Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #58-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 58, Number 28 Thursday, 31 October 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Halloween anyone? TMBG: Fine chemicals TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #58-27 TMBG: NEW STOCK PICK: NNCO - LAST PICK UP 300% IN JUST 2 DAYS............... Re: TMBG: No.1 Wooden Guitars!! TMBG: 10/26 in-store Re: TMBG: TMBG on Halloween anyone? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.0.20021030040122.029a2e00@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:05:22 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Halloween anyone? Hey, I'll be there. I'm taking my buddy Rich, Mike Leffel, and three female friends of mine. Other than Mike, none of these people have ever seen a Giants show before. I don't think any of us will be wearing costumes, but I wouldn't put it past those girls. If you're interested in finding me, I will most likely be the half Indian kid wearing a faded black tshirt with a yellow 51 on the back. At 06:42 PM 10/29/2002 -0500, you wrote: >Hey, if anyone is on this list anymore... just wondering if you're going >to the show on halloween in cleveland and if people will be in costume. >I'm not sure I want to be the only weirdo in costume :) > >~Momerath Dylan "Failing his physics test Friday morning" Flipse Dylan Flipse - dylan@flipse.com - www.flipse.com "You're very strange," she said. "No, I'm very ordinary," said Arthur, "but some very strange things have happened to me." -From The Restaurant at the End of the Universe ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200210300936.BAA29011@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "YIXING FANGQIAO EAST CHEMICAL PLANT" Subject: TMBG: Fine chemicals Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:22:05 +0800 YIXING FANGQIAO EAST CHEMICAL PLANT
MAIN PROFESSIONAL MANUFACTURER OF BROMIDE IN CHINA

ADD: YIXING!!FANGQIAO!!EAST!!CHEMICAL!!PLANT FANGQIAO TOWN YIXING CITY JINAGSU
TEL #o86-510-7581290
FAX #o86-510-7583694
EMAIL#oyx1621@trade-net.bsd.st
URL : http://www.eastchemicals.com/
------------------------------ Message-ID: <3DBFF917.5679ADF8@st.com> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:21:59 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #58-27 > Message-ID: <3DBF1CE8.3D6F9321@tmbg.org> > Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:42:32 -0500 > From: Sarah > Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Halloween anyone? > > Hey, if anyone is on this list anymore... just wondering if you're going > to the show on halloween in cleveland and if people will be in costume. > I'm not sure I want to be the only weirdo in costume :) > > ~Momerath I'd go as a "back-stabbing liar". But I don't have tickets. ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah Berthoud, Colorado, USA "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200210301825.KAA01959@ussdefiant.ufp.org> From: "WALL STREET BULLETIN..46081" Subject: TMBG: NEW STOCK PICK: NNCO - LAST PICK UP 300% IN JUST 2 DAYS......................................................................................................................................................................................................... fec Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:25:41 -0600 [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:45:57 -0600 (CST) From: Iiaeaux Alod Subject: Re: TMBG: No.1 Wooden Guitars!! Message-ID: WOW ONE ON TOPIC! AMAZING! -- Iiaeaux Alod ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20021030205317.00a2b9c0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:53:35 -0600 From: Quinn Collard Subject: TMBG: 10/26 in-store Bed Bed Bed Cyclops Rock Dead Meet James Ensor Au Contraire Violin Robot Parade Istanbul JF: These are actually the most intimidating shows for us, cos we can actually see the faces of disapproval...We like to hide behind the lights and the PA, and of course, the alcohol. JL: This is a song from our previous effort, before the compilation thing. A children's record which-- JF: Actually, we didn't put any effort into the compilation thing. JL: I'm still reeling from the compilation. JF: Although it is my finger on the cover of the record. *cheers* Don't applaud till--there's no punchline to this story. We wanted to get sugar ants, those little red sugar ants, for the cover, but you can't buy those on-line. But you can buy really gigantic black ants on-line. What they don't tell you is they actually bite. Which was kind of a surprise. JF: So every day is Halloween for They Might Be Giants, so in tribute to that fact, and as we get closer and closer to the real