Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 14 Saturday, 21 June 2003 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Mink Car and the new FoW album. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car and the new FoW album. Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:02:44 -0400 Message-ID: > >If you hadn't known ahead of time that they were working with a lot of >producers during a lot of different sessions, do you think you might have >liked the album better? Or do you think this would have been obvious to >you just from listening to it? I'm just curious as to how much what you >know about the behind-the-scenes stuff affects your perception of the >album. (And I'm asking anyone who wants to answer here, not just John.) > I'm tempted to say that knowing so much DID affect what I thought of the album, but Mr. Solomon doesn't seem to, so I don't know. I'm never going to let myself become that involved in the behind-the-scenes process again. Even so...I think in the end I would have basically felt the same way, though maybe I wouldn't have any problems with songs like I've Got A Fang (liked the original better) or Hopeless Bleak Despair (song I was most looking forward to since it was the only one I hadn't heard.) I think that if I had followed John Henry or the pink album from beginning to end they would still be my favorite albums...but maybe not...so from now on, any information is too much. _________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-14 ******************************