Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #59-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 59, Number 21 Saturday, 23 November 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... Re: TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... Re: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design RE: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design RE: TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... TMBG: AJ Shnack and Gigantic Clips on Dateline Re: TMBG: AJ Shnack and Gigantic Clips on Dateline Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Re: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:20:29 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read Message-ID: <20021122182029.GA61372@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets This feature has now been implemented. In a message written on Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:06:17PM -0500, Leo Bicknell wrote: > Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:06:17 -0500 > From: Leo Bicknell > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read > > > At the request of subscribers I will enable next week restrictions > on who can post to the mailing list. In order to post to > tmbg-list@tmbg.org the e-mail will have to come from the same e-mail > address at which you receive mail. > > For instance, I receive list mail at bicknell@tmbg.org, so in order > to post my From: line must have bicknell@tmbg.org as my e-mail > address. If I attempt to post from bicknell@ufp.org, it will be > rejected. > > This should greatly cut down on spam, as spammers are not going to > subscribe to the list, and go through the double confirmation system > to post. If they do, they will also be coming from easily blockable > e-mail addresses at that point. > > Some users may need to change what they are doing. Many have > subscribed to the list with their @tmbg.org alias, but do not have > a From line with that in it when they post. These users either > need to change their From line to be their tmbg.org alias, or > unsubscribe from list with the alias, and resubscribe with their > real e-mail address. If you want to do the resubscribe thing, send > an e-mail like this to majordomo@tmbg.org: > > unsubscribe tmbg-list bicknell@tmbg.org > subscribe tmbg-list bicknell@ufp.org > > or > > unsubscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@tmbg.org > subscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@ufp.org > > -- > Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 > PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ > Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1037989616.3dde76f0718a8@webmail.xmission.com> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:26:56 -0700 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read ...and there was much rejoicing. (yay.) -- slothradio. are you listening? http://www.slothradio.com/ Quoting Leo Bicknell : > > This feature has now been implemented. ------------------------------ From: "augiewan" Subject: TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:38:45 -0500 Message-ID: So, um... I guess we all need to start talking again? :) Whoowhoo!!! So anyone else completely mystified by the fact that "Gigantic" has yet to make it to Chicago? You'd think the second largest city in the US that typically requires 2 or 3 live shows in a row so the locals can all go see them would get more consideration... Augiewan- -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Chris Nuccitelli Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 1:27 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read ...and there was much rejoicing. (yay.) -- slothradio. are you listening? http://www.slothradio.com/ Quoting Leo Bicknell : > > This feature has now been implemented. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20021122125352.00a52bc0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:56:38 -0600 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... Augiewan: >So anyone else completely mystified by the fact that "Gigantic" has yet to >make it to Chicago? I don't think it's any more mystifying than the fact that it still hasn't *really* made it to NY. Of course, I've already seen it twice, so... I don't think they're intentionally *neglecting* Chicago or something. I'm sure AJ's trying to get it shown as many places as possible. > You'd think the second largest city in the US Is it second now? I thought it was still third. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20021122163109.00b16160@pop.runbox.com> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:40:27 -0500 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design At 05:46 PM 11/22/2002 +1100, **~Superspanger~* * wrote: >What can you guys tell me about the song oranges and graphic design - ????? > > >Ta, Lyndy >TMBG ambassador to Australia - Spreading the word not sure how much you know, but it was first heard, i believe, on TMBG Unlimited, which had two versions of it, one with a supercool introduction by flans, the other without. it was written for the Chopping Block web design company, that designed tmbg.com and the No! site, plus all of the interactive stuff on No. you could find the song on the Chopping Block website for a while; i don't know if you still can. but the song ended up being a cool little hidden thing on No. the end. -jessie. ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:50:18 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" The Chopping Block site used to have a cool little bio section for the staff, with animated graphics of the designers in overalls & straw hats, driving tractors & stuff, and the biogs (can't say "bios" anymore) would have them having attended the San Francisco Conservatory of Design and Citrus Management, or whatnot. It was very entertaining, and the "Oranges & Graphic Design" themesong fit perfectly. I always wondered whether the song had influenced the site, or vice versa... I can't find that section of the site anymore. Shame, too, it was cute... > -----Original Message----- > From: jessie [mailto:poisonflower@runbox.com] > Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 4:40 PM > To: **~Superspanger~* *; tmbg-digest@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design > > > At 05:46 PM 11/22/2002 +1100, **~Superspanger~* * wrote: > >What can you guys tell me about the song oranges and graphic > design - ????? > > > > > >Ta, Lyndy > >TMBG ambassador to Australia - Spreading the word > > not sure how much you know, but it was first heard, i > believe, on TMBG > Unlimited, which had two versions of it, one with a supercool > introduction > by flans, the other without. it was written for the Chopping > Block web > design company, that designed tmbg.com and the No! site, plus > all of the > interactive stuff on No. you could find the song on the > Chopping Block > website for a while; i