Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #59-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 59, Number 15 Saturday, 16 November 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Pet albatross protection TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read TMBG: Re: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read TMBG: Dinner Bell Re: TMBG: Dinner Bell Re: TMBG: spamnation Re: TMBG: Re: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Re: TMBG: Dinner Bell Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "**~Superspanger~* *" Subject: TMBG: Pet albatross protection Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:54:05 +1100 Message-ID: >speils about grooming for your pet albatross >or using fitness balls for self defence. All backed by >a money back guarantee. Funny you bring up grooming pet albatrosses and self defence in the same sentence, cause up until now I have been using fire hoses (for protection while grooming Alby, that is) but now that my main source of fire hose information is being lost i will have to look for another form of protection. Lyndy ps I vote A all the way _________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:06:17 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Message-ID: <20021115170617.GA74713@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets At the request of subscribers I will enable next week restrictions on who can post to the mailing list. In order to post to tmbg-list@tmbg.org the e-mail will have to come from the same e-mail address at which you receive mail. For instance, I receive list mail at bicknell@tmbg.org, so in order to post my From: line must have bicknell@tmbg.org as my e-mail address. If I attempt to post from bicknell@ufp.org, it will be rejected. This should greatly cut down on spam, as spammers are not going to subscribe to the list, and go through the double confirmation system to post. If they do, they will also be coming from easily blockable e-mail addresses at that point. Some users may need to change what they are doing. Many have subscribed to the list with their @tmbg.org alias, but do not have a From line with that in it when they post. These users either need to change their From line to be their tmbg.org alias, or unsubscribe from list with the alias, and resubscribe with their real e-mail address. If you want to do the resubscribe thing, send an e-mail like this to majordomo@tmbg.org: unsubscribe tmbg-list bicknell@tmbg.org subscribe tmbg-list bicknell@ufp.org or unsubscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@tmbg.org subscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@ufp.org -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002501c28ce9$85639600$6700a8c0@BSD> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Re: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:56:50 -0800 Thanks, Leo!!! :0) Will these restrictions cover those who email to tmbg-digest, too? Signed, Nicholas Wolf TMBG Amassador to the State of New Mexico (even though he lives in California now) Member and server admin for the They Might Be Jedi JK2 clan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Leo Bicknell" To: Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 9:06 AM Subject: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read > > At the request of subscribers I will enable next week restrictions > on who can post to the mailing list. In order to post to > tmbg-list@tmbg.org the e-mail will have to come from the same e-mail > address at which you receive mail. > > For instance, I receive list mail at bicknell@tmbg.org, so in order > to post my From: line must have bicknell@tmbg.org as my e-mail > address. If I attempt to post from bicknell@ufp.org, it will be > rejected. > > This should greatly cut down on spam, as spammers are not going to > subscribe to the list, and go through the double confirmation system > to post. If they do, they will also be coming from easily blockable > e-mail addresses at that point. > > Some users may need to change what they are doing. Many have > subscribed to the list with their @tmbg.org alias, but do not have > a From line with that in it when they post. These users either > need to change their From line to be their tmbg.org alias, or > unsubscribe from list with the alias, and resubscribe with their > real e-mail address. If you want to do the resubscribe thing, send > an e-mail like this to majordomo@tmbg.org: > > unsubscribe tmbg-list bicknell@tmbg.org > subscribe tmbg-list bicknell@ufp.org > > or > > unsubscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@tmbg.org > subscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@ufp.org > > -- > Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 > PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ > Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org > * --------------------------------------------- Introducing NetZero Long Distance 1st month Free! Sign up today at: www.netzerolongdistance.