Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #57-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 57, Number 12 Friday, 13 September 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... TMBG: Garden light,Halogen floodlight with motion sense Of Garden & hourse TMBG: FANTACY X'MAS LIGHTS---At Bottom Price Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Re: TMBG: They vs. the Rolling Stones TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #57-11 Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants TMBG: We Produce high quality compact energy saving 80% electricity lamps Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:07:11 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... "Wry, Ironic, Whimsical, Silly, Quirky, Witty, Playful, Freewheeling, Fun, Irreverent." Oh no. The Q word! Richard >>> "D Tse" 12/09/02 06:37:39 >>> Just this: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Aigse4j576waw ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209120917.CAA05121@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Silon Electronics Industries Co,.Ltd" Subject: TMBG: Garden light,Halogen floodlight with motion sense Of Garden & hourse Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:47:08 +0800 index

First of all, We would like to inform you, ' Silon Electronics ' is the biggest manufacturer for the halogen floodlight, halogen skylight with and without motion sensor, halogen ceiling light, low voltage garden lights, garden spot light with spike, 8w and 60w hand lamp for over 11 years ago. Our factory are located in Dongguan city area in Guangdong province China. and also we have opened our HongKong office for control the shipment over 6 years ago.

We welcome you visit our homepage www.silon.com.hk and inform us which items you are interested. so, we will give you our best as soon as possible.

We are pleased to inform you that almost of our products have been passed the Nemko, Fimko, GS and CE approval. and also got the CB certificates and GIG023 inspection certificates.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Danny Koh / Director

Silon Electronics

Fax no : 86-769-3333685, 3398518 Tel no : 86-769-3333628, 3398858
E-mial : sl1629@trade-net.kyed.com Homepage: www.silon.com.hk
or: sl1629@trade-net.kyed.com    

------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209121344.GAA06608@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Taizhou Lifa Electronics Co.,Ltd." Subject: TMBG: FANTACY X'MAS LIGHTS---At Bottom Price Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:26:55 +0800 Taizhou Lifa Electronics Co.,Ltd
Taizhou Lifa Electronics Co.,Ltd. (Linhai Lifa Artware Co.,Ltd.), one of the Sino-foreign
Joint Ventures with the authority of individual export, is specialized in manufacturing
the Christmas-light sets,Christmas-tree and fallow travelling products outdoors.It is
well equipped with a modern production line and advanced quality control facilities.
It is well known for its strong technical capabilities, superior product quality and
prompt delivery.

The Company is located in the central part of the Provincial Economical Development
Zone in Linhai City with the State Highway 104 passing by, it is very convenient in
transportation.

All contacts from domestic and overseas old and new customers are highly
appreciated!

