Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 14 Thursday, 15 July 2004 Today's Topics: TMBG: surfs alone Re: TMBG: surfs alone TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #65-13 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:05:27 -0400 From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Subject: TMBG: surfs alone Message-ID: <68BF567B.41CC3180.024BC21A@aol.com> sooo... is the alleged spine surfs alone ONLY available for download? looked for it in the record store yesterday but came up with nothing. after several listens in different circumstances (but not yet the crucial headphones on the subway test) The Spine is holding up pretty nice! i mean yeah, Thunderbird sans rock is a little disapointing but i dont know, i cant hold it against them and its not BAD but a little sedated and obvious, no? i just remember the first time i heard it whenever at the bowery ballroom, linnell playing it only doing vocals, looking very uncomfortable alone in the middle of the stage and the full ROCK band behind and somehow capturing the cheap giddy self destructive anguish of a whole life of teenage alcholism. my heart stopped. but i guess on record they should stick to the rollicking orchestral majesty of oh i dunno Museum of Idiots. s'one of the only john linnell songs i can think of where the music says a lot more than the words. and thats saying something. really though- thunderbird, renew my subscription, til my head falls off- more songs about tragic addiction, please! and did anyone else think it was kind of funny that flansburgh flies home to feed his cats? lizzy "...I see your white house and I want to paint it black..." -firewater ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:17:29 -0400 From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: surfs alone Message-ID: <36847498.608411D9.0004C8AF@aol.com> In a message dated 7/14/2004 10:05:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, GoodOmenz@aol.com writes: >sooo... is the alleged spine surfs alone ONLY available for download? looked for it in the record store yesterday but came up with nothing. Hi, Liz! It's also available in hard copy form from tmbg.com ($10 by itself, $3 if you order it with The Spine as I did). I haven't gotten mine yet (they shipped on the release date), but a few people have said they like the ep as much or even better than The Spine, so it should be wort getting! Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20040714163548.73397.qmail@web14311.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:35:48 -0700 (PDT) From: Joshua Mason Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #65-13 Hey listies The track list on the US versions is the same as on the UK one, according to your list. I havent picked a favorite yet, but bastard, prevenge, stalk of wheat, and experimental film are vying for that spot. The hidden track is awesome. Yup. Im just kidding. didnt find a hidden track... but as a last comment i think bastard woulda went better if he used that synth voice he used in that live 'to all the girls ive loved before.' Josh __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-14 ******************************