Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #58-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 58, Number 21 Wednesday, 23 October 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Spam Re: TMBG: Spam Re: TMBG: Spam RE: TMBG: Spam Re: TMBG: Spam Re: TMBG: Spam Re: TMBG: Spam Re: TMBG: Spam TMBG: Best of Gold Medal, Silver Medal and the title of High Quality TMBG: Manufacturing various types of clocks and watches Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <1035309997.3db593ada1dc5@65.57.231.100> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:06:37 -0400 From: makebase@tmbg.cc Subject: TMBG: Spam I've been out of things for a while and every once in a while I check the mailing list and end up having to delete all that spam. I know this has been the subject of discussion before but I was wondering something. Nearly all the emails I get from the list are prefixed with TMBG: in the subject line (or at least TMBG: appears somewhere in there, like after the RE: in replies). I assume, and I hope I do so correctly, that tmbg.org automatically adds that on before sending it off to everyone. I was wondering if that perhaps it was possible to have it not do that, yet require TMBG: to be in the subject line to forward the message on to the rest of the list. That way, if you are posting legitimately, you put it in your subject line (i.e. "TMBG: Spam") and it gets posted. But, if you are a spammer, you probably will just use a normal sublect line such as "Fine Quality Electronic Kives For Children And Industrial Rubber Manufacturing" and it would get filtered out because it wasn't prefixed with TMBG: and not recognized as legitimate. Does anyone think that would be effective? Also, when is Gigantic going to be shown in Salt Lake City? Shaun TMBG Citizen of Rutland, UK www.tmbg.cc Test trailer. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:45:58 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam For what's it worth I think this a great idea but I've no idea if the experts can make it work! Richard >>> 22/10/02 19:06:37 >>> I've been out of things for a while and every once in a while I check the mailing list and end up having to delete all that spam. I know this has been the subject of discussion before but I was wondering something. Nearly all the emails I get from the list are prefixed with TMBG: in the subject line (or at least TMBG: appears somewhere in there, like after the RE: in replies). I assume, and I hope I do so correctly, that tmbg.org automatically adds that on before sending it off to everyone. I was wondering if that perhaps it was possible to have it not do that, yet require TMBG: to be in the subject line to forward the message on to the rest of the list. That way, if you are posting legitimately, you put it in your subject line (i.e. "TMBG: Spam") and it gets posted. But, if you are a spammer, you probably will just use a normal sublect line such as "Fine Quality Electronic Kives For Children And Industrial Rubber Manufacturing" and it would get filtered out because it wasn't prefixed with TMBG: and not recognized as legitimate. Does anyone think that would be effective? Also, when is Gigantic going to be shown in Salt Lake City? Shaun TMBG Citizen of Rutland, UK www.tmbg.cc Test trailer. ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1035315523.3db5a9434f5f1@webmail3.namezero.com> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:38:43 -0400 From: Bryce Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam Shaun : > I was wondering if that perhaps it was possible to ... require TMBG: > to be in the subject line to forward the message on to the rest of > the list. That way, if you are posting legitimately, you put it in your > subject line (i.e. "TMBG: Spam") and it gets posted. But, if you are > a spammer, you probably will just use a normal sublect line such as > "Fine Quality Electronic Kives For Children And Industrial Rubber > Manufacturing" and it would get filtered out because it wasn't > prefixed with TMBG: and not recognized as legitimate. This is possible, but if we do it this way everyone has to remember the rule, and it has to go into the welcome-new-subscriber message and the FAQ. Plus, the ever-popular "non-TMBG:" designation would also have to be accounted for. It would probably be easier and more to the point if we just closed the list to outside senders (in other words, only post messages that came from subscribed email addresses). It accomplishes the same thing, but without any special subject line tweaking. I'm all for this. Any dissenters? Bryce ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Spam Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:44:38 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" It's that easy? What have we been waiting for?? Sign me up, Sarge! Karin H > -----Original Message----- > From: Bryce [mailto:bryce@tmbg.org] > Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 3:39 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org; bicknell@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam > > > Shaun : > > I was wondering if that perhaps it was possible to ... > require TMBG: > > to be in the subject line to forward the message on to the rest of > > the list. That way, if you are posting legitimately, you > put it in your > > subject line (i.e. "TMBG: Spam") and it gets posted. But, > if you are > > a spammer, you probably will just use a normal sublect line such as > > "Fine Quality Electronic Kives For Children And Industrial Rubber > > Manufacturing" and it would get filtered out because it wasn't > > prefixed with TMBG: and not recognized as legitimate. > > This is possible, but if we do it this way everyone has to > remember the rule, > and it has to go into the welcome-new-subscriber message and > the FAQ. Plus, > the ever-popular "non-TMBG:" designation would also have to > be accounted for. > It would probably be easier and more to the point if we just > closed the list to > outside senders (in other words, only post messages that came > from subscribed > email addresses). It accomplishes the same thing, but > without any special > subject line tweaking. I'm all for this. Any dissenters? > > Bryce > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:57:15 -0400 From: mwmiller@columbus.rr.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam Message-ID: <20021022215715.GA19887@columbus.rr.com> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 03:38:43PM -0400, Bryce wrote: > It would probably be easier and more to the point if we just closed > the list to outside senders (in other words, only post messages that > came from subscribed email addresses). I vote "aye", with a side order of "PLEASE!!!" -- Matthew W. Miller, Linux kiddie mwmiller@columbus.rr.com "It's like reading descriptions on a restaurant menu, where when you finish you can't remember reading anything." --Miles Nordin ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:46:32 -0500 (CDT) From: Iiaeaux Alod Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam Message-ID: i vote yes too. how do we end up with spam that cant even be related to TMBG songs? how can the stuff coming in be that absurd? and why does ANYONE sell _firehoses_ over the internet??? (actually some of this spam isn't that bad compared to things i get from other much more boring groups... at least its amusing... until they send the same thing 40 times... no one wants your working gloves GUYWITHWEIRDASIANNAME... we should all write viruses and send them to these people. i have a friend who wrote one that makes a squirrel dance in the corner of your computer screen to Don't Let's Start [he doesnt use them it just amuses him]... or write to the Johns and tell them to write a song about spam and firehouses and tiffany lamps.) That would make for a much appreciated very TMBG-like song. How would it go... --Iiaeaux Alod On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 mwmiller@columbus.rr.com wrote: > On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 03:38:43PM -0400, Bryce wrote: > > It would probably be easier and more to the point if we just closed > > the list to outside senders (in other words, only post messages that > > came from subscribed email addresses). > > I vote "aye", with a side order of "PLEASE!!!" > -- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:51:54 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam Message-ID: <20021022.155154.-1517637.0.Garrett27@juno.com> From: garrett27@juno.com > It would probably be easier and more to the point if we just closed > the list to outside senders (in other words, only post messages that > came from subscribed email addresses). I would like this as well... at first I thought that's what was going to be implemented but I guess nothing really happened the last time we had that big votey thingy because people didn't firmly decide. So, yeah, I vote yes on this. Maybe if anyone has any objections they could make them known, or send an "aye" to some coordinator. That way we don't spam ourselves with simple agreements from each person *shrug* although I don't really mind that because unlike other spam, it doesn't force me to download a new character set. Garrett ________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:16:54 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Spam From: the hanged man Message-ID: on 10/22/02 5:57 PM, mwmiller@columbus.rr.com brought forth the following from the ugyldig: > I vote "aye", with a side order of "PLEASE!!!" Yes, for the love of all that is holy and/or holey. -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophical Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200210230240.TAA02527@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "Shenyang Nonferrous Metallurgical Machinery Works" Subject: TMBG: Best of Gold Medal, Silver Medal and the title of High Quality Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:29:32 +0800 index.gif