don't know if you still can. but the > song ended up > being a cool little hidden thing on No. > the end. > > -jessie. > > > ------------------------------ From: "augiewan" Subject: RE: TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:56:31 -0500 Message-ID: You know you could be right, is one of them thar Kaleefornya cities bigger than Chicago? Augie "should have paid more attention in school" Wan -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Quinn Collard Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 1:57 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: No more SPAM, and Gigantic... Augiewan: >So anyone else completely mystified by the fact that "Gigantic" has yet to >make it to Chicago? I don't think it's any more mystifying than the fact that it still hasn't *really* made it to NY. Of course, I've already seen it twice, so... I don't think they're intentionally *neglecting* Chicago or something. I'm sure AJ's trying to get it shown as many places as possible. > You'd think the second largest city in the US Is it second now? I thought it was still third. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:58:09 -0600 Subject: TMBG: AJ Shnack and Gigantic Clips on Dateline Message-ID: <20021122.155810.-960415.0.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> From: Nicholas A ACQUISTO I don't think it's been mentioned yet on the list, since the list is mostly advertisements now for some reason, but AJ Schnack and clips from Gigantic are supposed to be on Dateline in December. He just mentioned it the St. Louis showing of the movie and said there should be more info on the website soon. He also said that they plan to have the movie nationally distributed in spring. nick ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <9.2d5f76c.2b100309@aol.com> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:00:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: AJ Shnack and Gigantic Clips on Dateline In a message dated 11/22/2002 4:59:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, tomacquisto@juno.com writes: > I don't think it's been mentioned yet on the list, since the list is > mostly advertisements now for some reason, that should be fixed as of today :) but AJ Schnack and clips from> Gigantic are supposed to be on Dateline in > December. He just mentionedit the St. Louis showing of the movie and said > there should be more infoon the website soon. He also said that they plan > to have the movie nationally distributed in spring. Yaaaaaaaay! Great news :) Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Thank you, Leo! We love you!!! Signed, Nicholas Wolf TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico, exiled to California ----- Original Message ----- From: "Leo Bicknell" To: Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 10:20 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read > > This feature has now been implemented. > > In a message written on Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:06:17PM -0500, Leo Bicknell wrote: > > Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:06:17 -0500 > > From: Leo Bicknell > > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > > Subject: TMBG: Preventing SPAM to the list -- Please Read > > > > > > At the request of subscribers I will enable next week restrictions > > on who can post to the mailing list. In order to post to > > tmbg-list@tmbg.org the e-mail will have to come from the same e-mail > > address at which you receive mail. > > > > For instance, I receive list mail at bicknell@tmbg.org, so in order > > to post my From: line must have bicknell@tmbg.org as my e-mail > > address. If I attempt to post from bicknell@ufp.org, it will be > > rejected. > > > > This should greatly cut down on spam, as spammers are not going to > > subscribe to the list, and go through the double confirmation system > > to post. If they do, they will also be coming from easily blockable > > e-mail addresses at that point. > > > > Some users may need to change what they are doing. Many have > > subscribed to the list with their @tmbg.org alias, but do not have > > a From line with that in it when they post. These users either > > need to change their From line to be their tmbg.org alias, or > > unsubscribe from list with the alias, and resubscribe with their > > real e-mail address. If you want to do the resubscribe thing, send > > an e-mail like this to majordomo@tmbg.org: > > > > unsubscribe tmbg-list bicknell@tmbg.org > > subscribe tmbg-list bicknell@ufp.org > > > > or > > > > unsubscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@tmbg.org > > subscribe tmbg-digest bicknell@ufp.org > > > > -- > > Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 > > PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ > > Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org > > -- > Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 > PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ > Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org > * --------------------------------------------- Introducing NetZero Long Distance 1st month Free! Sign up today at: www.netzerolongdistance.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Nov 22 22:51:58 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id gAN3pwt74955 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:51:58 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: (from bicknell@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id gAN3pws74949 for tmbg-list-majordom@tmbg.org; Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:51:58 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from bicknell) Received: from mail.speakeasy.net (mail16.speakeasy.net [216.254.0.216]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id gAN3gma74776 for ; Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:42:48 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) Received: (qmail 31415 invoked from network); 23 Nov 2002 03:42:57 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO [216.27.160.233]) (hotgreenhouse@[216.27.160.233]) (envelope-sender ) by mail16.speakeasy.net (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP for ; 23 Nov 2002 03:42:57 -0000 User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/10.0.0.1309 Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:42:52 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Oranges and graphic design From: the hanged man To: Karin Highfield , jessie , **~Superspanger~* * , Message-ID: In-Reply-To: Mime-version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: the hanged man on 11/22/02 4:50 PM, Karin Highfield brought forth the following from the ugyldig: > the biogs (can't say "bios" anymore) Why not? -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 Head TA Ga Tech PST Undergrad Philosophical Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #59-21 ******************************