Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #57-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 57, Number 23 Wednesday, 25 September 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Helloooo? TMBG: Re: Helloooo? Re: TMBG: Helloooo? Re: TMBG: Helloooo? TMBG: Respirator, Half and Full Facepiece Respirator, Sorbent, Hearing Potec TMBG: NYC-experimental CD party+show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: Helloooo? Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:04:25 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Hello, hello, hello... Is there anybody out there?? I just noticed that the only email I've had with the friendly "TMBG:" at the beginning of the sub line has been spam... in the past three (3) days... Now, I know that occasionally the list will go eerily quiet, but this is just *too* eerie. Kinda like those nightmares when you were about 4, where the whole house, & the whole neighborhood, & the whole block, & the whole TOWN are completely silent, and even though you can't see anything wrong, you know that it's because everybody in town is either dead or not a person anymore, and the only living thing out there is the malign awareness that has changed your home, and your life, into a dark, ominous, alien landscape that only *appears* to be the happy, normal place that is its disguise... And now it's watching you, cause you're the last one left... Anybody know that nightmare? Well, it's happening to me now, and it's CREEPING ME OUT !!!!! Somebody please talk....? hello??..... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000501c263dc$6ed78c10$5f522909@IBMT1PADZGHKZN> From: "Mitch Harding" Subject: TMBG: Re: Helloooo? Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:09:46 -0500 Sorry, I'm trying to stay under the radar of the malign awareness, lest it consume me also. Plus, I'm trying to recover from the previous evening, during which one of the upper level managers from my job challenged me to drink tequila shots. Yikes. -- Mitch www.mitcharf.com "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - Matt Groening ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karin Highfield" To: Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 10:04 AM Subject: TMBG: Helloooo? > Hello, hello, hello... Is there anybody out there?? > > I just noticed that the only email I've had with the friendly "TMBG:" at the beginning of the sub line has been spam... in the past three (3) days... > > Now, I know that occasionally the list will go eerily quiet, but this is just *too* eerie. > Kinda like those nightmares when you were about 4, where the whole house, & the whole neighborhood, & the whole block, & the whole TOWN are completely silent, and even though you can't see anything wrong, you know that it's because everybody in town is either dead or not a person anymore, and the only living thing out there is the malign awareness that has changed your home, and your life, into a dark, ominous, alien landscape that only *appears* to be the happy, normal place that is its disguise... And now it's watching you, cause you're the last one left... > > Anybody know that nightmare? > Well, it's happening to me now, and it's CREEPING ME OUT !!!!! > Somebody please talk....? > hello??..... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:00:02 -0400 (EDT) From: Christine Fernsebner Eslao Subject: Re: TMBG: Helloooo? Message-ID: Speaking of nightmares, I had a TMBG-related nightmare a couple weeks ago. In part of my dream (the part that's semi-relevant to this list), I was watching a documentary about TMBG on tv, but unlike 'Gigantic', it wasn't very good, and there were some ugly graphics. Anyway, the tv show implied that Linnell had murdered some guy in cold blood. The documentary concluded with a shot of a bed (which looked a lot like the fold out couch-bed thing in my family's living room when I was a kid), with Flansburgh lying on the left side of the mattress and Linnell on the right. There was a small potted tree that had been placed in the middle, between them. They were lying on their backs, with their eyes closed, perfectly still. And for some reason this was really scary at the time. Just thought you should know. Christine Fernsebner Eslao [ cfe98@hampshire.edu | aim : theEndOfHistory | irc : sushiesq ] http://www.zole.org/sushiesque On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Karin Highfield wrote: > Hello, hello, hello... Is there anybody out there?? > > I just noticed that the only email I've had with the friendly "TMBG:" at the beginning of the sub line has been spam... in the past three (3) days... > > Now, I know that occasionally the list will go eerily quiet, but this is just *too* eerie. > Kinda like those nightmares when you were about 4, where the whole house, & the whole neighborhood, & the whole block, & the whole TOWN are completely silent, and even though you can't see anything wrong, you know that it's because everybody in town is either dead or not a person anymore, and the only living thing out there is the malign awareness that has changed your home, and your life, into a dark, ominous, alien landscape that only *appears* to be the happy, normal place that is its disguise... And now it's watching you, cause you're the last one left... > > Anybody know that nightmare? > Well, it's happening to me now, and it's CREEPING ME OUT !!!!! > Somebody please talk....? > hello??..... > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20020924153404.009f1ec0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:48:59 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: Helloooo? Christine sez: >Speaking of nightmares, I had a TMBG-related nightmare a couple weeks ago. >In part of my dream (the part that's semi-relevant to this list), I was >watching a documentary about TMBG on tv, but unlike 'Gigantic', it wasn't >very good, and there were some ugly graphics. Anyway, the tv show implied >that Linnell had murdered some guy in cold blood. Heh, that's interesting...reminds me of something someone said in the newsgroup awhile ago about a friend of theirs who refused to go to concerts cos they had a recurring dream about him chasing them with a chainsaw. He does have a certain demented quality to him... Quinn {http://www.angelfire.com/tx/quinncorner/index.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209250234.TAA18918@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Cea Chain Enterprises Co.LTD" Subject: TMBG: Respirator, Half and Full Facepiece Respirator, Sorbent, Hearing Potection Supplier!! Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:09:02 +0800 [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <925151.GAFCHEGE@echonyc.com> Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 01:51:28 -0400 From: Joshua Fried Subject: TMBG: NYC-experimental CD party+show Dear People-- David First's new CD, UNIVERSARY--produced by your humble servant (that's ME) and David himself--is OUT, on Analysand. This Saturday we will celebrate, David will unveil the new band, and some special guests will perform, including again your most humble servant--ME. David hasn't lost his incredible overtones, drones and poly-drums, but Universary puts it all in a true SONG format, with hooks, lyrics, the works--with suitable ear-candy and potent grooves, if I may say so myself. My cameo will be RADIO WONDERLAND: I will walk out with my FM boom box, grab some audio bits on the spot, and fire up the PowerBook and Musical Shoes to slice and dice and rhythmatize the media as it flies through the air. (In other words, the usual, and still in-progress!) I wanted you to know. Details (and list removal info) are below. Peace, Joshua Fried http://composer.home.acedsl.com/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = UNIVERSARY The New Psychedelic Pop & Drone Song-Cycle by David First CD Release Party Saturday, September 28, 2002 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. Performances by: David First and his Universary Orch AND Special guests: * Universary Producer Joshua Fried performs RADIO WONDERLAND * Jane Scarpantoni, Roy Campbell, Shelley Hirsch, and Christmas Decorations Triad 158 W. 72nd Street, NYC 212-362-2590 Doors open at 7:30 p.m. - performances start at 8 p.m. sharp $8 cover - two drink minimum Free Universary CD to the first 40 in attendance = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with sincere apologies. Want to know more? See http://composer.home.acedsl.com/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #57-23 ******************************