Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #57-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 57, Number 9 Tuesday, 10 September 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Casual wear,Working gloves,Socks and scarfs,Hat and caps TMBG: Best walking stick, wooden cane RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio TMBG: TMBG/Spiraling - what about other bands? RE: TMBG: TMBG/Spiraling - what about other bands? TMBG: Best bags~~ RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <200209090730.AAA25357@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "SINO CONCORD INT'L ENTERPRISES LTD." Subject: TMBG: Casual wear,Working gloves,Socks and scarfs,Hat and caps Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:14:07 +0800 Sino concord int'l enterprises ltd.

Brief Introduction Sino Concord Int'l enterprises ltd. is an import -export agency and manufactory, we have branch in H.K. Macau and also have an office in Zhuhai city the manufactory in Zhongshan, same province in Guangdong province. China.

Our business entered China since 1988, had introduce and bring textile garment ,and accessory fabric an fashion to world, and also provided with many clients in global market .We can supply you best price ,best quality in a different type & material accessory.

Our products made by excellent craftsmanship and perfect management systems. The products are well and widely sold more than ten countries and enjoying good reputations. We always follow to the principles of the "first class quality and prestige service to our customers is above all. In the meantime, if you need inquiry order details, please to visit our web address.

. Casual wear:  cotton,fleece,T/C, silk#~cotton Lenin, wool#~taslon.

. Working gloves: cotton, PVC, nylon, leather, rubber#~Amara, taslon.

. Socks and scarfs: cotton, acrylic, nylon, spandex, wool.

. Hat and caps: cotton, T/C, PVC.

SINO CONCORD INT'L ENTERPRISES LTD. ©2000 all rights reserved
TEL NO: +86-0756-8188779
FAX NO:
+86-0756-8188775
http: www.sino-c.com Email: si1581@trade-net.dnsart.com
ADD: 9-203,YueHai International Garden,GuoFang Road,GONGBEI, ZHUHAI CITY, GUANGDONG, CHINA
------------------------------ Message-Id: <200209090829.BAA25427@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "ALF group" Subject: TMBG: Best walking stick, wooden cane Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:21:28 +0800 ALF

ALF

A Shanghai based company, integrated manufacturers.