SNMMW sets close co-operation relations domestically and internationally. It has signed over 20 co-operation contracts and technical trade agreements with the companies of USA, Germany,Sweden,Japan and South Africa. The export value is increased yearly.

Shenyang Nonferrous Metallurgical Machinery Works(SNMMW) is a big machinery manufacturer with a history of over 60 years. It has strong production facilities for casting, welding, forging, heat treatment and machining, as well as perfect inspection center and R&D institute of its own. All this gives it powerful ability of design, engineering, manufacturing and installation. It has obtained the certificate of ISO9001.

In SNMMW,totally modernized management and technical creation are introduced. In late years, it has developed 67 new products, 24 of which filled the gaps in these fields in China, and 13 of which were awarded the national Gold Medal, Silver Medal and the title of High Quality Products of the province and of the ministry.

E-mail:sm1722@trade-net.kyed.com or sm1722@trade-net.kyed.com
Tel: (86)024-25841843     (86)024-25873017-2394/2322
Fax:(86)024-25850683
homepage:http://www.snmmw.com/
Add:No.4 Yunfeng North Street, Tiexi District,Shenyang 110025,China.

------------------------------ Message-Id: <200210230255.TAA02560@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "TITOSH TIMEPIECES CO.,LTD." Subject: TMBG: Manufacturing various types of clocks and watches Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:52:11 +0800 TITOSH TIMEPIECES CO.,LTD.
Source All the Timepieces You Need from One Manufacture for Sale and Promotions

We specialize in manufacturing various types of clocks and watches. From designing to production, assembly to packaging, each step is carried out with fine precision. This kind of approach plus our experience and technology resources in timepieces, enable us to supply you good quality products, competitive prices, prompt delivery, and comfortable services. We also accept customer's designs and logos, these are great for sales and promotions.

Visit our website now for more ideas.(http://www.titosh-time.com)
GO FOR QUALITY
GO FOR PRICE
GO FOR TITOSH

Main Products: !owall clocks !otable clocks !owatches
  !omovements !ocalculators !oradios and more
Address: Room A-208, DongSheng WenQuan GongYu, XinPu Road, ZhangZhou, Fujian, China.

TITOSH TIMEPIECES CO.,LTD.
Tel: (0596) 2877853 2877852 2522512 Business Type: Manufacture & Exporter
Fax: (0596) 2597304 2877853 Established Year: 1997
Attn.: Mr. Henry Huang C.E.O: HENRY HUANG
E-Mail: tp1627@trade-net.dyndns.dk
  tp1627@trade-net.dyndns.dk
Brand Name: TITOSH
No.of Total Staff: 500
Web Site: http://www.titosh-time.com  
------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #58-21 ******************************