Main Products: X'MAS LIGHTS
  1.Address: Jinteng bridge,lifa road,linhai city,ZheJiang China
2.Tel: 0576-5123115/5123918
3.Fax: 0576-5123938/5126158
4.Attn.: MR DAVID YU
5.Web Site: http://www.chinalifa.com
6.E-Mail: tz1718@trade-net.bsd.st
------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:02:06 -0400 Richard wrote: Just looking at CDNOW and saw this with an expected release date of September 17th. List price $31.98. No other information though. Amazon also have it listed. Anyone else got any information?! * --------------------------------- Yes, any additional info on this would be great. I am surprised that we haven't heard anything about this from Operator Dot. Unless of course those rumors about her tragic demise in a Bronx mining accident are true. I guess we need to start planning a Eulogy. It guess it could start something like "Operator Dot is no longer standing by...". Uh, let's just hope the rumors aren't true. E "When they start the love machine and I can love again." ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:19:05 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Well eBay have a couple of copies up already and one has the track listings. I now seem to remember a discussion about the tracks a few months ago and people weren't very happy with them. It's being released on Rhino records I think. Richard >>> "Erik J. Chuss" 12/09/02 15:02:06 >>> Richard wrote: Just looking at CDNOW and saw this with an expected release date of September 17th. List price $31.98. No other information though. Amazon also have it listed. Anyone else got any information?! * --------------------------------- Yes, any additional info on this would be great. I am surprised that we haven't heard anything about this from Operator Dot. Unless of course those rumors about her tragic demise in a Bronx mining accident are true. I guess we need to start planning a Eulogy. It guess it could start something like "Operator Dot is no longer standing by...". Uh, let's just hope the rumors aren't true. E "When they start the love machine and I can love again." ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:29:52 -0700 From: "Pzickler" Subject: Re: TMBG: They vs. the Rolling Stones > >From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >Subject: Re: TMBG: They vs. the Rolling Stones >... > >John L: Right on! > >John F: We were just talking about how much we hate the `Stones recently. > >I'm not sure how serious they were, or whether they were exaggerating or >anything, but that's the quote. As has been mentioned many times in many contexts here, irony doesn't translate into print. It's pretty easy to imagine these statements being said "as a joke", isn't it? PZ ------------------------------ From: PosterKid1@aol.com Message-ID: <194.d0c50ac.2ab21038@aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:43:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #57-11 In a message dated 9/12/02 2:24:20 AM, Nathan Mulac DeHoff writes: <> But why would they take up precious time writing and recording a spoof of a band they don't even like -- and then releasing the song as a single? On some level they must have been giving the Rolling Stones their props. Of course, we're getting into a discussion of the nature of irony here. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:25:15 -0500 (CDT) From: Iiaeaux_Alod Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Message-ID: On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Richard Hilton wrote: Yes, or at least so says that website posted earlier. > It's being released on Rhino records I think. > > Richard > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20020912175722.009f99e0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:59:39 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Spy, Stormy Pinkness, and one other thing I can't remember are live, but other than that, nothing new... Track listing for Dial-A-Song: Disc One Birdhouse in Your Soul Ana NG Don't Let's Start Boss of Me Older Istanbul (Not Constantinople) Doctor Worm The Guitar Dr. Evil New York City Particle Man Cyclops Rock Minimum Wage Man, It's So Loud in Here We're the Replacements Why Does the Sun Shine? (The Sun Is a Mass of Incandescent Gas) Your Racist Friend Bangs Snail Shell Twisting Another First Kiss They'll Need a Crane The Statue Got Me High (She Was a) Hotel Detective Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head I Palindrome I Disc Two She's an Angel How Can I Sing Like a Girl James K. Polk Meet James Ensor Mammal Pet Name No! I Can Hear You Spider I Should Be Allowed to Think Fingertips She's Actual Size Spy Stormy Pinkness Exquisite Dead Guy Robot Parade Boat of Car S-E-X-X-Y Number Three The End of the Tour They Might Be Giants Hey Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had a Deal Nightgown of the Sullen Moon Snowball in Hell Purple Toupee Cowtown Quinn {http://www.angelfire.com/tx/quinncorner/index.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20020912180000.009fd970@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:00:54 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants She's Actual Size is the other live thing. From rollingstone.com: TMBG Dial Up Anniversary Anthology, tour planned to celebrate twenty years... Rhino records will release Dial-A-Song: Twenty Years of They Might Be Giants on September 3rd, a fifty-two track compilation that, as promised in the title, spans the two decade career of Johns Flansburgh and Linnell. The two-CD set will include a trio of previously unreleased tracks -- live versions of "She's Actual Size," "Spy" and "Stormy Pinkness" -- in addition to a handful of odds and ends that had appeared on soundtracks, including "Dr. Evil" from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and the group's Grammy-winning "Boss of Me" from Malcolm in the Middle. The remainder of the songs were culled from They Might Be Giants's nine studio albums, from 1986's They Might Be Giants to the just-released children's album, No!. Most thoroughly represented is the band's best-selling album, 1990's Flood, from which seven songs were drawn. "I think our entire career is 'the other way of doing it,' pretty much all the way down the line," Flansburgh says. "And that's very exciting for us. We're happy to be an example of something that works outside of the regular way it works. Just simply because of the contempt we have for the world." In addition to promoting No!, the Giants are also working on their next adult album, the follow-up to last year's Mink Car. "It's interesting, you do something like [No!], and then you can go back to exploring adult images again," Flansburgh says. "It's really good to keep yourself challenged. I think I've come to realize one of the reasons so many bands fade out is they feel like they only do one thing well. We probably only do one thing well -- or we may not even do it that well -- but, more importantly, we pretend that we can do more than one thing well." The duo is also planning to begin a lengthy tour of the U.S. to celebrate their anniversary. The jaunt will launch in July and run through August, before taking a short break and resuming in October and November. "Basically, wherever you live," Flansburgh says, "like it or not, we're coming to your town [laughs]." Quinn {http://www.angelfire.com/tx/quinncorner/index.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209130411.VAA07534@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Henan Ancai Group Co., Ltd" Subject: TMBG: We Produce high quality compact energy saving 80% electricity lamps Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:10:53 +0800 index

is a specialized green-illumination joint venture, invested by Henan Ancai Group Co., Ltd and German High-Lux Company. The phase cnproject has invested 30 million dollars, imported lots of advanced technology and equipments from German High-Lux Company so that it could manufacture 15 million pcs high quality compact energy saving lamps per year. The product has passed CCEE, CE, EMC, ETL and FCC Approval Standards and its features have reached the international leading level.

:
It can save 80% electricity than a standard incandescent lamp to get the similar luminous effect. Its average life reaches 8000 hours and is 10 times as long as that of an incandescent lamp.
: Its light is soft, comfortable, flashing-free and good to your eyes.
: 100% rare earth tri-phosphors for 82+ CRI.
: The patent technologyof 8-tube form-shaping has been adopted so that its appearance is unique. It is compact, solid, pretty and hard to duplicate.

Address:Zhongzhou Road, Anyang City, Henan Province, P. R. China
Tel:+86-372-3933369+ Fax:+86-372-3935368
Web Site:aclc.brand.alibaba.com E-MAIL:ac1710@trade-net.kyed.com
E-MAor:ac1710@trade-net.kyed.com
------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:09:50 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-A-Song:20 Years Of They Might Be Giants Message-ID: <20020912.210950.-12965.1.Garrett27@juno.com> From: garrett27@juno.com << The remainder of the songs were culled from They Might Be Giants's nine studio albums >> Wow, I was *really* hoping it would be a compilation of actual dial-a-song recordings put onto CD instead of the same exact tracks we already have. The title was what got me hopeful. Although I've never really had much faith in Rhino. IMHO they try to pretend to be all spiffy and different by picking up what could be cool projects, but in the end they're just as corporate and mundane as is possible. *shudder* And simple compilations of past work aren't extremely creative. But I'm not an expert on Rhino so I'm gonna shut my mouth now... Wouldn't that be cool though, to get a CD release of the old dial-a-songs? I'd pay for it. Garrett ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #57-12 ******************************