Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #65-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 65, Number 15 Friday, 16 July 2004 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: surfs alone Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:23:44 -0400 From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: surfs alone Message-ID: <343764C6.086F3638.024BC21A@aol.com> sweet, thanks kay! just ordered it for an obscene amount of money, with shipping... just goes to show im a sentimental materialist at heart. man now i am bummed im gonna miss their brooklyn show. ooh, that hoodie is tempting too but... no. im loving the spine more and more, besides the whole too-short thing... its good. and you wanna know WHY its good? cuz it sounds like it was supposed to be a freaking album! my theory of tmbg divergence, which i just thought up a few seconds before i finished writing that last sentence- is that the greater the disparity between media-pop culture and current events/ hard-culture... the greater the disparity between tmbg's music and actual song content/song structures. compare john henry, released when the nation was locked in a desperate and selfish embrace with altruism and social conciousness, to The Spine. the more socially concious the country, the darker the actual music will be. and the Spine is a POP EXPLOSION! (i'll get into why this occurs next episode. or better yet, over drinks.) now let's never talk about mink car again. lizzy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #65-15 ******************************