Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #62-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 62, Number 1 Saturday, 1 February 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #61-9 TMBG: taint much goin on i a reckon TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3E3AF5FD.9040003@st.com> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:17:33 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #61-9 Hello, Is there anybody there? I haven't gotten any tmbg-digests since January 20. Russ ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/russj_yah Berthoud, Colorado, USA "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:29:22 EST Subject: TMBG: taint much goin on i a reckon It's quiet. too quiet. What the hell are the johns up to? it seems they're having rare spell of inactivity. Lets play What's Going to be on the Next Album....! I'm guessing they're going to be hitting us soon with the catchy "meat" of the next album pretty soon, like about four years ago when they premiered Cyclops Rock, It's So Loud in Here, Edith Head and Thunderbird. The songs Au Contraire, No Answer, Words are Like and maybe Museum of Idiots seem to have a good chance of getting on the next album but they're all pretty dern slow. Also where the hell can a bloke find that Darling Allison song? It's pretty rad, yet i can't find it anywhere online. ------------------------------ From: "Olaf" Subject: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:41:25 -0800 Message-ID: <000301c2c993$08280090$45fa2f04@olafp0d413sb8n> It's been so long since I've seen a post that I thought I might not be getting the digest anymore! Where are you guys?!? I miss my fix of tmbg, but I'll try to get things going with a cynical question: Has your passion for TMBG Music faded? Not just the low activity, but a general lack of tmbg rumblings online make me wonder if everyone for some reason decided to stop being john fanatics. Is there an event or something that you can point to that explains it? Is it because every time you glance at mink car you think of 9-11? Is it because the quality of the songs has degraded? Or is it simply oversaturation? Too many internet releases, tv and movie projects and albums full of songs we already knew? Discuss! And I mean Discuss! -Olaf Or, -Rabidium (still my online persona, and one I got from the boys. You see back in the day, I was called Rabid Child, but there were like seven other Rabid Childs, so I changed it, I took off the intellectuals and I put on there may be giants... What? Who's there may be giants? What are you talking about? I don't know... ------------------------------ From: "Justin McElroy" Subject: Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:02:20 -0500 Message-ID: I remeber a few years ago a poll on the list to see what kind of flowers everybody thought that the Johns were. You don't see that level of fanaticism these days in my humble opinion. I know for my part, though I don't think my enjoyment has dissipated I have increased my variety of bands. When I was 17, 18 TMBG was all I listened to. Nowadays I listen to as much Elvis Costello and Clem Snide as I do TMBG. I just have developed more interests. My opinion. Love, Justin >From: "Olaf" >Reply-To: "Olaf" >To: >Subject: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? >Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:41:25 -0800 > > >It's been so long since I've seen a post that I thought I might not be >getting the digest anymore! >Where are you guys?!? >I miss my fix of tmbg, but I'll try to get things going with a cynical >question: > >Has your passion for TMBG Music faded? > >Not just the low activity, but a general lack of tmbg rumblings online >make me wonder if everyone for some reason decided to stop being john >fanatics. Is there an event or something that you can point to that >explains it? Is it because every time you glance at mink car you think >of 9-11? Is it because the quality of the songs has degraded? Or is it >simply oversaturation? Too many internet releases, tv and movie projects >and albums full of songs we already knew? > >Discuss! >And I mean Discuss! >-Olaf >Or, >-Rabidium (still my online persona, and one I got from the boys. You see >back in the day, I was called Rabid Child, but there were like seven >other Rabid Childs, so I changed it, I took off the intellectuals and I >put on there may be giants... > >What? > >Who's there may be giants? > >What are you talking about? > >I don't know... _________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 02:49:19 +0000 Message-ID: Gegatron: >It's quiet. too quiet. What the hell are the johns up to? it seems >they're having rare spell of inactivity. Well, they ARE touring. Of course, it's very rare that they AREN'T doing that, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. >Lets play What's Going to be on the Next Album....! >I'm guessing they're going to be hitting us soon with the catchy "meat" of >the next album pretty soon, like about four years ago when they premiered >Cyclops Rock, It's So Loud in Here, Edith Head and Thunderbird. >The songs Au Contraire, No Answer, Words are Like and maybe Museum of >Idiots >seem to have a good chance of getting on the next album but they're all >pretty dern slow. Au Contraire isn't all that slow, but it is fairly similar to No Answer, so I'm not sure if both will make it. I'm hoping Thunderbird will make it to the next album, since it was cut from Mink Car. Since I'm Your Boyfriend Now was in the running for Mink Car, it might show up on a future album. I think there was talk of Your Mom's Alright maybe being on the next release as well. I really don't think Words Are Like belongs on a regular album, though, since it's a Battle of the Bands song. If they never come out with a Battle of the Bands album, though (which they should, since some of those songs were really good), I wouldn't mind some of the songs showing up on regular TMBG albums. >Has your passion for TMBG Music faded? I wouldn't say so. I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but that's probably largely because I've been a fan for a few years now, and not because the music is any worse or anything. That's just me, however. I have no idea why this list has been so dead as of late. It's been a while since the band has released any new material, but it seems to me that previous periods of low band activity didn't always lead to such low list activity. I could be wrong, though. >Is it because every time you glance at mink car you think >of 9-11? Well, probably not for people who got it through eMusic. >Is it because the quality of the songs has degraded? That could be an interesting discussion in and of itself, but I doubt it has anything to do with the lack of activity here. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20030131234242.00baf648@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:43:19 -0600 From: Paul Swan Subject: Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? > >-Olaf >Or, >-Rabidium (still my online persona, and one I got from the boys. You see >back in the day, I was called Rabid Child, but there were like seven >other Rabid Childs, so I changed it, I took off the intellectuals and I >put on there may be giants... it's just a good tmbg name to use I guess, too hard to pass up =) paul rabidchild@tmbg.org rabidchild.org ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #62-1 *****************************