Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #64-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 64, Number 1 Wednesday, 2 April 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: Headline News Re: TMBG: Headline News Re: TMBG: Headline News Re: TMBG: Headline News TMBG: Unrelated Thing TMBG: April 4 New Haven Re: TMBG: Headline News Re: TMBG: Unrelated Thing TMBG: Upcoming Shows Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20030402030317.44584.qmail@web11402.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:03:17 -0800 (PST) From: Hypertext Eye Subject: TMBG: Headline News Flans was killed in a car accident. So sad. *sniff* ===== John David Crafton __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more http://tax.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:08:04 -0600 (CST) From: Iiaeaux Alod Subject: Re: TMBG: Headline News Message-ID: Liar. ...I hope. Why do people send messages like this anyway? --Iiaeaux Alod On Apr 1, 2003 at 7:03pm Hypertext Eye brought forth from outside The Cave: > Flans was killed in a car accident. > > So sad. > > *sniff* > > ===== > John David Crafton > > __________________________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more > http://tax.yahoo.com > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3E8A54CF.9040802@verizon.net> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:11:11 -0500 From: Edward Kaplan Subject: Re: TMBG: Headline News Hypertext Eye wrote: >Flans was killed in a car accident. > >So sad. > >*sniff* > >===== >John David Crafton > >__________________________________________________ >Do you Yahoo!? >Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more >http://tax.yahoo.com > > > This seems kind of late for an April Fools joke, don't you think? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20030402031058.34267.qmail@web11406.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:10:58 -0800 (PST) From: Hypertext Eye Subject: Re: TMBG: Headline News --- Iiaeaux Alod wrote: > Liar. ...I hope. Why do people send messages like this anyway? > > --Iiaeaux Alod Blame Kaylum. She put me up to it. /me hides ===== John David Crafton __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more http://tax.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:16:14 -0600 (CST) From: Iiaeaux Alod Subject: TMBG: Unrelated Thing Message-ID: Okay, I asked this before but there was no response and because it was amidst all of those other favorite bands emails I'm going to give it another try. I'm organizing the Day Of Silence this year at my school (which is a day where the participants don't speak from 8:00am - 5:00pm in order to show to the people around them the "silence" that gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgender persons are forced to live in. Basically it's a gay rights thing.) Yeah, so I was wondering if anyone knows any songs by any artists that have gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender themes to them so we can play them in the hallways. Anyone know any? Thanks, --Iiaeaux Alod ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20030401225134.028cb1b0@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:51:55 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: TMBG: April 4 New Haven DESPERATELY in need of a ride back to Northampton, MA after this (87 miles). I will pay for gas and whatever extra you think would be fair and LOVE YOU FOREVER. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "People are kind of screwed up sometimes." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20030401230424.00b1f8a8@pop.runbox.com> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:04:43 -0500 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: Headline News At 07:03 PM 4/1/2003 -0800, Hypertext Eye wrote: >Flans was killed in a car accident. > >So sad. > >*sniff* I was waiting for this email. I'm glad someone remembered. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20030401230529.00b77c88@pop.runbox.com> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:06:51 -0500 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Thing At 09:16 PM 4/1/2003 -0600, Iiaeaux Alod wrote: >Okay, I asked this before but there was no response and because it was >amidst all of those other favorite bands emails I'm going to give it >another try. > >I'm organizing the Day Of Silence this year at my school (which is a day >where the participants don't speak from 8:00am - 5:00pm in order to show >to the people around them the "silence" that gays, lesbians, bisexuals, >and transgender persons are forced to live in. Basically it's a gay >rights thing.) Yeah, so I was wondering if anyone knows any songs by any >artists that have gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender themes to them so we >can play them in the hallways. Anyone know any? > >Thanks, > >--Iiaeaux Alod what's that song...by blur I think....I don't really know it, but it goes "boys who like girls who dig girls who like boys...."etc etc.... I don't know if that's a gay theme, but that's all that comes to mind besides pink triangle by weezer. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 00:07:22 -0500 From: JohnL1080@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Upcoming Shows Message-ID: <1147098F.6D70F5CD.025C476C@aol.com> Hey everyone! I'm new to the list (and fairly new to TMBG, I've only been listening for a year and a half) and I was wondering if anyone that goes to any of the upcoming shows could give an idea of what they're playing. Flansburgh keeps saying the setlists going to be different each night and I'm just wondering how different because I got tickets to 3 shows in Portland. Also, has anyone gotten the Direct From Brookyln DVD yet because I'm wondering what exactly is on it and if its worth getting (I already have the VHS). Thanks! John ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #64-1 *****************************