Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #64-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 64, Number 7 Wednesday, 9 April 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: Found a review TMBG: Bring Gigantic To Your City RE: TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Patty Castillo" Subject: TMBG: Found a review Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:37:33 -0400 Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:07:21 -0400 From: Mbrosendale@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Bring Gigantic To Your City Message-ID: <083480E8.0D492FE9.3B87DB94@aol.com> Here's a message from The Folks at Gigantic. At the bottom was my message about who to contact in Pittsburgh. ------------------- We'd like to encourage everyone in the group to make similar outreach to their local arthouse theater. Here's a few tips on how you can help bring Gigantic to your area and organize local fans. 1. Call your local arthouse. Ask who is in charge of booking films. Tell them that you have a request. (Sometimes they will tell you to contact someone at a main office for that particular art house chain.) 2. Tell the person you'd like them to bring Gigantic. They'll need the following information: The distributor is Cowboy Pictures. The movie is opening May 23rd in New York City and will be available to other cities this summer. 3. Email the Yahoo group with your contact info and encourage other folks on the newsgroup in your town to do the same. We're already close to booking several major cities, so don't be surprised if someone says, "we've already booked it" or "we are talking to them already". It's just great for them to hear from potential customers. Thanks everyone, The Folks at Gigantic In giganticfilm@yahoogroups.com, "mbrosendale" wrote: HELP BRING GIGANTIC TO PITTSBURGH! I spoke to Sarah Becker at the Pittsburgh Filmmakers about booking Gigantic for the Harris or Regent Square Theaters. She indicated that she would pass on the request for Gary Kaboly, the Director of Exhibition, and that I should spread the word for more folks to call or write him (kaboly@p... or 412-681-5449 x228). She said she had already received some requests for Gigantic and seemed optimistic about our chances. Make your voices heard! Thanks Mary Beth ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:49:47 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Heeyyyy... "Smart" and "able to spell" are not mutually inclusive. Especially for those artistic, quirky types... ;) > -----Original Message----- > From: jessie [mailto:poisonflower@runbox.com] > Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 11:18 PM > To: Quinn Collard; TMBG list > Subject: Re: TMBG: 4/4 4/5 4/6 shows > > > At 10:47 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, Quinn Collard wrote: > >(and the "to" is his mistake, not mine. He > >also spelled Contraire wrong.) > > eep! what is this?! aren't tmbg "quirky, smart rock"? I am > disappointed. > > > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #64-7 *****************************