products industry for our guarantee of good quality products, punctual delivery as well as competitive prices. Entering worldwide markets is our basic business target. OEM/ODM orders are all welcome. We are sure that our products will make every customer totally satisfied.

We keep releasing new items to meet the needs of the market and always prepare to cater to the demands of consumer electronics world of the 21st century. When researching and developing every new product, we emphasize all the points of functionality, innovation, quality, reliability and cost-effectiveness. Excellent cooperation with mold-making partner company and the improvement of our manufacturing experience and techniques allow us to offer our customers best quality and services at competitive prices.

In order to provide our customers more convenient service, at the beginning of 2002, we opened the North America office in Vancouver. We believe our products and service can meet your needs. Contact us now; we do the best for you.

Procedures/testing Details:
With strict quality control and based on product specifications and the customers' requirements, our technicians examine random samples to ensure that each product meets the required standards and report the results. We know that satisfaction from customers is our final aim.

We devote ourselves to improve our present products and develop/design more new products for the consumer marketing. Our most important strategy is to develop an all-win situation for both customers and factories to meet the new millennium's market requirements.

Standards & Approvals:
ISO 9001 2000 certificated and CE approved

Product Range:

!oCombination calculators (including stationery)-JF2018A/B, D, 2018D, 3018,3016,3028.
!oElectronic massagers/acupressure devices-JF-2125,3111.
!oLCD combination clocks w/calculator- JF2010,2002 A/B
!oMultifunction phones-JF83,213,313.
!oMultifunction / databank calculators-JF2033,3019,3020,9908
!oNovelty radios-JF101,3110,2004,298,336.
!oPrinted / perpetual / block/desktop /electronic calendars-2099,2208,228.

2018D 7# BATTERY
Main Products:
Combination calculators,printed/perpetual/block/desktop/Electronic massagers/acupressure devices/electronic calendar.
Electronic novecties, novecties radio, LCD combination clock with calculator multifunctionphones,radio,munifunctional/data bank, calculator.

Address: 4th Floor, No. 1 Bldg., Xingye Industrial Area.No.1 Qianjin Rd.,25thDistrict, BaoAn, Shenzhen
Tel: 86-755-27856898 27856698 27857898
Fax: 86-755-27858946
Attn: Mr. Xu Guo Wei, Ms Deng, Kitty; Mr Luo Kuanming
E-mail: jf1827@trade-net.kyed.com
. . . . .jufeng@ezlink.com.tw
.........jjf1827@trade-net.kyed.com

North America office:
Best-Supplier International Enterprises410-8777 Hudson Street, Vancouver B.C. Canada V6P 6H2
Tel: 604-326 5832 /828 0126
Fax:
604-326 5832
Email: jf1827@trade-net.kyed.com
contact person: Mr. Joseph Wang
www.best-supplier.com

------------------------------ From: "Patty Castillo" Subject: RE: Good Punk Bands (formerly Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio) Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:58:23 -0400 Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ From: "Patty Castillo" Subject: TMBG: Am I seeing double?!?! Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:06:21 -0400 Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209101430.HAA29758@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "CENTURITEX CORPORATION" Subject: TMBG: supplies most fashionable knitted fabrics with high quality ! Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:31:06 +0800 Centuritex Corp.

Centuritex Corp. was established in 1992. We are one of the foremost textile suppliers in Taiwan, engaged in the export of knitted fabrics of all types

Centuritex supplies most fashionable knitted fabrics with high quality to European buyers, including high-quality garment makers, wholesalers and boutiques.

Using Polyester, Nylon, Acrylic, Wool, Spandex, etc. and other newest yarn to make various knitted fabrics, such as single jersey, terry, interlock, P.K., velour, jacquard, etc.

If there is any more information we can give you, please contact us.

