Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #58-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 58, Number 11 Sunday, 13 October 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: misc. Re: TMBG: Re: lack of tmbg-list Digest Re: TMBG: misc. Re: TMBG: misc. Re: FW: TMBG: Re: lack of tmbg-list Digest Re: TMBG: religion of the johns Re: TMBG: misc. TMBG: TMBG - Flans in Loser's Lounge Re: TMBG: religion of the johns Re: TMBG: religion of the johns Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:16:27 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. From: the hanged man Message-ID: on 10/11/02 10:36 PM, Miranda Phifer brought forth the following from the ugyldig: > i was thinkin someting > tmbg-y...but i kinda wanted to keep their names short and simple John and John? -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:18:13 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: lack of tmbg-list Digest From: the hanged man Message-ID: >> "So, what's everyone's fav song?" Spitting Contest. -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20021011221329.009f9bd0@pop.runbox.com> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:14:06 -0400 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. At 07:35 AM 10/11/02, you wrote: >After all these years, my parrot has finally learned to whistle along to >most of Birdhouse. that is the coolest thing i have ever heard. jessie. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20021012123634.009f3380@pop.runbox.com> Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:37:07 -0400 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. Krushlinka and George. At 10:36 PM 10/11/02, you wrote: >i have two fish... >and i still haven't named them. any ideas? i was thinkin someting >tmbg-y...but i kinda wanted to keep their names short and simple, which >makes this quest a toughy. come on...bring em! i know there's got to be >something clever... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20021012123738.009f1d50@pop.runbox.com> Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:38:06 -0400 From: jessie Subject: Re: FW: TMBG: Re: lack of tmbg-list Digest as do i. it's fabulous. jessie. At 10:30 AM 10/11/02, you wrote: Y'know what I really liked, was that "Rocket Ship" song. ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: religion of the johns Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:37:24 -0400 Message-ID: I believe Linnell said in an interview that he didn't believe in God. I would guess Flans is on the fence. Thanks for following up on the interps thing from your class, I was interested to see how it turned out. And for everyone else...I just met fucking Bruce Campbell! Three minutes ago! >From: Iiaeaux Alod >Reply-To: Iiaeaux Alod >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: religion of the johns >Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:01:36 -0500 (CDT) > >Well... I did a trial run of some songs for my Pointless Songs >Interpretations unit and there were a few interesting results. Only a few >though because people kept telling me to play the songs again or play this >song or that song and we ran out of time but yeah... umm... one of my >students said that the woman in Whistling In The Dark was poisoning the >person's mind with religious beliefs (she gave the example of the Roman >Catholic's idea that same gender marriages are morally degrading). No >offense to any Roman Catholics. That brings back a question I have had >for a long time... what religion are the Johns? Kiss Me Son Of God leads >me to believe agnostic... but I shouldn't assume things. Does anyone know? > >--Iiaeaux Alod _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001e01c27218$e0fa8050$6700a8c0@BSD> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:57:48 -0700 John and John. ----- Original Message ----- From: "jessie" To: Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 9:37 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. > Krushlinka and George. > > > At 10:36 PM 10/11/02, you wrote: > >i have two fish... > >and i still haven't named them. any ideas? i was thinkin someting > >tmbg-y...but i kinda wanted to keep their names short and simple, which > >makes this quest a toughy. come on...bring em! i know there's got to be > >something clever... > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:51:15 -0400 From: Nitpickr@aol.com Subject: TMBG: TMBG - Flans in Loser's Lounge Message-ID: <47481361.73C3436E.007CDD54@aol.com> Hey people, Went to Loser's Lounge last night as they're doing their tribute to Elvis Costello. Mr. Flansburgh was one of the performers. Here's how he was listed in the program... Party Girl John Flansburgh - Resume: BFA in Fine Arts, Pratt University. Related job experience: record store clerk, parking lot attendant, pastry truck driver, bus boy, surveyor/ "people counter" in Grand Central Station, paste up artist, freelance graphic designer, guitar player and singer in They Might Be Giants. His song was great and the bio was funny. Check it out if you can. ~Adam ------------------------------ From: Matthew S Coon Message-Id: <200210122046.PAA06485@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: religion of the johns Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:46:22 -0500 (EST) John Ferrer writes: > > And for everyone else...I just met fucking Bruce Campbell! > That makes for a cool story, but I would rather meet him under less, um, intimate circumstances. No, but seriously, tell us how you met him! m@t ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: religion of the johns Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:13:21 -0400 Message-ID: He came to my school, North Carolina School of the Arts, as a guest speaker. It was very cool, he gave a lecture and a book signing in the morning and I just got back from back-to-back theatrical screenings of the first two ED's with a Q&A in between where he very cleverly shot me down. Heh. It was all very exciting. Much cooler than having a "real" celebrity. I couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. Well, for film school anyway. Sorry about the OT, everybody. >From: Matthew S Coon >Reply-To: Matthew S Coon >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg) >Subject: Re: TMBG: religion of the johns >Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:46:22 -0500 (EST) > > >John Ferrer writes: > > > > And for everyone else...I just met fucking Bruce Campbell! > > > >That makes for a cool story, but I would rather meet him >under less, um, intimate circumstances. > >No, but seriously, tell us how you met him! > > >m@t _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #58-11 ******************************