Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #64-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 64, Number 3 Friday, 4 April 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: g/l songs TMBG: Re: Gay Songs TMBG: Re: Gay Songs TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter Re: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter Re: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter Re: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: Re: g/l songs Message-ID: From: "Erik J. Chuss" Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:08:14 -0500 I don't want to beat this thread into the ground but there are alot of songs that are g/l based. Pete Towsend's "Rough Boys" off Empty Glass, Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) has a song "Les Boys" off of Making Movies. I think Melissa Ethridge has a song or two I can't think of off hand. Elton John's "Someone Saved my Life" off Captain Fantastic is about him wanting to commit suicide the night before his wedding because he was gay and didn't want to marry a woman. I am surprised a g/l site doesn't have a list of them. Have you tried a search? And of course we all KNOW Cowtown is about gay cows who live under the sea. I mean come on what else could it be about. Sheesh is it ANY more obvious. ;-) E ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001c01c2f9fb$6b4a3c90$21ad7aa8@bupython> From: "Casey Schreiner" Subject: TMBG: Re: Gay Songs Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:09:30 -0500 Of Montreal's "March of the Gay Parade" is NOT a "gay" song. It's not. It's also kind of difficult to listen to -- the only song on that CD I just have to skip over every time. They do, however, have a lot of very nice ambiguous / gay songs, including "Tim, I Wish You Were Born A Girl" and "When A Man Is In Love With A Man," both of which are very sweet and sound great. Oh yeah, Of Montreal rules. Their new album is really great, and you should pick it up if you haven't yet. My two cents. ==Casey== ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:20:01 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: TMBG: Re: Gay Songs For what it is worth I suspect there will be some stuff from Rufus Wainwright that might work. Richard >>> "Casey Schreiner" 03/04/03 17:09:30 >>> Of Montreal's "March of the Gay Parade" is NOT a "gay" song. It's not. It's also kind of difficult to listen to -- the only song on that CD I just have to skip over every time. They do, however, have a lot of very nice ambiguous / gay songs, including "Tim, I Wish You Were Born A Girl" and "When A Man Is In Love With A Man," both of which are very sweet and sound great. Oh yeah, Of Montreal rules. Their new album is really great, and you should pick it up if you haven't yet. My two cents. ==Casey== ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20030403192203.030a1940@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 19:22:41 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter DAS is back! Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "People are kind of screwed up sometimes." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3E8CD38C.5050609@verizon.net> Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 19:36:28 -0500 From: Edward Kaplan Subject: Re: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter No it's not. I just called, and it's still ringing off the hook. April Fool's was Tuesday... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20030403193918.00a0ec60@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 19:39:56 -0500 From: Quinn Collard Subject: Re: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter At 07:36 PM 4/03/03, you wrote: >No it's not. > >I just called, and it's still ringing off the hook. > >April Fool's was Tuesday... Yeh, I know it's doing that now, but it was totally working half an hour ago. I got through and so have other people today and they said it was fixed in the newsletter. I think maybe Flans is doing something with it right now and it'll be back up later tonight. They really do have the new machine set up and everything though. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "People are kind of screwed up sometimes." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <132.1d3693fa.2bbe3013@aol.com> Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:47:15 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: For people who don't get the newsletter Yeah, I called the second I got the email and it worked for me! Maybe it just got temporarily overloaded or something. Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #64-3 *****************************