Tel#o886-2-25865660
Fax#o886-2-25954176
E-mail#ocenturitex@twmail.com
------------------------------ Message-ID: <3D7E0540.A1AF16BA@st.com> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:44:16 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Re: punk music Aren't TMBG's main influences: The Beatles Sammy Davis Jr. ? They have written about: XTC, Alice Cooper, Adam Ant > Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:59:15 -0500 (CDT) > From: Iiaeaux_Alod > Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink 182 a whole lot. > (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly ranks high on my list of > good bands Aren't these two "grunge" bands, not punk? The Age of Punk ended in the late 70's, followed by the Age of New Wave, The Age of Alternative, and The Age of Grunge. I'm not sure what "age" we are in now--Age of Corporate Programming? Age of Body Piercing? What do you think? Perhaps some new kind of music is developing. Rock & roll has already mined it's past with periodic revivals of it's own history (rockabilly, jump swing. etc.). They even have a hall of fame, too. (Good Riddance? "it's something unpredictable but in the end s > right, I hope you had the time of your life..."). TMBG is at the top > though of course. :) I agree there is a lot of god awful punk music but > hey, TMBG started out being influenced by the punk artists didn't they? > > --Iiaeaux Alod P.S. The First Lady advises turning your TV off all day tomorrow. ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah Berthoud, Colorado, USA "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: PosterKid1@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:07:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio + In a message dated 9/10/02 2:19:47 AM, "Colleen Anne McClanahan" writes: << Blink 182 and Green Day are about as "punk" as my 56 year old mother. ;) It's like comparing Britney Spears to opera singer Andrea Bocelli. >> And comparing Britney Spears to Andrea Bocelli is like comparing Andrea Bocelli to Luciano Pavarotti. + ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209101507.IAA29829@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD" Subject: TMBG: The Top producer of Electronic, cordless tools,rechargeable flashlight Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:45:01 +0800 NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD

The company mainly produce electronic, cordless tools,rechargeable flashlight etc. The annual output value is up to USD 10 million. The factory possess strong technical forces, manufacture cordless tools ,rechargeable flashlight, shoe polisher.Which have carried CE!cGS!cUL!cCUL!cSAA international spprovals.The products export to United States, European countries etc. They welcomed by clients. Leading by the spirit of "Quality first, Credit first".we will try our best to supply convenient for customers sincerely.

NINGBO ETDZ XINTEYI ELECTRIC CO.,LTD
Add:
NO.12 ALLEY 88,YUANDING ST,EAST BAIZHANG
RD,NINGBO, CHINA.
TEL:
86-574-87837474 87840141
FAX:
86-574-87837472
HTTP:
E-MAIL:

------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: TMBG: Re: Am I seeing double?!?! Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:08:46 -0400 Message-ID: I am receiving multiples of almost every post sent to this list. ----- Original Message ----- From: Patty Castillo To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:06 AM Subject: TMBG: Am I seeing double?!?! Am I the only one whose receiving two of every post? Sometimes three? Just wondering... It's getting a little annoying lol -patty *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20020910155229.95973.qmail@web9606.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:52:29 -0700 (PDT) From: Doug Vincent Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: punk music --- Russ Josephson wrote: > > Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink > 182 a whole lot. > > (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly > ranks high on my list of > > good bands > > Aren't these two "grunge" bands, not punk? The Age > of Punk ended in the > late 70's, followed by the Age of New Wave, The Age > of Alternative, > and The Age of Grunge. You need to think outside of so called "musical ages", as they are are defined by the major record companies. Not only that, but how are they even remotely grunge? Grunge as a genre was defined by Nirvana, and neither Green Day or Blink 182 sounds like them. Now, I don't really like either of those bands, but they are most certainly not grunge. They are pop punk. But Green Day has always been that while Blink 182 completely changed their style to sell records (but thats a completely different story). Their chord usage and playing style definately puts them in the punk genre, and in the pop punk sub-genre. And as to other good punk bands, you forgot to list more current ones like Millencolin, Flogging Molly, No Use For A Name, Thursday, The Used... the list goes on. Unbeknownst to many, there is still a lot of good punk bands out there, the genre hasn't dropped off the map. Just like there are still a lot of great ska bands making music, they just didn't stop making music once the fad ended. It was around before and has been around since. Thats the problem with having a mindset of musical ages, it assumes that once something comes along, it can't return, and that it just sort of drops off the musical map after the age is over. I hope that sheds some light on the subject. Now back to my list lurking. ===== Doug Vincent "Its not getting what you want, its wanting what you got." ----- The Impossibles __________________________________________________ Yahoo! - We Remember 9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: punk music Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:31:56 +0000 Message-ID: Russ: >Aren't TMBG's main influences: > The Beatles > Sammy Davis Jr. > ? I'm sure there are many others, as well. They've mentioned other bands that influenced them, and Linnell once said that, if you heard something in a song that reminds you of something in an earlier song, there was probably some influence there. >They have written about: XTC, Alice Cooper, Adam Ant Also Burt Bacharach and Hal David, Menudo, Millions of Dead Cops, the Eurythmics, and probably several others I can't think of just now. The references to other artists are even more numerous and varied: Johnny Cash, Jimmy Webb, Climax, the Monkees, the Seekers, Johnny Horton, the Ramones (previously mentioned as an influence), the Residents, Guns 'N' Roses, and plenty more. I know they've mentioned hating the Rolling Stones. Not that there's anything wrong with that. > > Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:59:15 -0500 (CDT) > > From: Iiaeaux_Alod > > > Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink 182 a whole lot. > > (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly ranks high on my list >of > > good bands > >Aren't these two "grunge" bands, not punk? The Age of Punk ended in the >late 70's, followed by the Age of New Wave, The Age of Alternative, >and The Age of Grunge. > >I'm not sure what "age" we are in now--Age of Corporate Programming? >Age of Body Piercing? What do you think? Perhaps some new kind of >music is developing. Rock & roll has already mined it's past with >periodic revivals of it's own history (rockabilly, jump swing. etc.). >They even have a hall of fame, too. Well, I guess a lot of what's around today still counts as rock (I'd say "indie" and "emo" certainly do), although R&B (both as itself and as the bastardized kind sung by boy bands) and rap are pretty big now. I don't really know what the big thing is now, though. Calling the present the "Age of Corporate Programming" seems to be denying how much of that was going on in previous musical "eras." >P.S. The First Lady advises turning your TV off all day tomorrow. Why's that? -- Be your own broom, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Lauren Roache" Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:19:51 +0000 Message-ID: I am wondering how many people missed this email because their profanity filter bounced it? Lauren simlauren@hotmail.com From: "John Ferrer" Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:57:31 -0400 Message-ID: Obviously you've been lucky enough to avoid the rash of terrible punk bands who think they can make up for their music by calling their band something as horrible as possible. The Crucifucks or Christian Death leap to mind. Pissing Razors. G.G. Allin and the Scum Fucks. Yeastie Girls. Then there's Anal Cunt. _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:34:11 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio From: the hanged man Message-ID: on 9/10/02 9:19 PM, Lauren Roache brought forth the following from the ugyldig: > I am wondering how many people missed this email because their profanity > filter bounced it? The what? Do *that* many people really have this sort of thing? -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ From: "Lauren Roache" Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:40:28 +0000 Message-ID: Yeah, a couple of my friends now have filters on their work email. It's fun to play... "what am I allowed to think?" Eg, one filter blocks 'asshole', but will let 'dickhead' through... Oh - and what is an 'ugyldig'? >From: the hanged man >To: Lauren Roache , >Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio >Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:34:11 -0400 > >on 9/10/02 9:19 PM, Lauren Roache brought forth the following from the >ugyldig: > > > I am wondering how many people missed this email because their profanity > > filter bounced it? > >The what? > >Do *that* many people really have this sort of