Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 24 Saturday, 30 August 2003 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: Re: My Man... Gently down the stream.... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Nathan DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: Re: My Man... Gently down the stream.... Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:47:26 -0400 Message-ID: Olaf: > > it is one of JL depressed mood songs > > like Self Called Nowhere, Hopeless Bleak Despair, and > > Montana. Which I all like a lot! > >Yeah, don't get me wrong. Those are some of my favorite songs of his >too. I know just how he feels. Those songs speak to me more than any of >the other types I think. I wonder if we could pull a Linneas and break >the Johns' songs into Class/Genus/Species? Wouldn't a lot of songs fit into more than one category (or species), though? >I think this disk is the >Johns' way of recapturing some of the sound that made them commercial in >the first place. Was TMBG ever that commercial? Regardles, what is it about Mink Car that you think is a return to a more classic TMBG sound? >And some of the songs are >overly simple, and feel very skippable after a few listens, at least for >me. I'm thinking of Bangs, which grew stale on about listen 3 and >MISLIH, which only went about 10. Of course, the latter was a single, and I remember hearing that they were going to make the former one as well, but I don't know that they ever did. >Anyway, this rambling paragraph >is mostly just to say that I think it's a pretty decent album, for the >market they were aiming at. I didn't think TMBG usually made albums with a market in mind, No! being a special case. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-24 ******************************