Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 18 Thursday, 26 June 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG Forum Re: TMBG: TMBG Forum Re: TMBG: TMBG Forum TMBG: New tmbg clock radio stuff!!! RE: TMBG: TMBG Forum TMBG: Flans e-mails Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <6113700.1056552196129.JavaMail.mikee1@mac.com> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:43:16 -0600 From: Michael Ehrlichman Subject: TMBG: TMBG Forum I have been thinking. I regularly post to a couple of forums. They are all geared towards a specific topic or idea. The only thing I love that I don't have a forum for is TMBG. I'm thinking I would like to try to fill this need. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in a TMBG only forum. Topics might include: Lyric interpretation news/rumors concert reviews other bands TMBG fans would be intersted in General TMBG related fun Guitar tabs (any other ideas?) Let me know if anyone would be interested. Thanks, mike * ---------------------------------------------- Don't be burdened by regrets Or make your failures an obsession Or become embittered or possessed By ruined hopes remember When you take yourself for granted, Feel rejected and unwanted Know you're never just a hat ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Forum Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:57:11 +0000 Message-ID: Mike Ehrlichman: >I have been thinking. I regularly post to a couple of forums. They are >all geared towards a specific topic or idea. The only thing I love that I >don't have a forum for is TMBG. I'm thinking I would like to try to fill >this need. By "forum," do you mean a Web-based bulletin board? Personally, I find those much harder to keep up with than e-mail lists, although they're good for certain topics. Perhaps a more important point, however, is that neither this list nor the alt.music.tmbg newgroup has been getting that much traffic recently. I would imagine that a message board would suffer much the same fate. I'm not saying you shouldn't go ahead with creating a message board, but if there are any TMBG-related topics you really want to discuss, why not just bring them up here? Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <1d9.c84754f.2c2b75cb@aol.com> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:01:47 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Forum In a message dated 6/25/2003 5:58:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > By "forum," do you mean a Web-based bulletin board? Personally, I find > those much harder to keep up with than e-mail lists, although they're good > for certain topics. Perhaps a more important point, however, is that > neither this list nor the alt.music.tmbg newgroup has been getting that much > > traffic recently. I would imagine that a message board would suffer much > the same fate. I'm not saying you shouldn't go ahead with creating a > message board, but if there are any TMBG-related topics you really want to > discuss, why not just bring them up here? Not to mention that there already is a web-based bulletin board on tmbg.org (visit if you dare). Between the this mailing list, the yahoo gigantic mailing list, the newsgroup, the tmbg.org web board, and the aol board (admittedly superslow lately), I'm pretty much tmbg forum'ed out! Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:12:50 -0600 Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG Forum From: Michael Ehrlichman Message-Id: Yes, I am referring to a web-based bulletin board. I actually find the boards much easier to keep up with, personally. Mostly because I can access it from anywhere. It's better organized. And it's more of a community than just a lot of eMail. Any other thoughts? So far, it's not looking like too many people are interested . . . An example of what it might look like: http://dev.serverexpert.com Begin forwarded message: > From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff > Date: Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:57:11 PM America/Denver > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Forum > Reply-To: Nathan Mulac DeHoff > > Mike Ehrlichman: >> I have been thinking. I regularly post to a couple of forums. They >> are all geared towards a specific topic or idea. The only thing I >> love that I don't have a forum for is TMBG. I'm thinking I would >> like to try to fill this need. > > By "forum," do you mean a Web-based bulletin board? Personally, I > find those much harder to keep up with than e-mail lists, although > they're good for certain topics. Perhaps a more important point, > however, is that neither this list nor the alt.music.tmbg newgroup has > been getting that much traffic recently. I would imagine that a > message board would suffer much the same fate. I'm not saying you > shouldn't go ahead with creating a message board, but if there are any > TMBG-related topics you really want to discuss, why not just bring > them up here? > > Nathan > > _________________________________________________________________ > Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail > ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Flans e-mails Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:03:54 -0400 Message-ID: Could someone make it their official duty to post anything that Flans sends to the fan list? I know that me and a ton of other people were at some point randomly dropped and can't get back on now, and I never get to see them. I still haven't seen the official clock radio announcement, or this new one about the brass band stuff. It would help to learn about these things instead of just finding out on my own after hearing ambiguous references to them. _________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-18 ******************************