Products:walking stick, wooden cane

ALF group

Office base:
No.969 ChangNing Rd,Unit 2905, ChangNing District ,shanghai ,200051 P. R. China
Fax:
86-21-62255325
Tel:
86-21-32201213
E-mail:
af1601@trade-net.dnsart.com
------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:57:27 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" I was thinking Butthole Surfers was a pointlessly offensive name, but that's starting to look like The Archies compared to this bunch... Unless someone comes up with "Adolph and the Anal Rapists", I think this is just about the ultimate in gratuitous tastelessness. Karin H > -----Original Message----- > From: PosterKid1@aol.com [mailto:PosterKid1@aol.com] > Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 10:27 AM > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio > > > > << Jst letting all Aussies know that Machine Gun Fellatio age the > guest programmers on Rage on Sat. 8.9.2002 >> > > What a thoroughly charming band name! I think I'll buy > ALL their records > RIGHT NOW! > Not. > ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:57:31 -0400 Message-ID: Obviously you've been lucky enough to avoid the rash of terrible punk bands who think they can make up for their music by calling their band something as horrible as possible. The Crucifucks or Christian Death leap to mind. Pissing Razors. G.G. Allin and the Scum Fucks. Yeastie Girls. Then there's Anal Cunt. >From: "Karin Highfield" >Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" >To: , >Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio >Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:57:27 -0400 > >I was thinking Butthole Surfers was a pointlessly offensive name, but >that's starting to look like The Archies compared to this bunch... > >Unless someone comes up with "Adolph and the Anal Rapists", I think this is >just about the ultimate in gratuitous tastelessness. > >Karin H > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: PosterKid1@aol.com [mailto:PosterKid1@aol.com] > > Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 10:27 AM > > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > > Subject: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio > > > > > > > > << Jst letting all Aussies know that Machine Gun Fellatio age the > > guest programmers on Rage on Sat. 8.9.2002 >> > > > > What a thoroughly charming band name! I think I'll buy > > ALL their records > > RIGHT NOW! > > Not. > > _________________________________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:37:43 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Jesus God. I could have lived a long, productive life & gone to a peaceful grave without having known that. I guess they weren't kidding when they said ignorance is bliss.... This knowledge does, however, validate me in my abhorrence of punk music. Karin H > -----Original Message----- > From: John Ferrer [mailto:ikutmyself@hotmail.com] > Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 1:58 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio > > > Obviously you've been lucky enough to avoid the rash of > terrible punk bands > who think they can make up for their music by calling their > band something > as horrible as possible. The Crucifucks or Christian Death > leap to mind. > Pissing Razors. G.G. Allin and the Scum Fucks. Yeastie Girls. > > Then there's Anal Cunt. > > > >From: "Karin Highfield" > >Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" > >To: , > >Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio > >Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:57:27 -0400 > > > >I was thinking Butthole Surfers was a pointlessly offensive > name, but > >that's starting to look like The Archies compared to this bunch... > > > >Unless someone comes up with "Adolph and the Anal Rapists", > I think this is > >just about the ultimate in gratuitous tastelessness. > > > >Karin H > > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: PosterKid1@aol.com [mailto:PosterKid1@aol.com] > > > Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 10:27 AM > > > To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > > > Subject: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio > > > > > > > > > > > > << Jst letting all Aussies know that Machine Gun Fellatio age the > > > guest programmers on Rage on Sat. 8.9.2002 >> > > > > > > What a thoroughly charming band name! I think I'll buy > > > ALL their records > > > RIGHT NOW! > > > Not. > > > > > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. > http://www.hotmail.com > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:24:19 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: TMBG: TMBG/Spiraling - what about other bands? Message-ID: I don't want to start some kind of battle here but... Take Pinataland for example... - Everybody I know who is a TMBG fan has loved their music - They would love to open for TMBG - They are struggling to have enough money to even record their first full length album - They have never had the opportunity to open for a band like TMBG (Spiraling has)... So I just think we are getting into dangerous territory when we start signing petitions telling TMBG's management who "we" think should open for TMBG Josh On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 alyeditrix@aol.com wrote: > Good evening all! > > You might have seen this post last week or the week before. You may have > already signed. If you have, I thank you. But, in case you missed it, or > assume that your one signature doesn't make a difference...I'm posting it > again. > > One signature makes a HUGE difference. We are dealing with the age of apathy. > Many care, only a fraction sign. Signing this petition will take 5 seconds > out of your life, and will be a great service to many fans. > > Please don't put it off. My hope is to be in contact with TMBG's management > this week, in order to coincide with the release of Spiraling's new CD, > Transmitter, the week after next. Signing tonight will ensure making a > difference. > > Thanks so much, > Aly > > Below is the text of a petition I have started at petitiononline. It is not > at all disrespectful to TMBG, but rather a request to invite Spiraling > (formerly You Were Spiraling) back to be their opening act at at least some > of their shows. > > If you are reading this and are not familiar with Spiraling, you can visit > their website at www.spiraling.net . > > Please take a moment to follow the link and sign. Your email address can > remain private if you want, and it will possibly be a big help. > > Or, it might do no good at all...but, we might as well let ourselves be heard > > > If you want to talk to me before signing it, you can email me at > alyeditrix@aol.com or IM me at alyeditrix on AOL, Yahoo, and MSN Messenger, > or at 11847594 on ICQ, and I'll do my best to talk you into it :) If you > believe in the cause, and know others that might, please forward this to > them. I will be happy to discuss the mission statement with them if they > email or IM me. > > Thanks! > Aly > > ********************************* > > http://www.petitiononline.com/spirtbmg/petition.html > > TMBG: We Want Spiraling! > > To: They Might Be Giants > This petition is not truly a petition; in the traditional sense, at east. > > We, the undersigned, love