Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #59-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 59, Number 22 Sunday, 24 November 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: No Oranges!? NON-TMBG: Request-A-Song.com Testers Wanted Re: TMBG: No Oranges!? Re: NON-TMBG: Request-A-Song.com Testers Wanted NON-TMBG: That Chevy Tahoe commercial... Re: NON-TMBG: That Chevy Tahoe commercial... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: No Oranges!? Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:26:33 -0500 Jessie wrote - "but the song ended up being a cool little hidden thing on No." Hidden Track on No!? I didn't know that. Where is it located on the CD? E ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:28:27 -0500 Subject: NON-TMBG: Request-A-Song.com Testers Wanted From: tmbg@ampersandwich.com Message-Id: <36C1932B-FEF8-11D6-B441-00039367FF1E@ampersandwich.com> Evil Critics, sharpen your tongues! Dear TMBG Fans, I've been a fan of TMBG for many, many years, so I know how open you guys are to new and interesting musical experiences. As a result, I'm asking kindly for the TMBG community's help in testing a new musical web site of possible interest to TMBG fans. The new musical project, Request-A-Song.com (http://www.request-a-song.com), is now online and ready for viewers to take for a spin. The concept of the site is rather simple: you (the viewer) send us a song title, we'll write a song about it, record it, and put it up on the web site for all to enjoy. Of course, not all requests can be fulfilled--but what do you expect for free anyway? Usually the more interesting the request, the more likely it is to be used. Please come on over and take a look. We need people to help get the site rolling by sending in requests (feel free to flood us with crap, if you wish) and listening to the music. Feel free to send us comments and suggestions about the site (go to the "contact" page on the site). Mindless insults are just a waste of energy. And no, we are not trying to be like They Might Be Giants. The influence is evident, but that's where it ends. We just figured that TMBG fans might enjoy the music. So don't bother flaming about it. Thanks. I really appreciate it. Benj Edwards ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20021123103839.00b168f0@pop.runbox.com> Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:42:00 -0500 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: No Oranges!? At 10:26 AM 11/23/2002 -0500, Erik J. Chuss wrote: >Jessie wrote - "but the song ended up being a cool little hidden thing on >No." > >Hidden Track on No!? I didn't know that. Where is it located on the CD? > >E it's on the interactive part of the cd. when you've got it running on your computer, click on "more" and then "credit", and it plays, as well as has the option to play songs that don't have games to go with them. -jessie. ------------------------------ From: "john m" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Request-A-Song.com Testers Wanted Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:56:44 -0500 Message-ID: Hey, that's a great idea you completely stole from Narbotic.com. > The new musical project, Request-A-Song.com > (http://www.request-a-song.com), is now online and ready for viewers to > take for a spin. The concept of the site is rather simple: you (the > viewer) send us a song title, we'll write a song about it, record it, > and put it up on the web site for all to enjoy. Of course, not all > requests can be fulfilled--but what do you expect for free anyway? > Usually the more interesting the request, the more likely it is to be > used. -john | official alt.music.tmbg dude -narbotic fan?: IM 'tmbgtrigger' ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01c2933c$d276d840$6700a8c0@BSD> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: NON-TMBG: That Chevy Tahoe commercial... Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:08:14 -0800 I just saw a commercial on TV for the Chevy Tahoe. All it had was the truck driving around with a voiceover. The voiceover was a poem that contained the line "And nobody knows it but me" and so near as I can tell, it was about being out in nature. If anyone has any clue what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate it if you could help me find out who wrote that poem and what it's called. Thanks. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.2.20021123171240.01269360@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:13:24 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: That Chevy Tahoe commercial... A quick google search turned up this post to some poetry forum: Author: Ryan Caiazzo (---.tellurian.net) Date: 10-19-02 22:30 I emailed Chevy and here's what they said: "Dear Mr. Caiazzo, Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate your interest in General Motors Advertisements. The name of the poem that you are seeking is titled "Nobody Knows It But Me". The poem is by Patrick O'Leary and the poem is narrated by the actor Mr. James Garner. Please go to www.media.gm.com to inquire about downloading this commercial. If you should need to contact us in the future, please e-mail us again or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time." Sincerely, Shareea Graham Customer Relationship Manager Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center At 02:08 PM 11/23/2002 -0800, Nicholas Wolf wrote: >I just saw a commercial on TV for the Chevy Tahoe. All it had was the >truck driving around with a voiceover. The voiceover was a poem that >contained the line "And nobody knows it but me" and so near as I can tell, >it was about being out in nature. If anyone has any clue what I'm talking >about, I'd appreciate it if you could help me find out who wrote that poem >and what it's called. Thanks. -- "I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." -They Might Be Giants Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #59-22 ******************************