Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 1 Friday, 1 October 2004 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: guitar chords Re: TMBG: guitar chords Re: TMBG: Re: Philly and NYC (then some nonsense about Joe Jackson) Re: TMBG: But you look taller on TV Re: TMBG: guitar chords and power Re: TMBG: guitar chords and power and the smell of burning Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:29:28 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: guitar chords OK, there is no way you can get away with a throw away line like that! More information please. Now! Richard >>> 30/09/04 00:01:51 >>> Hey gang: btw, i got voted Best Citizen here in Miami by the Miami New Times! Our sorta lamish "alt" weekly. Pretty cool though.! ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: Vazco@aol.com Message-ID: <6d.353e0c5b.2e8d5db1@aol.com> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:01:37 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: guitar chords In a message dated 9/30/04 4:26:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK writes: > OK, there is no way you can get away with a throw away line like that! > More information please. Now! > > Richard > > >>> 30/09/04 00:01:51 >>> > Hey gang: > > btw, i got voted Best Citizen here in Miami by the Miami New Times! > Our sorta lamish "alt" weekly. Pretty cool though.! > In a message dated 9/30/04 4:26:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK writes: > OK, there is no way you can get away with a throw away line like that! > More information please. Now! > > Richard > Okay, you asked for it, you got it. No stalkers please. :-) And yes, Im old. Ive been a fan of the boys since the first single. Oh, and yes, Im the one who yelled at Quinn at the "other things" show. Sorry girl! Mario, who plans to use his power for good :-) http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2004-05-13/bestcitylife/citylife66.html http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2004-05-13/bestdiversions/diversions72.html (I even get to mention TMBG in this one!) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] I wish I could go. I was at the tour opening in Columbus so it would be cool to go to the tour closer. But I have a Girl Scout environmental project for three troops in the morning. Then in the evening is my high school senior daughter's "Senior Night" soccer game. My family will just have to put up with me playong Mink Car and Apollo 18 in the car all weekend. Sailorlorien --- nhlgirl22@sbcglobal.net wrote: > I know, its crazy that its not sold out. I'm coming > all the way from ST. > LOUIS, and I'm meeting up with a gal who's driving > up from Connecticut. I > bought my tickets the weekend they went on sale. I > can't WAIT for the > concerts! > > ~Kim > > "And now try to follow me, because I'm gonna be > moving in a kind of circular > motion, so if you pay attention, there will be a > point!" - Swimming with > Sharks > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Dylan Flipse" > To: "List" > Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:19 PM > Subject: TMBG: Philly and NYC (then some nonsense > about Joe Jackson) > > > > This message quickly devolves into aproximately > trifold NOT studying for > > my first med school exams. > > > > Speaking of those exams, they are convienently on > Thursday and Friday of > > this week. Which means that I will not be able to > see They Might Be > > Giants right in town (Philadelphia) on Thursday > night as would be easy, > > simple, and good. > > > > So I'll be roadtripping to New York City on > Saturday to catch the last > > show of the tour. Why is this interesting to you? > Well, I can give you a > > ride AND I have a spare ticket. I have three > tickets total, and right > > now it's me and one of my classmates, planning to > go up and return the > > same day. Also, I can't believe that this show > isn't sold out. Do people > > hate Travis Morrison? What in the name of Mike > "Embryonic Whale, then > > Monkey With No