thing? > >-- >Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA >Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman >http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member > -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:16:33 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio From: the hanged man Message-ID: on 9/10/02 9:40 PM, Lauren Roache brought forth the following from the ugyldig: > Oh - and what is an 'ugyldig'? http://www.textfiles.com/magazines/CHURCHOFVR/ And I Quote: -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:22:46 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio From: the hanged man Message-ID: on 9/10/02 10:16 PM, the hanged man brought forth the following from the ugyldig: >> Oh - and what is an 'ugyldig'? > > http://www.textfiles.com/magazines/CHURCHOFVR/ > > And I Quote: No, really, this time I do quote: "Everything rose from the ugyldig, to whence it shall one day return." The ugylig is the nothingness from which life itself is constructed. It is the void where nothing exists but everything has the potential to exist. It is potential energy. The beginnings of an idea rise from the ugyldig. When an idea is in it's most fundamental state we reach into the ugyldig with our minds, and provide the sperm, releasing enough kinetic energy to transform the idea egg into embryonic form. The embryonic idea is nurtured and fed by the mind until it develops into an ideaette and then finally gathers enough energy to cast itself from the ugylig at high speed into the right frontal cortex of the brain yelling "i am idea, hear me gargle..." When we are struck with such occurances, the usual response is "oh i've been hit by inspiration". But that is not true. You have been hit by a psychotic ideaette travelling at high speed and yelling "i am idea. hear me gargle..." Some people are of course more receptive to these processed than others. These people usually have their own virtualities and need not concern themselves with with passages of inhibition or cleaning their back teeth. When an idea is born, some people will look at it and say "oh what an ugly little idea - i want nothing to do with it " upon which they will promptly lock it away in the deep caverns of their minds never to see the light of day. Everyone has lots of ideas, the ones they consider of value and importance to themselves, they keep and nurture, the others they neglect. It does not necessarily follow that an idea holding no value to one particular person, will not hold any value for another individual. It was with this idea in mind that the "Garbage bin of Thought (c) " was designed. The "Garbage bin of Thought (c) " is a huge green plastic bin placed strategically just outside of the door of the birthing room in the ugyldig. People are free to cast unwanted ideas into the bin, or to rummage through and claim an idea as their own. There is always the possibility that two or more minds will be rummaging through the bin at once and stumble across exactly the same idea simultaneously and decide that they really really really want that idea. Consequently unless an arrangement can be made, a fight ensues and the idea, becoming basically upset by the fights over it's rights, launches itself out into cyberspace, where it floats aimlessly around until it is picked up by a receptor of stray thoughts who just happens to be passing by. A receptor of stray thoughts is a person whose mind is so open that all of the traditionally important stuff falls out. So they tend to be a bit vague, but most receptive to stray thoughts and ideas. ------------ So I think maybe TMBG have their minds in the ugyldig a good bit. -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: punk music Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:54:54 -0400 Message-ID: They've mentioned the Residents so much it's just crazy. And Linnell said his favorite thing to listen to as a kid was Frank Zappa, though he didn't like the "gross" stuff. He said looking back he wished he had listened to more Velvet Underground, and I think he even said something to the lines of them being his favorite band, but don't quote me on that. Or don't quote him on that. I don't know how to say that. Anyways, I fully agree. Nothing better than da Velvets. >From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: punk music >Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:31:56 +0000 > >Russ: >>Aren't TMBG's main influences: >> The Beatles >> Sammy Davis Jr. >> ? > >I'm sure there are many others, as well. They've mentioned other bands >that influenced them, and Linnell once said that, if you heard something in >a song that reminds you of something in an earlier song, there was probably >some influence there. > >>They have written about: XTC, Alice Cooper, Adam Ant > >Also Burt Bacharach and Hal David, Menudo, Millions of Dead Cops, the >Eurythmics, and probably several others I can't think of just now. The >references to other artists are even more numerous and varied: Johnny Cash, >Jimmy Webb, Climax, the Monkees, the Seekers, Johnny Horton, the Ramones >(previously mentioned as an influence), the Residents, Guns 'N' Roses, and >plenty more. > >I know they've mentioned hating the Rolling Stones. Not that there's >anything wrong with that. > >> > Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:59:15 -0500 (CDT) >> > From: Iiaeaux_Alod >> >> > Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink 182 a whole lot. >> > (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly ranks high on my list >>of >> > good bands >> >>Aren't these two "grunge" bands, not punk? The Age of Punk ended in the >>late 70's, followed by the Age of New Wave, The Age of Alternative, >>and The Age of Grunge. >> >>I'm not sure what "age" we are in now--Age of Corporate Programming? >>Age of Body Piercing? What do you think? Perhaps some new kind of >>music is developing. Rock & roll has already mined it's past with >>periodic revivals of it's own history (rockabilly, jump swing. etc.). >>They even have a hall of fame, too. > >Well, I guess a lot of what's around today still counts as rock (I'd say >"indie" and "emo" certainly do), although R&B (both as itself and as the >bastardized kind sung by boy bands) and rap are pretty big now. I don't >really know what the big thing is now, though. Calling the present the >"Age of Corporate Programming" seems to be denying how much of that was >going on in previous musical "eras." > >>P.S. The First Lady advises turning your TV off all day tomorrow. > >Why's that? >-- >Be your own broom, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com > _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #57-10 ******************************