Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #62-2 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 62, Number 2 Sunday, 2 February 2003 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? TMBG: Darlin' Allison Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:49:16 -0600 (CST) From: Iiaeaux Alod Subject: Re: TMBG: What happened? Did I get kicked off the list? Message-ID: Umm... well... I am drawing very close to the week in which I will actually teach my Interpreting Pointless Songs class... I hope to get the students to interpret The Guitar because there is no interpretation at all on tmbg.org... so if there are any further requests to get a song interpreted send them now! Now! Now! (I think I need a few more anyway). I know for sure that there are at *least* 2 people taking the class. 2! Yay! This will make for great discussion. Considering that the supervisor for my class is the father of one of my students she is sure to voice her opinions... okay I quit rambling. So... send requests. If you already have don't send again I have all the messages saved. so far the requests (or suggestions) are: 1. Spiral(l)ing Shape (which way is it spelled?) 2. Dirt Bike 3. I Palindrome I 4. Particle Man 5. Whistling in the Dark 6. Self Called Nowhere 7. Where Your Eyes Don't Go 8. It's Not My Birthday 9. Shoehorn With Teeth 10. Cowtown 11. Exquisite Dead Guy 12. Careless Santa (I don't have a copy of this one... so I probably won't do it...) 13. The Guitar I also have a number of non-TMBG songs that were suggested and I am in the process of finding copies of them. If anyone knows some virtually pointless non-TMBG songs AND knows where (online) I can find them, that would be greatly helpful. Thank you. Goodd'ay. --Iiaeaux Alod On Jan 31, 2003 at 5:41pm Olaf brought forth from outside The Cave: > > It's been so long since I've seen a post that I thought I might not be > getting the digest anymore! > Where are you guys?!? > I miss my fix of tmbg, but I'll try to get things going with a cynical > question: > > Has your passion for TMBG Music faded? > > Not just the low activity, but a general lack of tmbg rumblings online > make me wonder if everyone for some reason decided to stop being john > fanatics. Is there an event or something that you can point to that > explains it? Is it because every time you glance at mink car you think > of 9-11? Is it because the quality of the songs has degraded? Or is it > simply oversaturation? Too many internet releases, tv and movie projects > and albums full of songs we already knew? > > Discuss! > And I mean Discuss! > -Olaf > Or, > -Rabidium (still my online persona, and one I got from the boys. You see > back in the day, I was called Rabid Child, but there were like seven > other Rabid Childs, so I changed it, I took off the intellectuals and I > put on there may be giants... > > What? > > Who's there may be giants? > > What are you talking about? > > I don't know... > -- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3E3C87E7.3070204@sigecom.net> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:52:23 -0600 From: Russ Woods Subject: TMBG: Darlin' Allison >>Also where the hell can a bloke find that Darling Allison song? It's >>pretty rad, yet i can't find it anywhere online. Darling Allison is from Gordon Gano's "solo" album, Hitting the Ground, which features such artists as the Johns, Frank Black (of the Pixies and the Catholics), P.J. Harvey, Lou Reed, John Cale, Mary Lou Lord, Lynda Perry and, of course, Gordon Gano himself (of the Violent Femmes). If the listing of these artists' names alone doesn't persuede you to buy the cd rather than just downloadin the TMBG track, then let me tell you firsthand. It rocks. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #62-2 *****************************