They Might Be Giants, and regardless of your > actions (unless you start killing puppies or something) have no intention of > in any way discontinuing our support. > > We think you are incredible, and put on shows that can get even the most > seasoned couch potato jumping and singing along. > > However, we respectfully ask...OK, beg, that Spiraling come back to be our > opening act in as many shows as possible. We TMBG fans have grown spoiled, > and have come to anticipate seeing them when we come to see > you...and although we love you just as much as ever, we will be much happier > if the whole family is back together again. > > TMBG has long enjoyed an incredibly loyal cult-like fan base. Please > reward our obsessive stalker-like appreciation with granting us our > request...give us Spiraling > > > > Sincerely, > > The Undersigned > > > > > * Note, I am not in any way associated with either band, but am a tremendous > fan of both and look forward to seeing them work together as they have in the > past. > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG/Spiraling - what about other bands? Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:46:14 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Jish sez: > > I don't want to start some kind of battle here but... > > Take Pinataland for example... > > - Everybody I know who is a TMBG fan has loved their music > > - They would love to open for TMBG > > - They are struggling to have enough money to even record > their first full > length album > > - They have never had the opportunity to open for a band like TMBG > (Spiraling has)... > > So I just think we are getting into dangerous territory when we start > signing petitions telling TMBG's management who "we" think > should open for > TMBG I wonder how one would go about suggesting (respectfully, humbly, grovelingly...) a particular band as a potential opening band for TMBG?? I agree, from what Pinataland I've heard, they would be awesome openers for TMBG. I know the Johns must keep extremely up on current happenings in the NY-area band world, but there's no guarantee that They have ever had Pinataland specifically brought to their attention as a possible opening band. Is there any avenue of communication that could be used to suggest something like that? Without getting uppity, that is... Don't want to appear to be giving ultimatums. Karin H just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (windows-1251)] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:59:15 -0500 (CDT) From: Iiaeaux_Alod Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Message-ID: Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink 182 a whole lot. (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly ranks high on my list of good bands (Good Riddance? "it's something unpredictable but in the end s right, I hope you had the time of your life..."). TMBG is at the top though of course. :) I agree there is a lot of god awful punk music but hey, TMBG started out being influenced by the punk artists didn't they? --Iiaeaux Alod On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Karin Highfield wrote: > Jesus God. > I could have lived a long, productive life & gone to a peaceful grave without having known that. I guess they weren't kidding when they said ignorance is bliss.... > > This knowledge does, however, validate me in my abhorrence of punk music. > > Karin H > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: John Ferrer [mailto:ikutmyself@hotmail.com] > > Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 1:58 PM > > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > > Subject: RE: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio > > > > > > Obviously you've been lucky enough to avoid the rash of > > terrible punk bands > > who think they can make up for their music by calling their > > band something > > as horrible as possible. The Crucifucks or Christian Death > > leap to mind. > > Pissing Razors. G.G. Allin and the Scum Fucks. Yeastie Girls. > > > > Then there's Anal Cunt. > > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006b01c25866$aac8ccb0$046d96ce@COLLEEN> From: "Colleen Anne McClanahan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:09:08 -0400 > Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink 182 a whole lot. > (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly ranks high on my list of > good bands (Good Riddance? "it's something unpredictable but in the end s > right, I hope you had the time of your life..."). TMBG is at the top > though of course. :) I agree there is a lot of god awful punk music but > hey, TMBG started out being influenced by the punk artists didn't they? Blink 182 and Green Day are about as "punk" as my 56 year old mother. ;) It's like comparing Britney Spears to opera singer Andrea Bocelli. While I don't like listening to punk (unless it's Cat Punk: see http://www.rathergood.com/punk_kittens/ ), it really did influence a lot of the styles of music I like now. It kinda shook up the disco-drowned 70's and put some new music out there. (Was this whole post an excuse to spread the punk kitten URL? Maybe it was.) Colleen Anne ------------------------------ From: "john m" Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:12:29 -0400 Message-ID: Blink is terrible. TERRIBLE. -TERRIBLE- Real punk music is good. Blink is not real punk music. -john | official newsgroup dude -have free food?: IM 'tmbgtrigger' p.s.- *TERRIBLE* ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <129.172a5f4a.2aaea9bd@aol.com> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:49:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio good punk bands: Vandals Sex Pistols NOFX Dead Milkmen Dead Kennedys Dr. Killbot Dropkick Murphies Atom and his Package (though he's not that punk) Ramones Bad "Punk" bands blink 182 mr. t experience sum 41 any other group that is basically a boy band with guitars. there's my two cents. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <91.22e03de0.2aaeaae2@aol.com> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:54:42 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Machine Gun Fellatio In a message dated 9/9/2002 9:06:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, brodsky@uni.uiuc.edu writes: > Not all punk music is bad. I happen to like Blink 182 a whole lot. > (Maybe I'm just crazy.) And Green Day certainly ranks high on my list of > good bands (Good Riddance? "it's something unpredictable but in the end s > right, I hope you had the time of your life..."). TMBG is at the top > though of course. :) I agree there is a lot of god awful punk music but > hey, TMBG started out being influenced by the punk artists didn't they? Blink 182 and Green Day (which Flans reportely likes) are pop punk, which is quite different from hardcore punk. Pop punk usually has lots of catchy hooks (which I love) and are generally hated by hardcore punk fans for being too commercial. One of the best pop punk bands I've ever heard is Pain...if anyone else hear likes them, please let me know, I'd love to talk about them :) Oh, and with the exception of the Ramones, TMBG were originally much more influenced by new wave than punk, I think. Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #57-9 *****************************