Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #64-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 64, Number 10 Wednesday, 16 April 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG Playing in SLC! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Jennifer Russell-Fenus" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Playing in SLC! Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:24:37 -0600 Message-ID: Wow! Cool! Too bad I will have already left the UK just a few days earlier. I am going to be in London Sept 19-30. If I didn't have to make a stopover in St. Louis on the way back to SLC, I would stay to see this show. I'm really jealous! But I can't complain too much-TMBG will be playing in SLC Wednesday, 23 July at Red Butte Gardens. It's great because I have that day off work as it is, and if I didn't, I would be taking it off anyway. Tickets for garden members can buy them starting 01 May 2003 at a discounted price (membership to the botanical gardens is $25 a year for individuals-I think the discount is $2 off per ticket). Non-members can start buying them on 13 May 2003 through TicketMaster outlets. You don't have to be a member to go. All seats are GA (lawn or cement steps). It is a beautiful venue and gigs there are always fantastic. (You can even bring your coolers and picnic lunches in-maybe bring in some coffee for the Johns). I believe tickets are $22 in advance, $25 day of show, with kids 2 and under free, 3-10, half price. http://www.redbuttegarden.org http://www.ticketmaster.com Jen Madame TMBG Ambassador to Utah PS If you haven't already, contact the theaters to Bring Giganticfilm to SLC! Out best bet is Brooke Harper with the Salt Lake Film Society (The Tower Theatre and The Broadway Centre Theaters) Brooke Harper via Tower: 801-321-0310 via Broadway:801-359-2112 Randy Allmon-Brewvie's (Mondays during the day only)801-322-3891 Cal Gunderson-Jordan Commons 801-304-4580 (Manager who will get in touch with their Booking Agency, Alamo Theater Services) >Message mainly for the UK people on the list (but those of you who may be >over here in October on vacation may also be interested!). > >TMBG are playing at the Barbican Theatre in London on Saturday 4th October. > The show is called 'McSweeneys vs They Might Be Giants' and it says 'New >York's finest literary journal throws don the gauntlet to cultish >experimental pop group TMBG. A spoken word and music event truely unlike >anything you have seen or heard before.' > >Tickets cost #10 / #13.50 / #17.50 and #20.00. > >If anyone outside the UK knows they are going to be here in October (!) and >want me to get tickets for them contact me off-list. The Barbican is about >a 10 minute walk from where I work so I can easily get tickets and you >won't have to pay a booking fee. > >Alternatively there is their web-site > >www.barbican.org.uk > >and they are selling tickets. > >I'll be there in the expensive seats! Hopefully they will tag on some other >UK dates. > >Cheers > > >Richard > > > > > > > >________________________________________________________________________ >This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The >service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive >anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: >http://www.star.net.uk >________________________________________________________________________ > _________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #64-10 ******************************