Tail" Leffel(*) is going on here? > > > > I mean, in all honesty, are people just lazy > getting tickets, is the > > Irving Plaza much larger than I've imagined it, or > are people not > > reading the Writing On The Wall? I'm not saying > this is definitely the > > end of the band as we know it, but it'd be foolish > not to at least > > consider the possibility that this is the last > show for They Might Be > > Giants. > > > > On the subject of wasting time while I need to be > studying for exams- > > I decided to download some episodes of Freaks and > Greeks > > I watched a bit of one (Episode 11 - Looks and > Books) > > "Hey can you put on some real music, I hate this > New Wave crap." > > "No no, leave it on, that's Joe Jackson. His bass > player is > > unbelieveble, man!" > > So that's *obviously* a They Might Be Giants > reference, a super-sly nod > > to TMBG's former bassist Graham Maby. > > Yes, I'm kidding. > > > > (*)First one to post the story of why Mike Leffel > was an Embryonic > > Whale, then a Monkey With No Tail gets a cookie > from me. And I make > > excellent cookies. > > > > Dylan "Keeping It Real, Because It Is In Constant > Danger Of Being Made > > Fake" Flipse > > -- > > Dylan Flipse - dylan@flipse.com - www.flipse.com > > "You're very strange," she said. "No, I'm very > ordinary," said > > Arthur, "but some very strange things have > happened to me." > > -From The Restaurant at the End of the Universe > > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Sep 30 10:34:06 2004 Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (majordom@localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i8UEY6Ls046724 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=NO) for ; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:06 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9/Submit) id i8UEY6UY046723 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:06 -0400 (EDT) Received: from crs.loc.gov (crsgwgate.loc.gov [140.147.132.100]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i8UEY5Lr046717 for ; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:06 -0400 (EDT) Received: from CRSMAIL-MTA by crs.loc.gov with Novell_GroupWise; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:33:57 -0400 Message-Id: X-Mailer: Novell GroupWise Internet Agent 6.5.2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:33:43 -0400 From: "Christina Miller" To: Subject: Re: TMBG: But you look taller on TV Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=__Part3B1B2B57.0__=" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Christina Miller" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. --=__Part3B1B2B57.0__= Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit >>> Quinn Collard 9/29/2004 10:35:19 PM >>> Quinn: >>look like you thought they would? Or did they look totally different from >>what you expected? >I swear to god, every time I see them Linnell looks better. I have no idea how he does it. Now there's a _fan_! Bathing in the blood of unbaptized infants or virgins works if you want accelerating beauty, I hear. Although it leaves a ferocious ring around your bathtub. Here's a quote for you, then: "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Francis Bacon >The first time my mom saw him (which was under sort of a strange set of >circumstances, but we don't need to get into that) she said he was shorter >than he expected, and something about "I expected him to be taller because >he's so skinny." I'm prepared for famous people to look shorter than I had imagined, with oversized lollipop heads. I was interested that Mr. Flansburgh didn't - he looked exactly as he does in photos and on TV, except his eyes. His eyes were serious and sharp, not relaxed. I wouldn't play poker with him unless he was already drunker than I. :) Mr. Linnell looked not a thing like his photograph. --=__Part3B1B2B57.0__= Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Description: HTML
>>> Quinn Collard <selfcallednowhere@houston.rr.com> = 9/29/2004 10:35:19 PM >>>
Quinn:

>>look like you thought = they would?  Or did they look totally different from
>>what = you expected?

>I swear to god, every time I see them Linnell = looks better. I have no idea how he does it.

<laughs>  Now there's a = _fan_!  Bathing in the blood of unbaptized infants or virgins works = if you want accelerating beauty, I hear.  Although it leaves a = ferocious ring around your bathtub.

Here's a quote for you, then:   = "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the = proportion." - Francis Bacon

>The first time my mom saw him (which was = under sort of a strange set of
>circumstances, but we don't need to = get into that) she said he was shorter
>than he expected, and = something about "I expected him to be taller because
>he's so = skinny."

I'm prepared for famous people to look shorter than I had = imagined, with oversized lollipop heads.  I was interested that = Mr. Flansburgh didn't - he looked exactly as he does in photos and on TV, = except his eyes.  His eyes were serious and sharp, not relaxed.  = I wouldn't play poker with him unless he was already drunker than I. = :)  Mr. Linnell looked not a thing like his photograph.
--=__Part3B1B2B57.0__=-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Sep 30 11:57:47 2004 Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (majordom@localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i8UFvlLs050489 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=NO) for ; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:57:47 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9/Submit) id i8UFvlxR050488 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:57:47 -0400 (EDT) Received: from hotmail.com (bay18-f35.bay18.hotmail.com [65.54.187.85]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i8UFvkLr050477 for ; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:57:46 -0400 (EDT) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:40:21 -0700 Received: from 141.153.56.180 by by18fd.bay18.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:39:42 GMT X-Originating-IP: [141.153.56.180] X-Originating-Email: [tmbgman@hotmail.com] X-Sender: tmbgman@hotmail.com From: "Justin McElroy" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: guitar chords and power Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:39:42 -0400 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Sep 2004 15:40:21.0969 (UTC) FILETIME=[CBD4FC10:01C4A703] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Justin McElroy" Yet again, the TMBG fandom has been inserted in the highest eschelon of influence. OUR POWER GROWS INFINITE! THE TIME IS NOW! Ok. I'm sorry. Congratulations Mario! Sincerely, Justin McElroy Oh, and, you should check out www.tmbw.net for tons of guitar chords. >From: Vazco@aol.com >Reply-To: Vazco@aol.com >To: RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK, tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: guitar chords >Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:01:37 EDT > >In a message dated 9/30/04 4:26:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK writes: > > > OK, there is no way you can get away with a throw away line like that! > > More information please. Now! > > > > Richard > > > > >>> 30/09/04 00:01:51 >>> > > Hey gang: > > > > btw, i got voted Best Citizen here in Miami by the Miami New Times! > > Our sorta lamish "alt" weekly. Pretty cool though.! > > > >In a message dated 9/30/04 4:26:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK writes: > > > OK, there is no way you can get away with a throw away line like that! > > More information please. Now! > > > > Richard > > > > >Okay, you asked for it, you got it. No stalkers please. :-) > >And yes, Im old. Ive been a fan of the boys since the first single. > >Oh, and yes, Im the one who yelled at Quinn at the "other things" show. >Sorry >girl! > >Mario, who plans to use his power for good :-) > > >http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2004-05-13/bestcitylife/citylife66.html > > > >http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2004-05-13/bestdiversions/diversions72.html > > >(I even get to mention TMBG in this one!) _________________________________________________________________ Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Sep 30 12:27:02 2004 Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (majordom@localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i8UGR1Ls051808 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=NO) for ; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:27:02 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9/Submit) id i8UGR15i051807 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:27:01 -0400 (EDT) Received: from crs.loc.gov (crsgwgate.loc.gov [140.147.132.100]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i8UGQxLr051799 for ; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:27:01 -0400 (EDT) Received: from CRSMAIL-MTA by crs.loc.gov with Novell_GroupWise; Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:26:46 -0400 Message-Id: X-Mailer: Novell GroupWise Internet Agent 6.5.2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:26:33 -0400 From: "Christina Miller" To: Subject: Re: TMBG: guitar chords and power and the smell of burning autumn leaves Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=__PartEFCFFFA9.0__=" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Christina Miller" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. --=__PartEFCFFFA9.0__= Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit SSSSssssshhhhhhhh! Comrade Justin, have patience.... we still have a few more institutions to infiltrate before we can launch The Plan. Soon, soon. >>> "Justin McElroy" 9/30/2004 11:39:42 AM >>> Yet again, the TMBG fandom has been inserted in the highest eschelon of influence. OUR POWER GROWS INFINITE! THE TIME IS NOW! Ok. I'm sorry. Congratulations Mario! Sincerely, Justin McElroy Oh, and, you should check out www.tmbw.net for tons of guitar chords. --=__PartEFCFFFA9.0__= Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Description: HTML
SSSSssssshhhhhhhh!  Comrade Justin, have patience.... we still = have a few more institutions to infiltrate before we can launch The = Plan. 

Soon, soon. <cackles>
>>> "Justin McElroy" <tmbgman@hotmail.com> 9/30/2004 = 11:39:42 AM >>>
Yet again, the TMBG fandom has been inserted = in the highest eschelon of
influence. OUR POWER GROWS INFINITE!  = THE TIME IS NOW!

Ok. I'm sorry.

Congratulations Mario!
Sincerely,

Justin McElroy

Oh, and, you should check out www.tmbw.net for tons of guitar chords.

--=__PartEFCFFFA9.0__=-- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-1 *****************************