Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #64-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 64, Number 6 Tuesday, 8 April 2003 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Thing TMBG: tmbg do a play doh ad TMBG: attn. FL fans!! TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows Re: TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Patty Castillo" Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Thing Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:09:22 -0400 Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:34:11 -0400 Subject: TMBG: tmbg do a play doh ad From: elias sardonis Message-Id: <3310CB4F-6962-11D7-83C2-000393D6A0B0@sardonis.com> hey all. i just saw Them in providence last night -- a good show, though not one of the best i've seen. dan's instanbul intro was the highlight of the show for me, it was amazing. i love that intro. i used to almost dread the inevitable istanbul, since, as good a song as it is, i've just heard it a million times. now i look forward to dan pulling out that acoustic guitar! otherwise, there were several songs off of "no!", which were given a more rock and roll treatment (more like how we originally were hearing them back in the day) as well as most of the tried and true usuals, and one brand new song which i had not heard (or heard of) that i quite enjoyed. also, as always, some very amusing stage banter and an (almost) successful "play along with the radio". oh, plus a "hey hey we're the monkees" cover. but seeing the show reminded me to finally write to everyone with some interesting news i've gotten from a friend who works in hasbro. apparently TMBG performed (not sure about writing) the theme for a commercial for a new line of play-doh toys called "doh doh island". being very intruiged, i asked politely and my friend was able to come up with a digital copy of the 30 second version of the commercial spot. it's very interesting. nothing groundbreaking, but hasbro is a very corporate and conservative company, so it's a little surprising they even hired the johns to begin with. i wanted to surprise them with a request for "doh doh island" at the show last night, but i figured they would only hear the "..island" part and assume i was calling out for "fibber island" so i didn't bother. i don't want to email it to the list since it is a somewhat large file (1.8MB), but i will email it personally to anyone interested. please email me off the list to request a copy. oh yeah, john f even does the spoken tag line at the end: "new doh-doh island comes with everything here. only from hasbro." -e. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <007b01c2fd75$c32862c0$fc008c41@0021434253> From: "Miranda Phifer" Subject: TMBG: attn. FL fans!! Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:22:51 -0400 i've already spoken with my local theater about showing Gigantic there...and i know the Gigantic peeps have as well. so all i need now is help from you!! any FL fans (esp those in the Daytona Beach area), please send an e-mail to the theater at webmaster@nstheaters.com , call the theater at 386-323-9842, or pay them a visit (331 Bill France Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL...behind Volusia Mall). tell them you'd LOVE to have it played there (and in case they ask...the distributor is Cowboy Pictures, the release is May 23 in NY, and it will be available to theaters nationwide this summer). i would reaaaally appreciate it!! also, the theater's site is www.nstheaters.com , if you'd like to check it out. i was also thinking of maybe having a "get together" of tmbg fans before the first showing there (if it comes, that is)...what ya think? ...so i'll let you know the dillio when i get more info!! thanks!! until later, miranda you can go to my journal for updates as well.... http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=mightbespy [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20030407223908.0232f370@pop-server.houston.rr.com> Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:47:34 -0400 From: Quinn Collard Subject: TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows Friday: Istanbul New York City Ana Ng Fingertips John Lee Supertaster Violin Cyclops Rock Why Does the Sun Shine? Particle Man Drink! Dr. Worm Another First Kiss The Statue Got Me High Spin the Dial Older In the Middle Destination Moon Au Contraire Wicked Little Critta Man, It's So Loud in Here Spider The Guitar No! Clap Your Hands Birdhouse in Your Soul Robot Parade (adult) Bed Bed Bed James K. Polk Sunday's show was exactly the same as Saturday's, with the addition of Hey Hey We're the Monkees after Statue. Flans actually took the setlist from Saturday and crossed out "Boston Avalon" and then replaced it with "Lupos Providence" and wrote "To tired to change the set. JF." in the middle (and the "to" is his mistake, not mine. He also spelled Contraire wrong.) Wicked Little Critta James K. Polk Bed Bed Bed John Lee Supertaster No! Clap Your Hands Birdhouse in Your Soul The Guitar Man, It's So Loud in Here In the Middle Au Contraire Destination Moon Spin the Dial Older Another First Kiss The Statue Got Me High Dr. Worm Drink! Violin Fingertips Cyclops Rock Why Does the Sun Shine? Santa Claus Ana Ng New York City Robot Parade (adult) Istanbul Pictures and probably reviews coming eventually, maybe. Quinn {http://home.houston.rr.com/johnlinnell/main.html} "People are kind of screwed up sometimes." ~John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.2.0.9.0.20030407231648.00b201a8@pop.runbox.com> Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:18:27 -0400 From: jessie Subject: Re: TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows At 10:47 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, Quinn Collard wrote: >(and the "to" is his mistake, not mine. He >also spelled Contraire wrong.) eep! what is this?! aren't tmbg "quirky, smart rock"? I am disappointed. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #64-6 *****************************