Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #59-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 59, Number 25 Thursday, 28 November 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: DAS TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: DAS Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:11:10 -0500 Wrote Lyndy... I got a copy of Dial a song last night and even thought the only song's I hadn't heard are the live one's (stormy pinkness, a few others) I'm loving it... who else has it and what do you all think... >>> I received the CD a few weeks ago. IMHO, its pretty good. Of course I had to buy it since I own all of the major releases and figured I needed it fill out my collection. Having all the songs on two discs is nice. It is like loading up a 5-disc CD changer with all TMBG music and hitting 'full-random'. To me its funny how I start to sing the next song that is on the original CD after a song on DAS has finished, e.g. after Meet James Ensor I immediately start thinking of the first few notes of Thermostat - on DAS the next song is mammal. The live versions of the songs are pretty cool. The packaging is pretty nice. Of the 'newer' CDs though I find myself playing "They Got Lost" (I really like this CD) more than "DAS". Just my 2 pesos. E ------------------------------ From: "Patty Castillo" Subject: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:56:37 -0500 Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20021127131249.00a58bc0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:13:25 -0600 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Bill Nye rocks! And he's tied with Steve from Blue's Clues as the cutest host of a children's show. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20021127171349.00b18330@pop.runbox.com> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:17:06 -0500 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill At 01:13 PM 11/27/2002 -0600, Quinn Collard wrote: >Bill Nye rocks! And he's tied with Steve from Blue's Clues as the cutest >host of a children's show. on a totally un-tmbg-related note, i need to point out that steve has left blue's clues, and there is some crazy guy named joe hosting it now. joe, in a word, sucks. he just doesn't get it. i have younger siblings. i swear. also, bill nye is sooo soo much cooler than steve. bill nye is the shit, end of story. -jessie. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20021127183211.00a5c8b0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:36:13 -0600 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Jessie sez: >on a totally un-tmbg-related note, i need to point out that steve has left >blue's clues, and there is some crazy guy named joe hosting it now. Yes, I know. This depresses me greatly. >also, bill nye is sooo soo much cooler than steve. He certainly is. I never said Steve was particularly cool, just *cute*. Bill Nye, however, is indeed both. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:57:00 -0600 (CST) From: Iiaeaux Alod Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Birthday Bill Message-ID: On Nov 27, 2002 at 6:36pm Quinn Collard brought forth from outside The Cave: > > Jessie sez: > > >on a totally un-tmbg-related note, i need to point out that steve has left > >blue's clues, and there is some crazy guy named joe hosting it now. > > Yes, I know. This depresses me greatly. > me too. > >also, bill nye is sooo soo much cooler than steve. > > He certainly is. I never said Steve was particularly cool, just *cute*. > Bill Nye, however, is indeed both. > I used to think that Bill Nye was really cool until a recent experience at my University's Engineering Open House. He came as the guest speaker and some of my friends saw him on campus. They all had duct tape on their pants depicting together "WE LOVE BILL NYE!". They went straight up to him to show him this, and his response was apparently a hoarse "Get away from me kids, I'm busy." The same day a different set of friends reported that he almost knocked one of them over and not only did not stop to apologize, but also shouted back "Teaches you to get in my way!" This reduced my love for Bill Nye a great deal. Fortunately, I cannot assure you that these stories have not been embellished and thus it is still plausable to worship Bill. I still think he's cool. He must have just been having a bad day. --Iiaeaux Alod > Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} > > "I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go." > ~John Linnell > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #59-25 ******************************