Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 15 Monday, 23 June 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: Share a story TMBG: My Gigantic Review Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <003201c338cb$ef6b2980$5b96e23f@oemcomputer> From: "James and Kimberly Mohan" Subject: TMBG: Share a story Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:38:21 -0500 Has anyone else heard this? There's a short PBSKids clip run between the kids shows entitled 'Share A Story'. It sounds just like TMBG, Linnell singing. I'd love to get a mp3 of this. If anyone knows how to obtain a copy of this, let me know. 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb to MN Boat of Car (Yeh Yeh) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20030623050432.61146.qmail@web41803.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:04:32 -0700 (PDT) From: Greg Brookens Subject: TMBG: My Gigantic Review This is a little bit of a stream of conciousness review since i'm going off of an hour's sleep since thursday. bear with me. It was a good film. I had a lot of fun. It was a lot funnier than i was expecting. The cold readings of the lyrics came off a lot better than i imagined they would. Sadly no new footage of Jon Stewart that we hadn't already seen from his daily show interview, but Conan was in it a bit making fun of himself as usual. I didn't know fountains of wayne guy was so... errr chunky. I thought the movie was going to show more of the mink car recording process, but it was mostly talking head interviews. the last third got a bit dull (even for a mega-huge fan like me) they forgot to have any jokes or anything interesting to say in that time. The concert footage could have been a little more dynamic than just close ups of the band performing. Anyone have the tonight show version of birdhouse on mp3? that sounded phenomenal. It was fun to see them back stage getting ready for shows, and the recording of a dial-a-song. It's nice to see the movie focus just as much on Linnell as Flansburgh. I realized that Flansburgh does so many interviews that a lot of what he had to say i already knew, but anything Linnell said was usually fresh to me. Anyhoo it's definately worth seeing, and i'm glad it wasn't straight to video. If you're on this list and it's in town there's no reason for you not to see it. __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-15 ******************************