Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #64-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 64, Number 4 Tuesday, 6 May 2003 Today's Topics: TMBG: tonight's aladdin concert TMBG: Re: Tonight's Aladdin Concert Re: TMBG: Re: Tonight's Aladdin Concert Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3EB6128A.1B3C84F5@attbi.com> Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 00:27:43 -0700 From: Sam Subject: TMBG: tonight's aladdin concert hi, i just joined this list and i don't plan on staying on it. i just wanted to share a little story about the concert tonight. i went to all 3 concerts at the aladdin this weekend because i really love tmbg and going to concerts is what i do for fun (and goodness knows i don't get to do it enough). they were excellent shows yet i'm left with a sour taste in my mouth from the whole weekend because of two assholes who decided to be selfish. after every show i waited hopefully for a set list and the first two shows i was unsuccessful. tonight, i told myself, was going to be it. i'd get lucky and get a set list, have that little memento that would put the extra happy ending to my weekend o' fun. so when the roadies came out and started pulling set lists off the stage and handing them out, i reached out extra far (i'm short, it took work) and thought extra happy thoughts and lucky me the nice roadie put a set list in my hand. then about half a second later the jerk behind me leaned over me and grabbed it away and left with his equally thoughtless friend. yeah, it's just a piece of paper, and if i hadn't gotten one tonight, i would have lived. but to get one and then have some jerk steal it out of my hand because he has no respect for people/females/anyone-not-himself is just wrong. if you're out there, fuck you. grow up and learn to let a person keep what is rightfully theirs. and if any of the rest of you ever see this kind of crap happen at any concert, maybe next time you'd like to chip in and help the person who got screwed and maybe get them their set list back. i've never seen someone be that rude at the end of a concert and i'm really disappointed to see it happen at a tmbg show cuz i like to think of their concerts as safe and happy. here's to losing even more of my faith in humanity. -sam ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 05:25:57 -0400 From: JohnL1080@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Re: Tonight's Aladdin Concert Message-ID: <166F234E.742FF957.025C476C@aol.com> Hey, that sucks. You're probably going to be pissed when you read this but I was at all three shows this weekend too and I got a setlist at every show. Sorry you were so unlucky but I'll scan all mine and try to get them posted on tmbg.net. If it makes you feel any better, I go to concerts all the time too and always try to get the setlists but this was the first time I ever actually got one. Me and my friend also took pictures (although most came out like crap but oh well). Think about it this way: 3 awesome concerts and tmbg was happy and said they look forward to coming back here many more times. Also, would you happen to know what their intro music was? On the setlist it say "ORF" which is probably the intials for something. It was kinda opera/classical, its been used in tons of movies/tv shows/commercials, it was like "ahh ahh ah ah BOOM! ahh ahh ah ah BOOM!" Sorry again about the setlist thing, theres always next time. John ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: <16b.1e24720a.2be78d3f@aol.com> Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 05:47:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Tonight's Aladdin Concert John: > Also, would you happen to know what their intro music was? On the setlist > it say "ORF" which is probably the intials for something. It was kinda > opera/classical, its been used in tons of movies/tv shows/commercials, it > was like "ahh ahh ah ah BOOM! ahh ahh ah ah BOOM!" Sorry again about the > setlist thing, theres always next time. Well, I wasn't at any of the shows, as I live in New Jersey, but I'd bet all my pennies that I can guess what it was. Sounds like you're talking about "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff. That gets played all over the place and sounds crazy and dramatic. It sounds pretty awesome to think of that as a TMBG opener. How epic. {g} I feel bad for sam, though. I've always hoped to get a setlist and never have. And how do you grab something out of someone else's hands? Yikes. Lots of TMBG fans are total jerks, y'know. {g} Anyway, now I want to drag out my "Carmina Burana" CD. I haven't listened to it in years. Beth http://beth.blogspot.com Peter Marshall: What should you do if you're going 55 miles per hour and your tires suddenly blow out? Paul Lynde: Honk if you believe in Jesus. ~Classic Hollywood Squares [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #64-4 *****************************