Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #62-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 62, Number 8 Friday, 21 February 2003 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: DVD available Re: TMBG: SEXXY Re: TMBG: SEXXY Re: TMBG: SEXXY Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:42:31 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: DVD available Has no-one spotted this! "2-19-2003 Brand new DVD-release of DIRECT FROM BROOKLYN. Click here to purchase. Details and track listing coming very soon" from www.theymightbegiants.com $15 by the looks of it. Might have to but a DVD now!!! Cheers Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:50:14 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY Also on:- www.theymightbegiants.com is a version of SEXXY. As they say "a highly uncopyright-cleared remix that was made by the fine folks at Kendal Mintcake. They have applied some twenty-first century notions of copyright to our track S-E-X-X-Y. Get it while you can because the cease-and-desist orders are just minutes away. This is just a fun little blast of sound. Hope you dig it. We take no responsibility, and this conversation never happened." I really dislike SEXXY but this is a great version and that guitar lop is from the La's isn't it? Brilliant! Cheers Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1045771029.3e5533157899c@webmail.xmission.com> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:57:09 -0700 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY There's a ton of samples from other bands here. I suspect that's the "uncopyright-cleared" bit. The synth-strings at the very beginning are from Asia's "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes", if I'm not mistaken. There's another one in 0:59-1:05 from a different Asia song that I can't place at the moment. Followed by something that sounds very Ministry-ish. Ziggy Stardust at 1:45.... This could be fun. Anyone? -- slothradio. synthpop / 80s / classic alternative http://www.slothradio.com/ Quoting Richard Hilton : > Also on:- > > www.theymightbegiants.com > > is a version of SEXXY. As they say "a highly uncopyright-cleared remix > that was made by the fine folks at Kendal Mintcake. They have applied > some twenty-first century notions of copyright to our track S-E-X-X-Y. > Get it while you can because the cease-and-desist orders are just minutes > away. This is just a fun little blast of sound. Hope you dig it. > We take no responsibility, and this conversation never happened." > > I really dislike SEXXY but this is a great version and that guitar lop is > from the La's isn't it? Brilliant! > > Cheers > > > Richard > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The > service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive > anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: > http://www.star.net.uk > ________________________________________________________________________ > ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY Message-ID: From: "Bill Seybolt" Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:00:14 -0500 I was pretty excited about a TMBG remix. But, after listening, it seemed a little too much. It was a bit muddled at times. Here's what I heard along the way... There She Goes - The Boo Radleys Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice Sgt. Peppers Lonley Heart's Club Band - Beatles Only Time Will Tell - Asia Parade of the Wooden Soldiers Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie Rockit - Herbie Hancock Chris Nuccitelli Sent by: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org 02/20/2003 02:57 PM Please respond to Chris Nuccitelli To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org cc: Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY There's a ton of samples from other bands here. I suspect that's the "uncopyright-cleared" bit. The synth-strings at the very beginning are from Asia's "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes", if I'm not mistaken. There's another one in 0:59-1:05 from a different Asia song that I can't place at the moment. Followed by something that sounds very Ministry-ish. Ziggy Stardust at 1:45.... This could be fun. Anyone? -- slothradio. synthpop / 80s / classic alternative http://www.slothradio.com/ > [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #62-8 *****************************