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000f01c28cfb$24a68d10$6700a8c0@BSD> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Dinner Bell Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:02:49 -0800 Ok. I've been listening to this song for about an hour straight, pouring over the left-right sectioned phrases at the beginning of the song. I used to subscribe to the following: I I re re heat peat my my soup sir fit fit it it to to ge ge ther ther and and won walk der a where way But right now it seems to me that both channels are, indeed, saying the exact same thing. It's way too hard to tell. I know this has been tackled at http://www.tmbg.org/band-info/songs/interp/DinnerBell.html already, but that doesn't draw any conclusions either. Has anyone ever tried asking the Johns about this one? Signed, Nicholas Wolf TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico, exiled to California [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1037401887.3dd57f1fe6f21@webmail.xmission.com> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:11:27 -0700 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: Re: TMBG: Dinner Bell Quoting Nicholas Wolf : > Ok. I've been listening to this song for about an hour straight, pouring > over the left-right sectioned phrases at the beginning of the song. I Hrm. Has anyone tried recording the song to a wav and then using an editor to split the two sections (can't think of the right word) into two separate files, then listening to them separately? I hadn't thought about this for a long time but might give it a try if/when I get a chance tonight. --chris PS- try my webradio station listed in my sig. There's some TMBG stuff on the playlist. :) -- slothradio. are you listening? http://www.slothradio.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:09:11 -0500 From: mwmiller@columbus.rr.com Subject: Re: TMBG: spamnation Message-ID: <20021116000911.GC3701@columbus.rr.com> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 08:13:14PM -0600, Iiaeaux Alod wrote: > On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, John Macris wrote: > > And if anyone should start to miss the obscure product info once its > > blocked, I undertake to make some pretend speils about grooming for > > your pet albatross or using fitness balls for self defence. All > > backed by a money back guarantee. > YAY! RANDOM PRETEND SPEILS! i still think someone should give Them a > printout of the obscure ones... really... Dear Friend , Thank-you for your interest in our publication . If you no longer wish to receive our publications simply reply with a Subject: of "REMOVE" and you will immediately be removed from our mailing list . This mail is being sent in compliance with Senate bill 2116 , Title 5 ; Section 304 . This is a ligitimate business proposal ! Why work for somebody else when you can become rich in 51 weeks ! Have you ever noticed more people than ever are surfing the web and nearly every commercial on television has a .com on in it . Well, now is your chance to capitalize on this ! We will help you turn your business into an E-BUSINESS and deliver goods right to the customer's doorstep . You are guaranteed to succeed because we take all the risk . But don't believe us ! Prof Anderson of Michigan tried us and says "I was skeptical but it worked for me" ! This offer is 100% legal . Don't delay - order today ! Sign up a friend and your friend will be rich too ! Thanks . Dear Cybercitizen ; Especially for you - this amazing announcement . We will comply with all removal requests . This mail is being sent in compliance with Senate bill 1916 , Title 4 ; Section 307 ! This is not a get rich scheme . Why work for somebody else when you can become rich in 41 DAYS . Have you ever noticed people love convenience plus most everyone has a cellphone . Well, now is your chance to capitalize on this . We will help you deliver goods right to the customer's doorstep & turn your business into an E-BUSINESS . The best thing about our system is that it is absolutely risk free for you ! But don't believe us . Ms Anderson of Hawaii tried us and says "I was skeptical but it worked for me" ! We are licensed to operate in all states ! We BESEECH you - act now ! Sign up a friend and you get half off ! God Bless . http://www.spammimic.com/decode.shtml -- Matthew W. Miller mwmiller@columbus.rr.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:40:05 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Message-ID: <20021116004005.GA87022@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets In a message written on Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:56:50PM -0800, Nicholas Wolf wrote: > Thanks, Leo!!! :0) Will these restrictions cover those who email to > tmbg-digest, too? Yes, in fact tmbg-digest is just an alias for tmbg-list, the only difference is in outbound processing. Users on both lists will be allowed. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Matthew S Coon Message-Id: <200211160521.AAA28103@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Dinner Bell Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:21:05 -0500 (EST) I haven't asked the Johns, but I still hear both channels saying, "I reheat my soup, give it a good look, and walk away," with the "-way" in the second "away" being the "Wait-" from the line "Waiting for the dinner bell..." I.e., and and walk walk a- a- -way. Waiting for the... Just listen to it a few times with headphones on and the fader set full Left/full Right. m@t ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #59-15 ******************************