Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #60-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 60, Number 4 Saturday, 14 December 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: CDNow Changes Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:00:41 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: TMBG: CDNow Changes Message-ID: <20021214010041.GA67864@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets For several years now I've been a member of CDNow's "Cosmic Credit" program. Basically I got a kickback of a couple percent on every CD they sold that came from a click-through on tmbg.org. It was a way for tmbg.org to get people to a place where they could buy CD's, while in some way compensating me for my time and effort in the form of free CD's I got from them. Anyway, some changes have happened at CDNow recently. Most importantly Cosmic Credit has been discontinued. They now tie into Amazon.com's "Affiliates Program". Amazon does a number of things that annoy me, including their "1-click" patent. Not enough that I don't use them from time to time, but I draw the line at supporting them as an affiliate. So, I'm sort of stuck now. I don't know any other online CD retailer with a similar program. I don't even know of a good retailer who makes stable links available to third party web sites. I don't want to just remove all the "buy it" links on tmbg.org, but I don't have any other options now. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440 PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #60-4 *****************************