Halloween, with people dressing up inexplicably--I'm not really sure, I've seen so many people in costume today, I was like "What is this, St. Mark's Place?" ...You get $5 off if you dress up! Somehing to think about. This next set of songs here is in tribute. This first song is about a guy with one eye. This is how it goes. A sort of slow, swingy, no solo, three choruses, two verses-- JL: Just do the song, they'll get the form. Guy in the audience: *something* JL: Ixnay on the ongsay. JF: Oh yeh, you can hear everything perfectly, is what you're screaming out? That's what I thought...No countoff, you come in late? JL: Yeh. *They start to play Cyclops* JF: Wait, wait, I forgot to explain this. In the spirit of Halloween, we can't think of anybody creepier than Peter Noon of Herman's Hermits. So to make it a little bit scarier we're going to sing in the voice--as if there were two Peter Noons. Singing in harmony together. For extra fear factor. JL: I think they made a movie about that. There were two Peter Noons, and-- JF: It was a cautionary tale after-school special. To teach kids how to not be Peter Noon. JL: It's interesting to try to dovetail this--what I used to think of as adult material into a show where there's clearly kids coming. But I guess the Halloween thing somehow makes death imagery ok for everybody. It's considered, uh...considered good. JF: Here's the last of the death trilogy. *They play Ensor* JL: That is it! No more death songs! We're *done.* The rest of the show, it's all going to be affirmational... JF: Christian. Christian stuff. JF: John, I forgot to put the new song on the setlist. JL: Here's a totally innocuous song for kids that apparently kids don't actually like. JF: Let's do Au Contraire. JL: Oh, all right. We'll do one that everybody...doesn't know yet. JF: No one's even weighed in on this one. JL: We've got the drum track here, if I can figure out... JF: This song features our drummer Dr. Sample. JL: So here's that song I was talking about. It's on our new record. We thought this was a surefire song kids would like but apparently quite a lot of kids cry when they hear this song. But grown-ups are into it, so we play it. *They play Violin* JF: This next song--there's actually this crazy blistering heavy metal version of this on the Rhino compilation that just came out called "Robot Parade: the Adult Version." It's actually the original version. But we're going to do the mellow version today just to avoid caterwauling. JL: Actually, it would probably drown out... JF: That's the other alternative. If you play the really loud version, no one could hear the screams. JF: We're going to be doing a signing after this next song, we want to lay down a few ground rules. Pushing counts, it's strictly first come first serve, bad vibes are always welcome, act like a freak, and pretend you're in New York. And we want to thank all the nice people at Borders, cos this is really a nice place, we like playing at Borders. We've played at a lot of record stores--they're not so nice. JL: We're not gonna name names, but... JF: We're not gonna name all the record chains that are out there. But there's just something about record store clerks--I *was* a record store clerk. I did a Blondie in-store...it was kinda weird, there was nobody there. It was horrible for her cos I was a total fan. JL: "Can you sign my record again, man?" JF: I asked her all these questions, she hated me. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <7a.2fc2cf60.2af2021a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:48:42 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Halloween anyone? In a message dated 10/30/02 4:06:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, dylan@flipse.com writes: > Hey, I'll be there. > I'm taking my buddy Rich, Mike Leffel, and three female friends of mine. > Other than Mike, none of these people have ever seen a Giants show before. > I don't think any of us will be wearing costumes, but I wouldn't put it > past those girls. If you're interested in finding me, I will most likely be > > the half Indian kid wearing a faded black tshirt with a yellow 51 on the > back. > > At 06:42 PM 10/29/2002 -0500, you wrote: > >Hey, if anyone is on this list anymore... just wondering if you're going > >to the show on halloween in cleveland and if people will be in costume. > >I'm not sure I want to be the only weirdo in costume :) > > > >~Momerath > > > I'll be there. I'll be wearing a way-too-small Dial-A-Song shirt. I'll be with another taller guy with longer hair who will be wearing the same shirt. look out! DRW [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #58-28 ******************************